color
clarity

The Trumpet 1-11-2017

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who missed the press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gVBK_eGlqU

Who may have peed on whom pales in comparison to the crap cheeto dumps daily on the citizens of this country. He affirms it each time he references the biggest "movement" of all time. Of all the $hit he spewed this morning, the one line that made me pause was when he stated he'll "be the greatest jobs producer that god ever created." In addition to all the other things he claims to be the "greatest" at, we must be in the presence of god's greatest creation ever. Cheeto may be even greater than god, since he claimed he could simultaneously run his empire and the government and "do a good job" and that "no one else could do it" while god is having trouble managing just earth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb9I6klCDaE

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

russian_assets.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
rofl
come on, you can do better than that.
Its no fun when I have nothing to work with.

cnn fake news getting called fake news by the wp is the funniest thing all week.
Trump refusing to take a question from cnn was even better.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1484169333|4114471 said:
rofl

cnn fake news getting called fake news by the wp is the funniest thing all week.

A liar whining about fake news is as good as it gets. Look what we've come to -- playground politics -- the president-elect insulting and trying to discredit ALL news and intelligence sources and those same sources retaliating in a merry-go-round game of who has the biggest prick.

Wrong. Sad.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rofl

Please tell us where you get your news Karl- wouldn't you agree it's good to keep up with what's going on locally, and in the world?
So what's the best place that's not "fake news"?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rofl

I think it's extremely inappropriate for you as a vendor to be proud of "trolling" liberals in this forum. Then, on the other hand, I'm glad to see your true character so I can never support you financially. Perhaps you'd be wise to take note of that as as the "liberal elite" on this forum are the ones with disposable income to spend on diamonds.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
liaerfbv|1484171405|4114482 said:
rofl

I think it's extremely inappropriate for you as a vendor to be proud of "trolling" liberals in this forum. Then, on the other hand, I'm glad to see your true character so I can never support you financially. Perhaps you'd be wise to take note of that as as the "liberal elite" on this forum are the ones with disposable income to spend on diamonds.
I'm still genuinely interested to learn where Karl feels is a good place to get "real news", but your point is extremely spot on liaerfbv

I will say that on a personal note- in a way having a business kind of forces one to look at matters in a way that will allow for attitudes- and opinions that are different than the ones we hold ourselves- to be in business, there are benefits from being civil.
Anyone remember "civility"?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1484169696|4114474 said:
rofl

A liar whining about fake news is as good as it gets. Look what we've come to -- playground politics -- the president-elect insulting and trying to discredit ALL news and intelligence sources and those same sources retaliating in a merry-go-round game of who has the biggest prick.

Wrong. Sad.

Watching Trump refuse to take a question from CNN because they are "fake news" was one of the most infuriating things I've seen in a while. He is such a pompous piece of poop. CNN is one of the furthest away from "fake news".

Also I :love: you, Matata. WRONG. SAD. UNFAIR.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rockdiamond|1484170337|4114478 said:
rofl

Please tell us where you get your news Karl- wouldn't you agree it's good to keep up with what's going on locally, and in the world?
I haven't found one yet that is totally free of fake news.
I look over yahoo news to see what is buzzing then do my own research if something catches my eye.
Like today I read the transcript of Trumps press conference and ignored all the press attempts at spin.
The other one I look at is BBC news. It is not perfect but better than a lot of them out there.
It covers a lot of stuff in the world that the US press does not cover.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1484172444|4114493 said:
Rockdiamond|1484170337|4114478 said:
rofl

I haven't found one yet that is totally free of fake news.
I look over yahoo news to see what is buzzing then do my own research if something catches my eye.
Like today I read the transcript of Trumps press conference and ignored all the press attempts at spin.
The other one I look at is BBC news. It is not perfect but better than a lot of them out there.
It covers a lot of stuff in the world that the US press does not cover.

soooo, then I assume you've seen this? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38586626

the BBC is also reporting on it.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl- maybe you mean "opinionated reading of events" as opposed to flat out "fake news"?

