shape
carat
color
clarity

Third Time's a Charm! Brian Gavin Blue Meets Retro Beauty!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! I've been away from PS for a long while in the Jewelry Doldrums but wanted to share my upgraded engagement ring with everyone.

It's been a 5 year long road to figure out what I really like. And I am so grateful my hubby is such a very patient man! I think I have finally found what have been looking for in a ring (and I have been through a couple of them!). I love and adore vintage and antique settings but crave ease reliability in searching for a stone. My lovely wedding band ended up being very very hard to coordinate which led me down a long path of errors and jewelry lessons. Getting involved with purses and scarves on thepurseforum taught me how to really think through what I like versus what looks good on me and is suitable for the lifestyle I lead. So now, nearly 5 years to the day since I joined PS, I think I finally have the perfect blend of casual and carefree, but totally "me".

I also want to profusely thank all my online friends who held my hand while I looked and contemplated settings! I really, really wanted to get this right!

Are you ready???? (I'm gonna do this purseforum style!) :appl:

Sneak peek!!!

charm1.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Re: Third Time's a Charm! Brian Gavin Blue Meets Retro Beaut

A little more....

charm2.jpg

charm3.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Last sneak peek! (Then I promise I'll move on! I've never had anything "big" enough to do a slow reveal- but I think this counts!!)

charmpeek1_0.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Ok- I'm back. And please let me introduce to you my very lovely new E-ring- now dubbed Miss Kitty.

Stats are:
1.652 K vs2, medium fluor ( :love: ) measuring 7.58x7.61mm. For those interested, table 55.9, CA 34.9, PA 40.8, depth 61.8 and the LGF are 77.

Meet Miss Kitty! (So named because a friend said she looked like she had little kitten claws, which is what I asked for for the setting. :angel: )

misskitty1.jpg

misskitty2.jpg

And why kitten claws you ask??? :naughty: Because I spent the last year raising this crew from the bottle. It was a very very busy year last year!!! They still keep me on my toes!

kittens_0.jpg

januarykittens.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

I couldn't have been more happy when hubby opened the box for me! I was too nervous to look, because I spent sooooo much time worrying over this the last month...did I make the right choice? What if this setting doesn't look good with it? More over, how was I going to feel about a K???? :errrr: Since I didn't get to see the stone in person first due to having to send my old one in for the upgrade....

After I finally decided on the stone, and wasn't thrilled to have to consider a temp setting which I'd then have to reset again, I knew it had to go in something vintage or antique and so I combed eBay during my 2 week window while my old stone went to the lab to be checked.

I came across this lovely 1940's setting in platinum with a fishtail head and about .20-.25 in side stones. (It's hard to tell, they are larger than the .03 each in the description, but smaller than my .10 each back hole studs so I am guessing a little.) It was already nearly my size, and looked in good shape. I double checked with the vendor that my stone would fit and they said yes, so I got it in and began the mad rush to get it to BGD within the return period in case that wasn't true. Everything was fine, BGD rehabbed what bits needed rehabbing, polishing and repronging and gave me cute little points on the prongs. (I've never seen a full claw on a fishtail, but love pointed prongs, so that was my compromise to keep the vintage feel.)

Now fondly dubbed "kitten claws"

settingside.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

And the last few pics I have edited at the moment, plus some hand shots:

Full set:

misskittyside2.jpg

misskittyside.jpg

Outside:

kittyoutside.jpg

With my Van Craeynest wedding band (so pretty, so hard to coordinate....)

kittyhand1.jpg

With my 5 stone for a "dressed up" blinged out look:

kitty5stone.jpg

Thank you for looking and being patient while I told the story and loaded everything... :wavey:

Groucho

Rough_Rock

Gorgeous stone and stack! Enjoy your new treasure (and your kitties).

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Groucho|1484148849|4114349 said:
Gorgeous stone and stack! Enjoy your new treasure (and your kitties).

Thank you kindly Groucho!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Oops- there was one more. The Brian Gavin fluor shot was so much better than I could ever do....

fluorshotbgd.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is amazing! I love your stack set. And your kittens are soooo precious! :appl:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Fantastic! Your fur babies are super cute as well!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is lovely! It has a really nice vintage feel about it with none of the wear. It's a beauty :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Alex T|1484165950|4114448 said:
This is lovely! It has a really nice vintage feel about it with none of the wear. It's a beauty :love:

Yimmers|1484163062|4114436 said:
Fantastic! Your fur babies are super cute as well!

hearts-arrows_girl|1484160868|4114420 said:
Your ring is amazing! I love your stack set. And your kittens are soooo precious! :appl:

Thank you so much Alex T, Yimmers and hearts-arrows_girl! I was head over heels the moment I saw it! :love: (And everyone who knows me knows all about Team Double Trouble too...who are both precious and simultaneously a handful.) :lol:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW :love: this is so so beautiful and it looks perfect with your VC band. I love everything about it and your kittens are ADORABLE. Wear it in good health!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

foxinsox|1484166590|4114452 said:
WOW :love: this is so so beautiful and it looks perfect with your VC band. I love everything about it and your kittens are ADORABLE. Wear it in good health!

Thank you foxinsox! It's was in pretty good shape to start, but I think they did a lovely job rehabbing and refining it! It is certainly a joy to wear!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love, love, love your slow reveal and back story! You nailed it bunnycat! Your new stone and setting are just lovely! Enjoy your versatile stacking options all of which are gorgeous :love:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ooo thank you for this!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Bonfire|1484167890|4114460 said:
I love, love, love your slow reveal and back story! You nailed it bunnycat! Your new stone and setting are just lovely! Enjoy your versatile stacking options all of which are gorgeous :love:

Thank you Bonfire! It was fun to do! (Though not something I'll partake of often...) :D (Love the set in your avatar!)

CravingDiamonds|1484168725|4114466 said:
Ooo thank you for this!

You are so welcome CravingDiamonds!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Today with my anniversary band from hubby (from IDJ) and a rose gold twisty stacker. :lickout:

rgstack.jpg

A little fiyah....

bgfire1.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Stack profile...sorry...still very excited...as you can tell!

profilestack.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new ring is just gorgeous! It looks good too with the various stacks and your excitement is contagious!

Enjoy your new bling and wear in good health!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations on your beautiful find !!!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock

Love the kitten claws and the kittens! So cute!

mayday

Shiny_Rock

First time I think I have seen an ering that looks so fab with a VC band, but not in a matchy way - well done, bunnycat!!!! Looooove that fluor!! I'd be out in the sunshine always, checking that wonderful look.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

It's beautiful! I love it with all the bands. What fun you'll have mixing them all up. Adore the sweet kitties!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

MissGotRocks|1484180060|4114545 said:
Your new ring is just gorgeous! It looks good too with the various stacks and your excitement is contagious!

Enjoy your new bling and wear in good health!!

Thank you so much MissGotRocks! I am so very excited still! Even Mr Bcat is still "wowing" when he looks at it. (And I do have him to thank, as he is the one who suggested this stone- bless him for knowing me deep down!)

AprilBaby|1484183469|4114562 said:
Congratulations on your beautiful find !!!

Thank you AprilBaby!

bugbear|1484188596|4114594 said:
Love the kitten claws and the kittens! So cute!

We need some cat emoties! Thank you bugbear!

mayday|1484189374|4114596 said:
First time I think I have seen an ering that looks so fab with a VC band, but not in a matchy way - well done, bunnycat!!!! Looooove that fluor!! I'd be out in the sunshine always, checking that wonderful look.

Yes mayday! It's been 4 1/2 years of mistakes trying to coordinate with this band! I think it's finally settled...

poshmommy|1484190332|4114599 said:
It's beautiful! I love it with all the bands. What fun you'll have mixing them all up. Adore the sweet kitties!

Thanks so much poshmommy for you kind words! I will enjoy the thrill of the stack for some time to come! :Up_to_something:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your new ring, your stacks and of course your kitties. They are so adorable!! Congratulations!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

LLJsmom|1484195621|4114617 said:
Love your new ring, your stacks and of course your kitties. They are so adorable!! Congratulations!!

Thank you so kindly LLJsmom! Kitties are a constant source of joy (and occasionally frustration).... but mostly joy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful diamond, rings and very cute kitties.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

marcy|1484199059|4114627 said:
Beautiful diamond, rings and very cute kitties.

Thank you so much marcy!

And thank you to everyone for the fond welcome back! It feels nice to feel like liking jewelry again! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results