Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah because providing healthcare and birth control to women who are unable to afford it is a terrible thing. This is so sad.

Everything you said Kenny is so true. I swear Republican's won't be happy until they send us back to the 1950's.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By all means we should keep it especially if you subscribe to the PP founder's view - Margaret Sanger. It is population control for those that should not be breeding anyway.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the US people should respond the way the French people would: with a general strike. We should just shut down everything. Not just the government. The entire country. For whatever day Paul Ryan says he will hold this vote.

Deb/AGBF

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You want it privately fund it.
This and a lot of other things should not be government funded.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1483664400|4112793 said:

... like churches, via their sacred tax-exempt non-profit status?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1483662764|4112781 said:
Yeah because providing healthcare and birth control to women who are unable to afford it is a terrible thing. This is so sad.

Everything you said Kenny is so true. I swear Republican's won't be happy until they send us back to the 1950's.
At least we were respected by the whole world back then.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now the rest of the world thinks we are insane for electing Trump. Everyone but Russia. They are thrilled.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1483664931|4112798 said:
And now the rest of the world thinks we are insane for electing Trump. Everyone but Russia. They are thrilled.

Russia knows in 4 years the Trump will ensure that Russia is the lone and dominant superpower.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1483664991|4112800 said:

Russia knows in 4 years the Trump will ensure that Russia is the lone and dominant superpower.

You are reading my mind Kenny.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1483663428|4112787 said:
By all means we should keep it especially if you subscribe to the PP founder's view - Margaret Sanger. It is population control for those that should not be breeding anyway.

I don't know of one PP that offers eugenics on their list of services.

Sanger represented many of the people of her time:

http://time.com/4081760/margaret-sanger-history-eugenics/

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1483664692|4112795 said:

... like churches, via their sacred tax-exempt non-profit status?
yes exactly.
PP is a non profit 501(c)(3).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know, saying stuff like that is so free market! so, a lot of poor women get together on Shark Tank? It's government funded because one way or another we support people, that is the way it is.. Name me one country that is successful in supply side econonics? Name one libertarian country that works?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1483665339|4112804 said:

They don't offer it as a service - the very existence and daily operations are fulfilling the plan.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1483664991|4112800 said:

In 4yrs???.. :whistle: Russia rise to dominant superpower ever since Obama became POTUS.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am supporting Planned parenthood now. First it was the ACLU, now it is Planned Parenthood. I seem to be spending more and more money on these causes since Trump got elected. I used to spread my money around more. But don't worry, I still gave to the Connecticut Food Pantry. And I will never pass by a Salvation Army bucket without putting in a $10.00 bill. Those bell ringers are saints. I wish I could give it all to the homeless and the poor, though, and not have to fight for people's rights anymore. (Although one could argue it is also a right not to be homeless and hungry.)

AGBF

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1483665905|4112809 said:

They don't offer it as a service - the very existence and daily operations are fulfilling the plan.

Prove it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1483666579|4112819 said:

Prove it.

These guys seem to think so.

http://blackgenocide.org/planned.html

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:rolleyes:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1483667225|4112823 said:

Well at least we can agree on a response to each other's ridiculous posts.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1483666152|4112814 said:
I am supporting Planned parenthood now. First it was the ACLU, now it is Planned Parenthood. I seem to be spending more and more money on these causes since Trump got elected. I used to spread my money around more. But don't worry, I still gave to the Connecticut Food Pantry. And I will never pass by a Salvation Army bucket without putting in a $10.00 bill. Those bell ringers are saints. I wish I could give it all to the homeless and the poor, though, and not have to fight for people's rights anymore. (Although one could argue it is also a right not to be homeless and hungry.)

AGBF
That is good. :}
btw we do have some causes in common.
I just don't talk about it much because I consider it private.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King accepted The PPFA Margaret Sanger award in 1966 and praised the work that she did work Margaret Sanger did for the benefit of the African-American community, red. The site you found saying that Planned parenthood engaged in genocide appears to be some forlorn website belonging to an unknown and hard to find people.

Deb :read:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Margaret Sanger. Mendel. Nazis. I forget who the rest of those moldering corpses are, who keep getting mentioned in any discussion of Planned Parenthood. Or abortion. Who gives a sh.

So what if it is breeding control??! It's people voluntarily controlling their own "breeding." As far as I know, all women who go there for birth control or for abortions are there voluntarily. The P. P. clientele might be top-heavy in lower income clients, but as with many medical services, like it or not, there are private or upscale facilities that the well-heeled go to and other facilities that exist to serve the public. All of this "defund Planned Parenthood" movement is utter nonsense. The abortion issue was settled in 1973. IF any Planned Parenthood locations were actually "illegally selling baby parts," the law needs to prosecute the specific people at specific locations and specific businesses or institutions that were operating in violation of law(s). They can't prosecute the entire Planned Parenthood organization. But they'll sure try, won't they.

