shape
carat
color
clarity

Do I choose this 5ct fluorescence cushion or no fluor.

liloette

Rough_Rock
I'm on the hunt for a true antique cushion between 4 and 5cts and nothing below a K. I want a soft pillow square outline, not elongated. I did find a 5.46 L that striked my interest until I read about the medium Fluorescence.
This is new info for me. It has specs that I like but worried that would bother me. I haven't seen thousands of diamonds until now what I like when I'm able to see in person. Would the Fluorescence make the diamond appear to be white?
I'm not a perriwinkel type either... both on my finger or in the garden :)
I like my diamonds juicy, blocky and yes, yummy.
Here are some photos of the one with Fluorescence. Would I even notice this or am I just being silly?

https://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/Client-Folders-/Album-for-AbZ/

This is the inspiration ring

img_14223.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like this facet pattern then yes, get it and see how you like the colour in person. It seems to meet your requirements which isn't that easy in a stone of that size that is also a true antique. The medium fluorescence could be useful although it seems from most of the discussions that fluoro doesn't actually do a lot outside of really strong UV conditions.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had a lot of prejudice about the fluorescence, and if I am sincere, I still avoid it in modern round brilliant cuts. But I have 2 antique old mine cushions, both with Medium and Strong blue fluorescence, and I want to ensure you, that these stones are one of the most scintillating old cut diamonds that I've ever seen! One of my OMC stones is L color, and because of the medium blue fluorescence, it looks 2-3 colors up, especially under direct sunlight. Literally, I adore my old cut stones with fluorescence!
I can see my diamond's blue fluorescence only under special UV light tool. Without a tool (UV flash light), I can never tell if these diamonds have or don't have fluorescence.
In my opinion, the fluorescence shouldn't be a choice factor. Each of the old cut diamonds is somehow unique, the importance is how much do you like the diamond performance and which diamond do you feel like "your unique diamond"!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LOVE fluorescence!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Medium fluoro a non-issue, as far as I am concerned. I'd prefer fluorescence if all else is equal, but always buy the diamond based on cut and other specs that you are after. That particular diamond has a huge table and doesn't look totally symmetrical to me. I think you can do much better as far as cut. I'd ask Grace to hunt for one for you. She has found some great ones. I wouldn't settle on the cut.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Love fluorescence in diamonds...so much more personality in the stone...extremely RARE for it to cause any milkiness or cloudiness. I would choose fl over no fl. in a heart beat.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I agree. I have a G with medium fluorescence and I doubt the stone could appear whiter or clearer. No over blue at all. I am interested in a K stone and wish it had medium to strong fluorescence. I'd prefer it over a stone with none

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer stones with fluor but unfortunately the cushion that fit the bill for me had none (but hit every other mark I wanted).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a fan of fluorescence.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results