shape
carat
color
clarity

WF semi-custom knife edge w/ ACA!

Lore

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I wanted to start off by thanking m-2-b for her tips on how to make adjustments to the WF knife-edge ring to be more "Tiffany-like." I gave the following instructions to WF and they did a fantastic job with it!
Semi-custom 1121
-- platinum 900 with iridium alloy
-- softened knife edge
-- claw prongs
-- set stone at medium height

I received the ring, proposed, and wanted to share some photos of it (now that she's said "yes" it's much easier to take photos of the ring in plain sight :)

The diamond is a 1.277 D color VVS1.

_38803_0.jpg
side_59.jpg
narrow.jpg
_38802_0.jpg
img_6900_0.jpg

Enjoy!

edit - took out the logo as per rules.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring turned out beautifully - the D color is stunning and the ring style classic and timeless!

Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous diamond and ring!!! Do you have any handshots to share as well?

Congrats in your engagement!

Lore

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'll try to get some hand shots; she's not one for showing off :)

Oops, that should have said VVS2 not VVS1! My bad.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Such a lovely classic setting and what a gorgeous stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect ring! :love: You did very well!!! Congratulations! :appl:

P

PierreBear

Congrats to you and your lady! The ring turned out beautifully. Yes, we hope to see some hand shots soon. Also, do you mind sharing the width of the band? Enjoy for years to come!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! :love: Congratulations! May we see hand shots please?

Lore

Rough_Rock
PierreBear said:
Congrats to you and your lady! The ring turned out beautifully. Yes, we hope to see some hand shots soon. Also, do you mind sharing the width of the band? Enjoy for years to come!

Let me see if I can get real measurements. Need to convince her to take off the ring first :)

The band is thin - about 2 mm thick all around . It varies in height as you can see the ring is "taller" where the diamond is mounted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lore

Rough_Rock
Alright folks, some measurements. The ring is a size 6.25 but it does vary in thickness depending on what part of the ring you're measuring. I'm probably going to use the wrong terms to describe dimensions so please bear with me. This is the reference picture and terminology that I am using:
heightwidthsize.jpg

The width of the band itself, that is, if you were to measure how much it extends from your palm to your knuckle, starts at about 1mm at the bottom of the ring and goes up to about 2mm at the top. The donut is even a bit wider, but I'm only talking about the band itself.

The height of the band, i.e. the part of the band that isn't where the finger goes, is about 1.5mm at the bottom and increases to about 2.8mm at the top.

img_6912.jpg
img_6910.jpg
img_6909.jpg

Hope these images help!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! I'd love to see it on her hand :love:

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
It's lovely! And you are so thoughtful in making sure it will be comfortable!

It's a great ring!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely stunning! She's going to be thrilled! :love: :appl:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great and is probably quite the sparkler. Congratulations!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Congrats!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great, Lore! :appl: Your ACA is so icy white and the setting is just fabulous! :love: So glad you found inspiration from my ring! Please come back and indulge us with handshots from your fiance! :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Lore, thanks for taking the time to share the measurements along with the pictures! Very helpful. You are so detailed so I can only imagine your careful planning for the proposal. : )

Love the handshots and the fire coming out of the stone! Congratulations again! Does your fiance know what what type of wedding band she will wear with it?

Lore

Rough_Rock
Haha, the proposal was one thing I didn't plan appropriately :) haven't figured out which wedding band but it'll probably be a simple 2mm band with small diamonds all around. Suggestions are welcome!

Here's another shot!

img_6941_0.jpg

chamomiletea

Rough_Rock
Stunning! It looks super sparkly as well and perfect on her hand. Congratulations to you both!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks absolutely stunning on her!! :appl: congrats!

Lore

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! The diamond looks stunning in almost all conditions - I really hope I picked a good one.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!.. :love: Job well done!... :appl:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and classic ring :love: Congratulations on your engagement!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: Congratulations on your engagement!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And such a beautiful diamond & setting - they look right at home on your lady's lovely hand!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement.

Lore

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

How often do you clean your diamond rings? I noticed that her ring gets quite smudgy with daily use. Do smudges impact how it shine?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lore, preferably you should be cleaning diamond rings daily. Nothing is worse than a gorgeous diamond when it is dirty. When dirt, oil, soap scum, etc. are allowed to accumulate, diamonds are known grease magnets, it becomes very hard to next to impossible to clean the ring anymore even professionally, certain parts of the setting especially the underside and the pavilion of the diamond are very hard to reach and even the strongest professional cleaning equipment will sometimes not be able to dislodge the dirt that was allowed to build up for years.

Prevention is key here, the sooner you start the better. No matter how good the diamond is, it will not show if it was not properly cleaned during the years. Anyhow, it takes only a couple of days for a beautiful diamond to lose light performance when dirty. It is like it was no point buying a top diamond, you may as well have gotten a dud then. You will find many threads here on cleaning.

Get a good home ultrasonic equipment, they outperform other cleaning methods for the home, some are quite inexpensive. As long as the diamond is cleaned often, no need for a super pricey machine. While on vacations, take a soft toothbrush and Jar dish soap. The toothbrush cannot reach all areas, especially on the pavilion but will do while away. This is what I always do. Otherwise, the rings go in the ultrasonic daily. Earrings, necklaces ditto because while they are exposed less, perfumes, cosmetics, make up are deposited on them. If you forget one day or are tired, ok but try to do it at least every couple of days. You will never regret it. Your will keep your ring looking like new. Just think if you get an expensive car, you clean it too, clothes everything else also. Why not with jewelry?

Congrats.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results