But on the other hand, perhaps Planned Parenthood would be wiser to not accept any federal funding, reinvent itself, tell the force-birthers to go to Hades, let the other agencies and the churches deal with the poor and pro-life, and go right on accepting private insurance and cash and credit card payments for abortions. This is all a big huge flap about nothing. Some women want to end their pregnancies? Who cares. I sure don't. It's their business, not mine. I'm not the moral police, and I don't object to my tax dollars going to pay for abortions, so I sure don't mind them going to pay for non-abortion services provided by Planned Parenthood. This country just keeps getting increasingly more hick about abortion.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for the righties.

More unwanted babies to grow up to be executed.
A Win Win for the righties!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Prove it.
We don't have to, Miss Sanger has done that for us, in her own words.

This woman has read her books and gives references for all quotes.
https://gerardnadal.com/2009/12/30/margaret-sanger-in-her-own-words/

I'll post a few for those who won't read the entire set. I think these sum things up nicely.

“Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.”

Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922. Page 12.

“Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need … We must prevent multiplication of this bad stock.”

Margaret Sanger, April 1933 Birth Control Review.

“The campaign for birth control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical with the final aims of eugenics.”

Margaret Sanger. “The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda.” Birth Control Review, October 1921, page 5

“The third group [of society] are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequences of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped.”

Margaret Sanger. Speech quoted in Birth Control: What It Is, How It Works, What It Will Do. The Proceedings of the First American Birth Control Conference. Held at the Hotel Plaza, New York City, November 11-12, 1921. Published by the Birth Control Review, Gothic Press, pages 172 and 174.

What a gal.

And for the cherry on top, an article on her speaking engagement at a Klu Klux Klan rally. Now really, WHY would anyone who isn't trying to exterminate the African American race and who isn't pushing white supremacy, have anything to do with a group whose entire agenda is towards that very purpose?

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/planned-parenthood-founder-spoke-at-ku-klux-klan-rally/

Here's another of her thoughts on African Americans from this article.
“In all fish and reptiles where there is no great brain development, there is also no conscious sexual control. The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets.”

Red put it quite aptly. I'll repeat it.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

What Ellen and Red stated was the prevalent thinking in the 30's. We, in the US practiced Eugenics on feeble-minded people just as the Nazis did. We sterilized them. By the way this was brought up at the Neurenberg trials in response to the accusation that Nazis were the only ones who did this.

As I tried to say in another post, PP has evolved over time. The attitudes were from the times they lived in. But, Margaret Sanger smuggled birth control devises into the country when it was illegal to have them here. She was still a champion, even if not perfect.

Ellen, How is your boy? I hope well.

Annette

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1483792588|4113245 said:

Prove it.
We don't have to, Miss Sanger has done that for us, in her own words.

This woman has read her books and gives references for all quotes.
https://gerardnadal.com/2009/12/30/margaret-sanger-in-her-own-words/

I'll post a few for those who won't read the entire set. I think these sum things up nicely.

“Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.”

Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922. Page 12.

“Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need … We must prevent multiplication of this bad stock.”

Margaret Sanger, April 1933 Birth Control Review.

“The campaign for birth control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical with the final aims of eugenics.”

Margaret Sanger. “The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda.” Birth Control Review, October 1921, page 5

“The third group [of society] are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequences of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped.”

Margaret Sanger. Speech quoted in Birth Control: What It Is, How It Works, What It Will Do. The Proceedings of the First American Birth Control Conference. Held at the Hotel Plaza, New York City, November 11-12, 1921. Published by the Birth Control Review, Gothic Press, pages 172 and 174.

What a gal.

And for the cherry on top, an article on her speaking engagement at a Klu Klux Klan rally. Now really, WHY would anyone who isn't trying to exterminate the African American race and who isn't pushing white supremacy, have anything to do with a group whose entire agenda is towards that very purpose?

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/planned-parenthood-founder-spoke-at-ku-klux-klan-rally/

Here's another of her thoughts on African Americans from this article.
“In all fish and reptiles where there is no great brain development, there is also no conscious sexual control. The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets.”

Red put it quite aptly. I'll repeat it.

I don't understand your post, sorry, are you saying that people who use birth control are practicing eugenics? 8)

Are German people today Nazis because their great and parents were nazis? Do they want to exterminate jews today?

I don't understand why people are so against Planned Parenthood, the organization does so much good for poor people.

The world has changed since Margaret Sanger first introduced family planning.

This fact check is very interesting reading

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/11/cains-false-attack-on-planned-parenthood/

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What? do you mean BC or abortion?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm not understanding where this thread is going. It's not 1930!!!! Abortion is legal. People use birth control because they don't want and can't afford a child. Many young girls go to Planned Parenhood for birth control. Would you rather have these young girls getting pregnant and having children they are in not in a position to support and are not ready emotionally to have? We all saw first hand how well abstinence works out, remember Bristol Palin???? She was paid over $250,000 for her talks on abstinence and she could not manage to keep herself from getting pregnant again. Once young people begin having sex they are not going to stop and it ridiculous to think they will. SMDH

Planned Parenthod does a lot of good.

Call me crazy, but don't you think the republicans have more pressing matters to worry about? It makes me sick that this is what they are focusing on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results