carat
color
clarity

1.4ct I VS2 Whiteflash ACA x CVB Jovyn

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrsboxaca.jpg

I didn't originally intend to post a separate thread for this ring, as it is a simple design and not remarkable size (for PS it seems!) diamond, but after some encouragement from kind PSers I decided that maybe my humble ering upgrade should have its own thread. So here we are! :)

I originally joined PS a few years ago when I was newly engaged and searching for an engagement ring. At first, I consider diamonds since I knew very little about them beyond the poorly cut ones in the shopping malls, so I thought that I just didn't like diamonds. I first went with a 1ct sapphire ring. However, I soon learned about OECs through PS, and then a year later I ended up upgrading to a 1.72ct K OEC in a solitaire with French cut sides. A year after that, I realized that K was just a little too warm for my personal preference, I preferred the optimal performance of modern precision cuts, and I wanted a simple classic solitaire. I still love old cuts but I'm not sure if I want it in an ering. I might go back and get another AVR at some point for a RHR but we'll see.

I had previously purchased a DBTY and earring studs from Whiteflash before and had always been impressed by their quality and service, so it was a no-brainer to go with a Whiteflash ACA. Their generous upgrade policy was also an important consideration-- I plan to upgrade to a ~2ct perhaps for a milestone birthday in a few years' time.

aset_3.jpg

As for the setting, there was no hesitation in my mind. I had admired Caysie's (CVB Inspired Design) Jovyn setting for well over a year. To me, it was even better than the classic Tiffany 6-prong solitaire that inspired it. I love the idea of the Tiffany solitaire but I found the band too thick and the prongs too chunky. I wanted something flowing, delicate and feminine yet substantial and strong. Caysie has outdone herself, the proportions and liquid metal look of the ring are everything I'd hoped for!

Thanks are due to arkieb and Niel for helping choose the diamond, and Niel for the help with the CADs. Also I appreciate the ongoing encouragement and advice from Acinom and dk168 . Thanks also to LLJs mom and everyone in Tekate's thread who convinced me to make a new thread for this ring on PS. Thank you also to Gypsy and other prosumers whose posts have been an invaluable source of knowledge for me along the way... :wavey:

Specs:
1.436ct I VS2 Whiteflash A Cut Above, AGS 000
7.23x7.29x4.48 mm
Platinum Jovyn setting by CVB Inspired Design

It's my first time seeing a super ideal cut diamond and I have been blown away by the amazing flashes and rainbow colors coming off this stone. It's always crazy bright and the light almost seems to emanate from within. I'm lucky that it has been a slow week at work due to the holidays, because I've been so distracted and continually staring at this ring! :love:

Anyway on to the photos~ :naughty:

1b-pearls.jpg

2016-12-24_11.jpg
2016-12-24_11_0.jpg
2-mrsbox.jpg 2a-mrsbox.jpg 2b-mrsbox.jpg

Reflecting the blue sky (paired with an engraved band from VC)
3-bluesky.jpg

More handshots
4-hand.jpg 5-hand.jpg 6-hand.jpg

I like nice ring butts and I cannot lie... :lol:
7-ringbutt.jpg

A pseudo-artistic shot. I like how the reflection of the ring joins together to make the symbol for infinity. Happy new year everyone! Let's look ahead to 2017!
7-shadow.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really lovely on you! :appl: I'm glad you chose a WF ACA as well--welcome to the MRB club! :wavey:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
So perfect! That showcases the gorgeous diamond in such an elegant way. It looks awesome on you! :appl:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Your ring looks fabulous on you.
I love Caysie's Jovyn setting also and it complements your ACA so well.

Just beautiful! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks m2b, lilysweet and Boom. I am thrilled with this ring!! :appl:

I wanted to add a few more photos and a video but was too slow and can no longer edit the original post--

Another close up
closeup_6.jpg

We went for a walk in the woods
hike.jpg

With my other two precious babies! (my kitties :lol: )
kitty.jpg kitty1.jpg

A Christmassy video-- https://vid.me/xZTl

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful on your beautiful hand mochiko. So glad you gave us more pics. Love them all, and your kitty. Enjoy your very lovely and classic ring. It is perfect on you. :love: :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww what a beautiful ring Mochiko. And it looks beautiful on you.
Gorgeous diamond and gorgeous setting. :love:
And I LOVE the kitty too! :love:

simurgh

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous and looks beautiful on you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic perfection Mochiko :love: :love: :love:
Both the stone and the setting are stunning and the ring looks amazing on you. It's a very sophisticated and elegant look.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pure glittering perfection! :love: The diamond is gorgeous, and the setting is exquisite for showing it off! I love Caysie's team and their attention to detail in how the arrows align to the prongs. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is indeed beautiful! So glad it has a well deserved thread of its own! Your pictures are great as well and that always helps others.

Enjoy your new ring - the setting is as beautiful as the diamond!!

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
Check out those crisp arrows! It's clasically beautiful! :love: and your pictures are awesome btw!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it! To me, it is THE most classic and timeless engagement ring! You chose a perfect diamond and perfect setting! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Absolutely gorgeous!!! Amazing diamond in an elegant setting - It's perfection on your hand! It must be impossible to get anything done while you're wearing this beauty! :appl: :dance:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko, I am so glad you gave this beauty it's own thread. It is beautiful and perfect! My first upgrade (from my .75, which I have and still love) was a WF ACA. I loved that stone and wished I could have kept it. An I VS2 is my sweet spot. It is the perfect balance of all the parameters including cost to me. I love your setting, and agree with you that it is even better than the Tiffany setting. It looks lovely on you and is a ring that you can love forever!

Please, never feel that it is not thread worthy! It is so gorgeous and I am sure it will go on to be saved by anonymous PS'ers over and over!
Congratulations and I hope you love wearing it every day for many many years! It is truly lovely and a work of art.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfect diamond! Perfect size! Perfect setting! Perfect wedding band!!! It's heavenly. Wear it in good health!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfection Mochiko!!! I'm so glad you started your own thread to show off this beauty!! :love: :appl: your kitty is super cute, too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Mochico! You cant go wrong with an ACA...perfection! I love the engraved band you are pairing with it also!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, That is a beautiful classic!... :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful & timeless. Love it!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone Mochico! It looks perfect on your finger. Enjoy!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It looks beautiful on you. Very elegant!

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
wow, wow, wow. Such a classic, timeless beauty! :appl: It looks SO bright and white! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely stone and ring, and a perfect size on your finger and hand. Looking forward to see it in person later this year.

DK :))

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful mochiko and perfect on your hand! You and I seem to have been through similar ring adventures.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Classic elegance!! :love: :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and beautiful rings. Congratulations.

P

PierreBear

So elegant and classic. Great choice on the setting! Enjoy and congratulations!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful classic! I love it with the engraved band. :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect, beautiful classic ring! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results