shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your princess cut eternity band

Beeby

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of resetting my engagement ring. I am setting the big stone as a solitaire. I will have 14 princess cut 33 pointers ( 4.3 carets) left over and I am trying to decide what to do with them.

I think if I purchase maybe just one more stone I can make an eternity band. I would wear it alone or as a RHR.

Are princesses used in eternity bands very much? Pros and cons? I would prefer round brillents and plan on asking my jeweler if I can trade them out. Not sure if this is an option. They are on vacation until Jan 11.

Does anyone have a princess eternity? Pics?

I did find this one and think it is pretty

Any other ideas ?????

Thanks!!

img_24.png

img_25.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds exciting! Here is my full princess eternity set in platinum. It was originally in a shared prong setting, as per the first picture. Besides being quite spikey & uncomfortable, particularly if worn alone, it went off round 4 times in less than 4 years. My friend reset it for me into the channel setting & I LOVE it. Much more comfy, no drill holes in the back to trap dirt, extremely strong & as beautiful today as the day it was reset, despite 24/7 wear.

img_20141217_091249021_hdr.jpg

img_20150115_3.jpg

img_20160902_141635497_1.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1483731869|4113030 said:
Sounds exciting! Here is my full princess eternity set in platinum. It was originally in a shared prong setting, as per the first picture. Besides being quite spikey & uncomfortable, particularly if worn alone, it went off round 4 times in less than 4 years. My friend reset it for me into the channel setting & I LOVE it. Much more comfy, no drill holes in the back to trap dirt, extremely strong & as beautiful today as the day it was reset, despite 24/7 wear.

Very beautiful Alex! For the record, and it's just my opinion, I LOVE princess stones in a channel setting, rather than shared prong - I just love how the diamonds go right up to the metal and fill all the space with wall to wall bling. On the other hand, I love round brilliants in a shared prong, but not in a channel setting (because of the space between the diamonds and the metal).

One of my favorite bands ever on here was a channel set princess with milgrain on the metal - it was stunning, but that was years ago. Let me see if I can go find it...I'll be back.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
violet3|1483734388|4113049 said:
This was the ring I was thinking of - Tacori Ering's beautiful wedding band. I love the channel set with the pretty milgrain on the edges - so feminine.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-wedding-bands.48746/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-wedding-bands.48746/[/URL]

Thank you :wavey: I was NEVER a channel setting kind of girl before I had mine reset. And it was really all down to my friend, who basically said 'Alex, you wear your rings 24/7, you are hard on your hands & a bit rubbish at cleaning your diamonds, so let me just make a ring that will work for you" :lol:

I love TacoriErings set. The detail is beautiful.

Beeby

Rough_Rock
Violet thank you for finding that photo. My aversion to channel setting them would be because I don't like the way you see so much metal and they don't sparkle as much. But set with milgrain you don't seem to notice the metal as much. I wonder if it would work with bigger diamonds.

My course of action will be to one ask my jeweler whom I've have had a relationship for 22 years if he might possibly swap out the value of the princesses for rounds and make a shared prong round eternity band. That's what I really want I don't know what he'll say.

If I can't trade out I will have to figure out how to use the princess stones

I'm afraid with the size of the stones the channel set eternity will be big and clumsy.

Does anyone have a shared prong princess eternity band?

Beeby

Rough_Rock
Very pretty Alex! May I ask how big are your stones in your channel set band?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beeby|1483735263|4113056 said:
Violet thank you for finding that photo. My aversion to channel setting them would be because I don't like the way you see so much metal and they don't sparkle as much. But set with milgrain you don't seem to notice the metal as much. I wonder if it would work with bigger diamonds.

My course of action will be to one ask my jeweler whom I've have had a relationship for 22 years if he might possibly swap out the value of the princesses for rounds and make a shared prong round eternity band. That's what I really want I don't know what he'll say.

If I can't trade out I will have to figure out how to use the princess stones

I'm afraid with the size of the stones the channel set eternity will be big and clumsy.

Does anyone have a shared prong princess eternity band?

I generally agree about channel settings - I just happen to love hers because of the milgrain. :love:

Honestly, if you can get rounds, I'd do that. I wear a shared prong round as my engagement ring, and the look is timeless. Nothing looks as good in a shared prong as a round, in my opinion. If you have to pay a little extra, I'd do it, because otherwise it's could annoy you forever. