shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC in CVB antique halo setting

Boom

Shiny_Rock
A few years ago, I purchased 2 OECs from OWD. They were set in 8 prong studs but were not very comfortable.
I had them reset by Steven Kirsch in leverbacks and they were absolutely stunning but they didn't hang well because of the way my ears are pierced. So again I didn't wear them.

Towards the end of last year, I decided to trade the stones in for a single, larger OEC. Adam and I worked it out and I am the proud owner of a 3.50ct K VS1 OEC.

I knew I wanted Caysie to make the setting for me after seeing all the fabulous rings she made for PSers.
I have to say she is the most collaborative of the designers I've worked with. She really listened to my requests and incorporated them if she felt they would work with the setting. She must have been swamped with work before Christmas but she promptly answered every email I sent.

I really liked the Rendezvous setting that Caysie had made before but I felt it was a bit top heavy. Also, I wanted round diamonds in the halo. Caysie slimmed the setting down and added round diamonds with bars to emphasize the octagonal shape. I kept the quatrefoil motif to go with the VCA Alhambra pieces that I wear often. I just couldn't resist the Alexandria eternity band so I had her make one in my size as well.

I am absolutely thrilled with the ring. It gives great finger coverage and the OEC is amazing as well. I can now understand why PSers rave about OECs with high crowns. I find myself mesmerized by the amazing colors the stone throws off.

I think I've rambled on too much. I wish I could take beautiful pics like m-2-b does, but here are my best attempts.

This one is taken by Caysie
lyl12_0.jpg

My own close up
lyl4_1.jpg

Please ignore the red specks... :oops:
lyl11_1.jpg

With the Alexandria band
lyl2_0.jpg

Showing off the frenchies
lyl3_0.jpg

With VCA pave diamond Alhambra bracelet
lyl7_0.jpg

Hand shot
lyl10_1.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Family pic
lyl9_0.jpg
J cushion, FY radiant, H asscher, K OEC

Just to add a bit more color to the thread, this is my spinel ring by WF that SK converted into a pendant a couple of years ago.
My very first piece of jewelry that I bought myself years ago had 6 little diamonds which I had him add to the chain.
I couldn't quite carry off the double halo in a ring, but the pendant is perfect!
lyl6_0.jpg
lyl8_0.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blimey!! This is just drool heaven!! :love:

More hand shots & profile pics!!

retroglam

Rough_Rock
A round stone in an octagonal halo is my dream setting! Just beautiful. And my knees are still weak from your family shot....

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Alex T -
I will try but I'm a horrible photographer.
I wish I could do the ring justice!

retroglam -
I am really loving the octagonal halo too. I think it goes really well with the OEC.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
You have an amazing collection!!! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous new addition!!! It reminds me of the beautiful Sebastian Barier pieces. The ring looks amazing on you. Caysie did a great job.

You have such a beautiful collection of diamond rings as well as the droolworthy spinel suite. Please post a lot more pics :appl:
Who are the designers of your rings? Each of them is stunning.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE!!!! :love: :love: :love: Goodness, that is gorgeous!! I love everything Caysie does. You have just made me have a revelation about the clovers, though!!!!! Now I am going to have to get that band because I love Alhambra, too! :lol: All of your pieces are fabulous!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is beautiful and the OEC is TDF. Congrats, just PERFECT :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Beautiful - both stone and setting!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is stunning- enjoy and wear her in good health!!

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats all of your rings are stunning!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi Boom- your entire collection is awe-inspiring and your newest addition is stunning! Love the finger coverage! How will you decide which beautiful ring to wear every day? :love:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new ring/stone and drool worthy collection :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for starting this thread on your latest CVB masterpiece, Boom! :appl: I love the intricate details on your setting that fit in perfectly with the character of your OEC! :love:

There's so much delicious eye candy in this thread and your pics are gorgeous as well!!! :lickout: You've got quite a wide variety of stones now (OEC, cushion, asscher, yellow radiant, spinels, etc...)--call me jealous! And your collection of fabulous VCA pieces are TDF! :love: :love: :love:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
i wanted to make a really bad pun about how your collection makes me fall on the floor- dead- BOOM

Then i thought it was corny.

