shape
carat
color
clarity

My circuitous VCA route to diamond studs!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Happy 2017!

I wanted to share a couple bling items I recently acquired. The photos are below if you wish to skip the story on how I got to them.

I dipped my toe into Van Cleef last year with a pair of MOP sweet studs (the gateway drug!!!) purchased in Paris. The prices were very attractive given the strong dollar; gosh I wish I had made my most recent purchase then! As many have noted, VCA is addictive, and I started planning my next purchase. I ended up getting the Alhambra pendant in MOP this spring and the combination of studs/pendant have been in heavy rotation since.
I had a milestone birthday this summer and marked it with the Socrate BTF ring. This ring is like art! It is exquisitely made and is probably my most eye catching VCA piece. Because it's pretty blingy, I don't wear it as often, but I don't save it for rainy days and evening wear either, (because if I did so, I'd never get any mileage out of it and it's really important to me to wear what I have!)
I then eyed the pave Frivole earrings. I made several trips to VCA, trying on practically half the items in the store and even took my friends to get their opinions. On one of my research visits, I tried the letterwood motif necklace on a whim and was really surprised at how much it spoke to me. I was planning on getting an onyx 10 motif sometime in the future but discovered that the letterwood with rose gold looked better against my skin tone. VCA's rose gold is sooooo beautiful, so close to yellow gold but slightly pink. Yummy!!!
At this time, I am still hoping to get the letterwood magic pendant in the future so that I can have the versatility in wearing it multiple ways (10 motif alone as necklace, 10 motif with magic motif, 10 motif as bracelet, magic worn long, magic worn short, possibly magic motif on the 10 motif as bracelet??? --ah, but that might get a bit much!)
At the same time that I was trying to decide between the letterwood necklace vs the Frivole earrings, DH suggested that we re-home my orinigal ER 1.7ct MRB to an earring and get another 1.7 MRB to complete a diamond stud pair!!!! :appl: I have always wanted to do this but didn't think I would be able to do it now. Can you believe I've never had a pair of diamond studs? What kind of Pricescoper am I??? Apparently a "shiny rock" :wink2:
So anyways, I couldn't turn that offer down and decided that I would get much more mileage out of studs; as beautiful as the Frivole earrings are they are a bit too blingy for my daily lifestyle. (Course if someone gifted me the Frivole, I wouldn't kick them out of bed!!!)

Ok, DH just glanced over and remarked that I'm writing a novel, so I guess I better make it a "picture book" and move on to the photos.
Thanks for reading this novel if you made it this far!

Pic 1- letterwood 10 motif
Pic 2- 10 motif with magic motif
Pic 3- 10 motif as bracelet with magic worn with double chain
Pic 4- comparison of letterwood, onyx, MOP

img_4694.png

img_14420.jpg

img_14421.jpg

img_14422.jpg

mol42

Shiny_Rock
And a couple pics of the diamond studs:

img_4714.png

img_4715.png

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the new pieces of bling!

The rose gold and letter wood combination looks really good on you. I like it more than onyx+YG.

I think you made the right choice going with diamond studs. They are so classic and a must have.
The frivole earrings are beautiful (I love mine!) but I've found they are more of a special occasion pair for me.

Enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mol42, I really, really love the letterwood. I also tried on the 10 motif recently, and I love how there is so much visual texture to the piece. I prefer it to the onyx. It's a beautiful piece.

And studs are such a great idea. A staple. You will get a ton of wear out of them. They are perfect.

And I love all the modeling shots of the letterwood. It's great to see how it looks on and layered with other pieces. It's so cool with the magic too!

And I should have asked for earshots too. 1.7x2 are big studs! Congratulations!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of your pieces look fantastic on you! :love: And there are so many combinations that you can wear together for different looks! :cheeky:

I think it was an ingenious idea to have your original ER diamond repurposed into a diamond stud pair as well! :appl:

Wear them all in good health, mol! :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Beautiful, necklace and studs (and 1.7ct each for first pair of studs is awesome!!). :love: :love: :love:

I know what you mean about VCA rose gold, it's so soft and romantic!!

I love what you're planning to do with various pieces and the combos shown.

Wear them all in great health and happiness. :appl:

(Are you still planning to get the Frivole pave earrings at some point in the future? They're so gorgeous! And, you simply must wear your beautiful Socrate ring all the time! :naughty: :lol: lol).

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
All the pieces are lovely, but love the letterwood on you the most!!! :appl:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection! How busy you have been!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful pieces with lots of versatility!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces!!! They all look great on you but I really like how the letterwood compliments your skin tone! :love: Thank you for the comparison shots...super helpful! ::)

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi
Boom- thank you and I appreciate hearing your perspective on the Frivole earrings. They are quite the statement piece! I would love to see an action shot- I never tire of seeing them! :wavey:

LLJsmom- thank you and congratulations on your vintage Alhambra pendants!! The MOP goes with everything and is easy to layer. And of course the malachite is swoonworthy!!! :love:
I'm adding an ear shots as requested. (Please ignore the strands of hair that insisted on photobombing the shot!)

Phoenix-- thank you and I think you are a great VCA enabler!! lol I mean that in the nicest way! I am not planning on the Frivoles in the future. I am thinking about filling a handbag void next. Ah- the H god is calling me :Up_to_something:

ringcat-thank you so much!! :wavey:

poshmommy thank you! Yes I have been busy and now I'm just planning to sit back, practice some "mindfulness" and enjoy my pieces.

tyty333- thank you! I agree there are so many ways to mix and match VCA!

ac117- thanks so much! In the end, it was how warm and complimentary the stone and rose gold were that won out! Glad to help with the comparison! :wavey:

img_14423.jpg

img_14424.jpg

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pieces. Love them all. I too am addicted to VCA!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great VCA selections. I love all of the options. And the studs! :love: Be still my heart. They are gorgeous and look fabulous on you.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mol42, I love the letterwood with RG combo, it looks perfect with your skin tone! Silly question, is the magic alhambra pendant removable from the chain? How were you able to hang the magic pendant on the 10 motif necklace? Love the new diamond studs too! :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mol,

Oh no, you're not getting addicted to Hermes too?!! :o

Lol! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect idea to make your diamond into a pair of studs! That is a fabulous size! :appl:

Of course, I love everything Alhambra, so I adore your new pieces! :love: To me, they are the most wearable pieces from VCA as they can go casual or dressy!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
kimber418 thanks so much! VCA has so many beautiful pieces-- what are your favorites?

mary popping love your name! Thank you for the sweet compliments!

CareBear- hi! Th magic motif is removable from its chain, but you can only attach it to the 10 motif at the clasp location (because you can't get it past the vintage motifs.) So, if you look closely, it hangs right at the clasp. In the wild, it'll probably shift to one side of the clasp, and therefore hang slightly off center. But I think it's such a unique look!!
I've tried other combinations like adding two 10s (in different stones even), 10+ 5, 10+5+magic motif, but I love :love: this combo the best!!

Phoenix Alas, just like many other addictions, the Hermes one is a relapsing and remitting illness; lol- I fear a relapse is coming my way, though I'm trying my best to fight it!!!! :wavey:

diamondseeker -thank you so much!! I agree on Alhambra's versatility and wearability. I can't remember where I read it or heard it, but the Alhambra (esp in MOP) is like a current day strand of pearls. I'm sure I lost the original eloquence through my paraphrasing, but you get the idea!! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I can definitely see the MOP as a substitute for pearls!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results