Unfortunately, there's a lot of both going on today- but I do feel it's important to distinguish.
CNN is clearly in the first category ( as are MSNBC, FOX, CBS, etc)- yet I don't think it's fair to put them in the second- of course that's my own opinionated reading of events.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1484171820|4114487 said:
rofl

I'm still genuinely interested to learn where Karl feels is a good place to get "real news", but your point is extremely spot on liaerfbv

I will say that on a personal note- in a way having a business kind of forces one to look at matters in a way that will allow for attitudes- and opinions that are different than the ones we hold ourselves- to be in business, there are benefits from being civil.
Anyone remember "civility"?

A difference in personal beliefs is one thing - trolling on a forum is pathetic, immature, and inappropriate. I would respect a vendor who wanted to discuss a different viewpoint as a civil adult, like you said. I've lost of a lot of respect for Karl this week based on his posts, which unfortunately for him directly affects where my dollars are spent.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can attest 100% ALL of our Octavias are politically neutral :angel:

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Fake news = anything they don't agree with.

I love this opinion piece by CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/opinions/donald-trump-is-gaslighting-america-ghitis/index.html

We are wading into dangerous territory as a country when the leader starts trying to suppress major news agencies because he doesn't like how they report on him and think they are mean. Grow a pair, Donald, criticism is part of the job.

As far as the Russian report, I think it is generally true, minus a few details, probably. I know a little about how this works through a connection I have. The details are never released publicly because that puts their lives at risk. Some details may be wrong, but the gist is usually very solid. The source of this report is a highly respected and vetted MI6 agent who was hired by the Republicans to dig up dirt on Trump. That's how McCain got it. I'm not a huge McCain supporter, but he's not dumb, either. And then for Comey to have this report in his lap and refuse to tell the public about the investigation while at the same time making a huge issue about the Weiner emails is really gross.

It is interesting that Michael Flynn is in the report, which was compiled before he got his cabinet post. And of course all the Russian ties in the Trump election camp and now in the cabinet. Something really stinks here.

And FTR, I couldn't care less about Trump's sexual proclivities. All of that is just diverting from the important stuff in the report: Trump's collusion with the Russian government for his, and their, gain.

In the report it mentions diverting attention away from Trump's ties to China. I wonder what those ties really are now.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that I am biased in Karl's favor because he is a personal friend from before he became a vendor, but it really bothers me that he has to lose his freedom of speech here just because he is a vendor. I also do not see him as a troll. I really disagree with him on most political issues, but I also like him very, very much as a person and find him respectful of others.

Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeekeeperBetty|1484174819|4114516 said:

I love this opinion piece by CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/opinions/donald-trump-is-gaslighting-america-ghitis/index.html

We are wading into dangerous territory as a country when the leader starts trying to suppress major news agencies because he doesn't like how they report on him and think they are mean. Grow a pair, Donald, criticism is part of the job.

As far as the Russian report, I think it is generally true, minus a few details, probably. I know a little about how this works through a connection I have. The details are never released publicly because that puts their lives at risk. Some details may be wrong, but the gist is usually very solid. The source of this report is a highly respected and vetted MI6 agent who was hired by the Republicans to dig up dirt on Trump. That's how McCain got it. I'm not a huge McCain supporter, but he's not dumb, either. And then for Comey to have this report in his lap and refuse to tell the public about the investigation while at the same time making a huge issue about the Weiner emails is really gross.

It is interesting that Michael Flynn is in the report, which was compiled before he got his cabinet post. And of course all the Russian ties in the Trump election camp and now in the cabinet. Something really stinks here.

And FTR, I couldn't care less about Trump's sexual proclivities. All of that is just diverting from the important stuff in the report: Trump's collusion with the Russian government for his, and their, gain.

In the report it mentions diverting attention away from Trump's ties to China. I wonder what those ties really are now.

