shape
carat
color
clarity

At the Risk of Putting Another Alleged Nail in the Coffin...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: At the Risk of Putting Another Alleged Nail in the Coffi

ruby59|1484103718|4114235 said:
Calliecake|1484103057|4114229 said:
Ruby, I didn't mean to imply you reported anyone. I apologize if it seemed that way.

Thank you, Callie. I know Ella is more then capable of controlling this site. It was just a suggestion.

I have been reading some old threads lately. So many screen names are gone.

And I do realize people and interests change, but I miss the old Pricescope.
H

Ruby, I chalk that up to people's lives changing. It gets tough when people are working and have a family to find free time. I don't think the political threads have been too nasty. Sure people get upset from time to time but I don't think are any hard feelings. This election was something we had never seen before. Had any any other candidate won the election everyone would have been over it already. We wouldn't be happy but I don't think anyone would be afraid.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Tekate|1484091766|4114169 said:
Karl_K|1484091328|4114160 said:
Tekate|1484090861|4114156 said:
Cough, COUGH, laugh, laugh, you must state that this is YOUR OPINION, only people who read Infowars (fake news site plus a site full of conspiracy theories).. Dimbart, total false news site, etc.. Fox news.. all the sites that misconstrue and lie.. otherwise known at the right wing press, total lies.
As oppose to the left wing lies and fake news at msnbc, cnn, abc and 99.99999999% of the huge corporate owned newspapers and to many websites to mention?

Shoe fit wear Karl.. what you posted is total, twisted, misinterpretation that is found on places like info wars etc.

Liberal press, another lie from the right wing, alt right morons.

never said I believed all of it. :wavey: :dance: :saint:
Was just felling like trolling some liberals :} since some have been trolling conservatives for months.

one more:
Obama,
best gun salesman ever.
That one is 110% true :} :clap: :clap: :saint:

Liberal press is fact though.
When flipping through the channels and you see reporters crying because Hillary was losing you know something is wrong.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1484147703|4114344 said:
ruby59|1484103718|4114235 said:
Calliecake|1484103057|4114229 said:
Ruby, I didn't mean to imply you reported anyone. I apologize if it seemed that way.

Thank you, Callie. I know Ella is more then capable of controlling this site. It was just a suggestion.

I have been reading some old threads lately. So many screen names are gone.

And I do realize people and interests change, but I miss the old Pricescope.
H

Ruby, I chalk that up to people's lives changing. It gets tough when people are working and have a family to find free time. I don't think the political threads have been too nasty. Sure people get upset from time to time but I don't think are any hard feelings. This election was something we had never seen before. Had any any other candidate won the election everyone would have been over it already. We wouldn't be happy but I don't think anyone would be afraid.

Yes most people were able to keep it from being nasty and one is able to ignore those few.

:wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Yes circumstances change, but I still feel that some people are staying away because of the negative atmosphere here.

Compared to other places, this board is very civilized, but in reading old threads, the family atmosphere of Pricescope seems to be gone.

I cannot explain it, but this place has a different feel to it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think a lot of us are staying away because the election is over but the crying is still going on and we are tired of it. Too many election threads. Let's get back to kittens and nail polish. :dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby|1484282886|4114955 said:
I think a lot of us are staying away because the election is over but the crying is still going on and we are tired of it. Too many election threads. Let's get back to kittens and nail polish. :dance:

While my country is besieged by an ignoramus? lies? big business running amok in our government? hate?.. no way.

if the alt right/regular right/and middle right are all happy, good for them, but as a democrat, a believer in democracy, this new plutocrat makes me scared, and sick. I think the right needs to be vigilant, it's THEM that got us into this mess, not a majority, then it should behoove them to think deeper than this being a boohoo.. this is scary..

Mantra: Impeach Trump before War is started.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K|1484151712|4114364 said:
Tekate|1484091766|4114169 said:
Karl_K|1484091328|4114160 said:
Cough, COUGH, laugh, laugh, you must state that this is YOUR OPINION, only people who read Infowars (fake news site plus a site full of conspiracy theories).. Dimbart, total false news site, etc.. Fox news.. all the sites that misconstrue and lie.. otherwise known at the right wing press, total lies.
As oppose to the left wing lies and fake news at msnbc, cnn, abc and 99.99999999% of the huge corporate owned newspapers and to many websites to mention?

Shoe fit wear Karl.. what you posted is total, twisted, misinterpretation that is found on places like info wars etc.

Liberal press, another lie from the right wing, alt right morons.

never said I believed all of it. :wavey: :dance: :saint:
Was just felling like trolling some liberals :} since some have been trolling conservatives for months.

one more:
Obama,
best gun salesman ever.
That one is 110% true :} :clap: :clap: :saint:

Liberal press is fact though.
When flipping through the channels and you see reporters crying because Hillary was losing you know something is wrong.

Who cares who cries, people cried because they fear this demented idiot and nuclear war, tweeting, golden showers etc..

What is trolling? honest true feeling and writing it to counter what one feels is wrong or unfair? or is it stoke a fire when one really has no belief one way or the other but get's off on negativity?

ALT Right is wrong.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1484090962|4114157 said:
Karl_K|1484085873|4114132 said:
Obama,
free money to the banking class who should have been in jail.
ruined the military
ruined the US internationally by being so weak.
Created and supported ISIS
Fought tooth and nail against US energy independence.
Abuses by government agencies against the people for political gain. DEA, IRS, EPA, ATF, DHS, BLM the list goes on and on.
Did nothing while jobs were being sucked away by Clinton's NAFTA. The biggest destroyer of US jobs ever.
Stabbed Israel in the back.
Allowed thousands of terrorists into the country with no vetting.
Supported and increased illegal spying on Americans.
Stabbed law enforcement in the back while doing nothing to rein in the real abuses by law enforcement and government agencies.
Told the people that they had to buy something from private companies or else the IRS was going top get em.
Pro China and anti US at every turn.
Tried to force the US into international secret pacts that were damaging to the American people.
Supported the idea that a min wage job 30 hour a a week job at Chinamart was a good job to make his job numbers look good.
If you don't like the numbers change how they are counted.
Yea we really needed 4 more years of that.

Are you the keeper of all that is truthful and therefore decide what others must do?

Are you and the Alt Right the keeper? Seriously basically the question is a non sequitur in logic. I could be or I could not be, if someone retorts to your beliefs and you reply are you the keeper? Basically it is dialogue and exchanging of ideas which may help someone (open to others).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dear God. It was tongue in cheek. Maybe I am getting like Deb and need to clarify everything I write. Nah.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hangout has been quiet for a while now. I think the reason it began slowing down to begin with was because the topics weren't very thought provoking or interesting. Nail polish definitely falls into that category for me. If you are unhappy with what the topics being discussed are, start threads with what you want to talk about. There is no need to ask others NOT to start threads on subjects they want to discuss. Sorry, I love hearing others opinions on what is going on in the world. With that being said I would never suggest someone not start a thread on what they want to discuss. It's very easy not to open a political thread if you don't want to discuss politics.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake|1484325302|4115042 said:

Hangout has been quiet for a while now. I think the reason it began slowing down to begin with was because the topics weren't very thought provoking or interesting. Nail polish definitely falls into that category for me. If you are unhappy with what the topics being discussed are, start threads with what you want to talk about. There is no need to ask others NOT to start threads on subjects they want to discuss. Sorry, I love hearing others opinions on what is going on in the world. With that being said I would never suggest someone not start a thread on what they want to discuss. It's very easy not to open a political thread if you don't want to discuss politics[/b.

Yes, but you might have to go to page 2 or 3 of hangout to avoid it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Agreed =)
Things do feel different I think. Once the political can of worms was opened up, Hangout seems to be dominated by "heavier" topics. I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, but it's clearly set a different tone here (which is good for some, but not others).
Yes, we could start our own threads with "lighter" topics, but I just sense that the feeling here has changed. For every nail polish thread, there's 10 political/Trump-bashing/doom-&-gloom threads. It's not as fun to post any more (at least not for me). I suppose it's normal for things to change (or ebb and flow), so I guess it is what it is. I still visit here, just not as often.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1484321961|4115030 said:
Dear God. It was tongue in cheek. Maybe I am getting like Deb and need to clarify everything I write. Nah.

Did not sound funny.. it sounded sarcastic.. I wouldn't suggest you clarify everything you write, but read what you write and ask yourself, will they get it as funny or does it sound sarcastic, mean, unkind etc. Sometimes I miss stuff myself. That is why most of my posts have an edited on it because after I hit enter and read it again, it may not convey what I thought it did.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

momhappy|1484334907|4115086 said:

Agreed =)
Things do feel different I think. Once the political can of worms was opened up, Hangout seems to be dominated by "heavier" topics. I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, but it's clearly set a different tone here (which is good for some, but not others).
Yes, we could start our own threads with "lighter" topics, but I just sense that the feeling here has changed. For every nail polish thread, there's 10 political/Trump-bashing/doom-&-gloom threads. It's not as fun to post any more (at least not for me). I suppose it's normal for things to change (or ebb and flow), so I guess it is what it is. I still visit here, just not as often.

I ave been reading old threads lately, and this board is very different. It is not so much the topics, but the way that everyone here has become so suspicious of each other and are locking on to every word that is being said to find some ulterior motive behind it.

Back then people criticized posts, but now they are criticizing each other and calling out Pricescopers by name.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed =)
My observation has been that this "different feeling " isn't exclusive to an Internet message board. Trump is bringing about some pretty negative feelings across the country. We should probably get used to it.

Let's face it, with the people he is hiring and with his own behavior since the election, fostering good will among the people is not on his to do list.

I really wish all of us the best. I am praying that our eyes are wide open in time to save us all. I hope we can all hug and make up and say " holy shit! We really dodged a bullet with that guy, huh?"

That's my (not so) realistic wishlist for 2017

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

^So you're saying that Trump is responsible for the change on this board :confused:
Maybe some are using Trump as an excuse, but I'm not buying it. I don't care for the guy, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna get all doom-and-gloom. At some point during the campaign, I just had to say enough is enough and since I had absolutely no control over the outcome, I decided to let it go. Sure, there's lots of crazy/heavy things happening in this world (there always has been), but sometimes we need a break. If others get satisfaction out of the threads/discussions, fabulous, but some of us have moved on.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1484335237|4115088 said:

Did not sound funny.. it sounded sarcastic..

Kate-

I consider you a sister and a soulmate, but the truth is that if red was posting something tongue in cheek and others heard her come off sounding nasty and sarcastic, she has, indeed, been posting in a style similar to mine. She would do well to consider clarifying everything she writes from here on in. ;))

Deb
:saint:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Since this thread is called "At the Risk of putting another alleged nail in the coffin......"

15894932_363644667333746_5235755403771009784_n.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1484386064|4115228 said:
Since this thread is called "At the Risk of putting another alleged nail in the coffin......"

This makes me happy.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Yes, I've seen that cartoon.
For some of us, Sally and Bob are still friends after the election because they understand that who you voted for in the election, does not necessarily define you as a person.
Some of us actually don't care who others voted for because we don't feel like it's any of our business. Some of us have noticed that many people are engaging in the very behaviors in which they claim to protest (negativity, anger, hatred, ridicule, name-calling, mocking, belittling, stigmatizing, etc.) because they can blame Trump for it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1484405024|4115261 said:

Yes, I've seen that cartoon.
For some of us, Sally and Bob are still friends after the election because they understand that who you voted for in the election, does not necessarily define you as a person.
Some of us actually don't care who others voted for because we don't feel like it's any of our business. Some of us have noticed that many people are engaging in the very behaviors in which they claim to protest (negativity, anger, hatred, ridicule, name-calling, mocking, belittling, stigmatizing, etc.) because they can blame Trump for it.

Well said.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1484370190|4115207 said:
Tekate|1484335237|4115088 said:

Did not sound funny.. it sounded sarcastic..

Kate-

I consider you a sister and a soulmate, but the truth is that if red was posting something tongue in cheek and others heard her come off sounding nasty and sarcastic, she has, indeed, been posting in a style similar to mine. She would do well to consider clarifying everything she writes from here on in. ;))

Deb
:saint:

:) Hi Deb, I was not mad or anything btw.. I know Red comes across as sometimes sarcastic and funny.

Peace and I believe also we are soul sisters! and I love your jewelery. Onward!

:wavey: :dance: :dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1484366376|4115194 said:
^So you're saying that Trump is responsible for the change on this board :confused:
Maybe some are using Trump as an excuse, but I'm not buying it. I don't care for the guy, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna get all doom-and-gloom. At some point during the campaign, I just had to say enough is enough and since I had absolutely no control over the outcome, I decided to let it go. Sure, there's lots of crazy/heavy things happening in this world (there always has been), but sometimes we need a break. If others get satisfaction out of the threads/discussions, fabulous, but some of us have moved on.

I can't move on.. I move upward etc on my belief that Trump is very bad for Americans, especially the middle class and poor (the rich they love him!) I worry for the future of our earth, I worry about my sons behind able to make a life under republicans who give the rich much higher tax breaks.. I worry for the poor. I worry for me, as I am on Obamacare.

I dont remember the world being this crazy under any other president, including Nixon and Reagan.

I worry about womens rights. :(

I worry about nuclear war.

I cannot just move it on, I admire your ability to do that. I want to leave this planet intact and green and with abundant water that is clean, especially if I have a grandchild (someday.. somewhere.. sometime... maybe :) )

IMO anyone can bypass a thread, I stopped coming here in 14 because I don't wear perfume, and nail polish isn't part of my life now that I'm over the big hill. I like the Now I did it!

But everyone has a right to their thoughts and to verbalize them.. all is fair.

Peace and to a better tomorrow!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Truth.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1484345392|4115128 said:

Agreed =)
My observation has been that this "different feeling " isn't exclusive to an Internet message board. Trump is bringing about some pretty negative feelings across the country. We should probably get used to it.

Let's face it, with the people he is hiring and with his own behavior since the election, fostering good will among the people is not on his to do list.

I really wish all of us the best. I am praying that our eyes are wide open in time to save us all. I hope we can all hug and make up and say " holy shit! We really dodged a bullet with that guy, huh?"

That's my (not so) realistic wishlist for 2017

wonderfully said, thank you.

peace.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_14511.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results