Then i did it anyways.

...All that said :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: WHAT a collection to die for!!! congrats on your new piece!!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
star sparkle -
Thank you. You have some gorgeous pieces that I'm drooling over, especially the OEC and star sapphire with unique halos.

Acinom -
My collection is nothing compared to yours but thank you!
Your sapphire is my absolute dream stone.

The cushion is in the original Casablanca by SK, the FY is also by SK (I bought it set), the asscher is in a Leon (made more than 10 years ago) and of course the OEC in a CVBID.

diamondseeker2006 -
I am a big fan of Caysie's work too! In fact, I have something else in the works...
The Alexandria band really goes well with the Alhambra and I don't know if you can see in the photo, but there is one tiny clover in the gallery of the ring.

bright ice -
Thank you!
Your Giselle solitaire is amazing too! An emerald cut like yours and DS2006's is something I hope to add to my collection!

JoCoJenn -
Thank you, fellow CVB fan!

Crystal Dreams, Bsmom, kmarla -
Thank you!

mol42 -
Thank you! I actually don't wear any rings most days. Only when I leave the house.
Currently, the OEC is my favorite!

m-2-b -
I second guess myself when deciding on settings but with this OEC, I knew exactly what I wanted from the start and it turned our perfect!
My pics are amateur compared to yours. I wish I could take ones like yours that show each facet and detail so clearly.
I visit your threads often just to drool.

dollyanjuli -
LOL! You are funny!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom, your new OEC CVB ring is gorgeous. :love:

That OEC is amazing. Wow.. :love:
And Caysie created a beautiful setting for her. :love:

I love your "family" photos. :love:

Wear all your beautiful bling in health and happiness. :appl:

ETA: Sorry for a quick thread jack...Bright Ice, I emailed you yesterday and it is time sensitive.

Boom, sorry for the mini thread jack. Now I will continue drooling over your beautiful OEC ring. Truly gorgeous in every way. :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom - :lickout: droooool.....just wow! I absolutely love all of your pieces!! I am especially enamored by the OEC in the octagonal halo, as well :love: I've also had the EXACT same thought about the Alexandria band and the clovers/VCA clovers which is why the YG version is on my list to go with my carnelian! I'll get it at some point I'm sure :Up_to_something:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom: "Thank you! I actually don't wear any rings most days. Only when I leave the house.
Currently, the OEC is my favorite!"

You and I have something else in common! :lol: I guess we just like to collect beautiful jewels!

Yes, I can barely see the little clover in the gallery of the ring! It is fantastic with your wg pave Alhambra bracelet!!!

pearlane

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!! The setting goes perfectly with it. That family shot is certainly TDF! :love: :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting and OEC! Your ring looks absolutely fabulous on!

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is fabulous. I love :love: :love: Caysie's work. Your entire collection is fabulous!!! Thank you for sharing.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Any chance for more photos? :love:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
missy -
Thank you.
Getting a larger OEC really opened my eyes to the beauty of old cut diamonds.

ac117 -
I really wanted the YG Alexandria band (I think the diamonds pop more) but 95% of my jewelry is in WG or platinum so I chose WG this time. But Caysie has so many gorgeous bands, I'd love to add a YG eternity in another style.
I hope you get yours soon!

DS2006 -
I took a close up of the clover in the gallery which is my favorite part of the ring.
lyl15_1.jpg

arkieb1, pearlane, kathley -
Thank you!

Queenie60 -
I adore Caysie's creations too! I was so looking forward to ear shots of your pear earrings, I hope you get them really soon!

Begonia - Thank you for asking. Here's a few more pics.
lyl14.jpg

lyl16.jpg

lyl18.jpg

lyl17_2.jpg

lyl21.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaaah!!! That gallery detailing is just stunning :love:
I love it when diamonds and settings look great from every angle. Your ring is such a great example of that.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
This is so darn beautiful!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom, so beautiful. What is it with K, VS1 OECs from Adam. Does he patent them somehow and they just come out so beautiful??

Love it with Caysie's band too. A gorgeous set. Congratulations!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the OEC, setting and its friends!! Super envious of the family pic, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results