Thanks for sharing this Betty. I agree with you. Something really stinks here.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1484175351|4114519 said:
I know that I am biased in Karl's favor because he is a personal friend from before he became a vendor, but it really bothers me that he has to lose his freedom of speech here just because he is a vendor. I also do not see him as a troll. I really disagree with him on most political issues, but I also like him very, very much as a person and find him respectful of others.

Deb

I believe he himself said he was trolling in another thread. He absolutely has freedom of speech - I also have the freedom to not support his business when I think he's acting unprofessionally and not respectful. I have no personal interest in him otherwise.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rofl

Proof please.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb

I don't know Karl personally but he always seemed very nice and I agree freedom of speech is an important right but well it is hard to separate personal from professional when we are talking about Trump. Since what Trump stands for is generally pretty vile so I can see the disconnect in this situation. I am not making the Hitler analogy except to say if a person was supporting Hitler would it make you feel any differently about that person? I am not saying Trump is Hitler but I am saying I can understand how some people cannot forgive those who are supporting him.

Personally I hate everything Trump stands for and I am genuinely confused as to why any person would support such a man especially for President but I have not cut off connections with friends who do support him. Thankfully I don't have many friends who support him. I only know of one actually. Thank goodness.

And liaerfbv has an absolute right not to support someone's business with whom she doesn't respect politically or otherwise. That is her freedom of choice.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb

I love commenting on his posts, :) :loopy: but he and everyone else here has a right to post their opinion. Nicely :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What I find really irritating is that so much emphasis is put on the sexual aspects of this (not here, I just mean in general). I hate that the sexual stuff gets the most attention, because it's by far the least important thing discussed in the report. A friend (who is very strongly liberal and despises Trump), put it well earlier today when he said the following via social media
...I hate Trump with the fire of a thousand suns, but let's be better than shaming a dude for whatever stuff he consensually likes to do in the bedroom. There is more than enough to shame him for without being sh***y about his sexuality no matter how many incredible lulz we could get out of it.

I also 100% hate Trump and everything he stands for, and I certainly appreciate the irony of this given how disrespectful he is about women's bodies/sexual activities. But no matter what, I can't ever support shaming someone for their sexual activities and preferences (obviously only if consensual).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1484175628|4114522 said:

Deb

I believe he himself said he was trolling in another thread. He absolutely has freedom of speech - I also have the freedom to not support his business when I think he's acting unprofessionally and not respectful. I have no personal interest in him otherwise.

And you are right also..

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Deb
Hi Deb and thanks my friend
I probably did go a little far on one post in the other thread.
I will rein it in a little.
I sometimes forget that its not the old days when people would know when I was funning with them.
Which was the majority of the time outside of diamond and serious life threads :}

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, In the eyes of the Dems. Comey was a big hero when he didn't press charges against HC about her Emails, then two weeks before the election he became a goat... :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1484176520|4114529 said:
liaerfbv|1484175628|4114522 said:

Deb

And you are right also..

I really love ksinger's quotation about freedom of speech. The one that says, in essence, that "free speech" guarantees only that one is not imprisoned or killed for his speech, but that it does not mean he will not be criticized for it or suffer other ill consequences for speaking out. (At least that is how I remember what she posted.)

I certainly did not mean that no one should criticize Karl or refuse to buy his goods. Of course everyone should be free to exercise those rights. I meant that that I hoped Pricescope would not shut him up because he is a vendor. In my opinion, that would be taking away his freedom of speech here. But by all means people should be free to answer him and to refuse to buy his goods!

Deb :wavey:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yea the one post was a little over the line, Sorry if i offended you.
Threats however will not keep me from posting my opinions but I will try and stay a bit away from the troll line.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liberals, if certain vendors don't agree with your political views just threaten their business... :rolleyes: :wall:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1484181721|4114555 said:
Liberals, if certain vendors don't agree with your political views just threaten their business... :rolleyes: :wall:
wouldn't that work both ways DF?
Just sayin'

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1484182586|4114557 said:
Dancing Fire|1484181721|4114555 said:
wouldn't that work both ways DF?
Just sayin'
I don't care about the vendor's political views as long as I receive a big discount... :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results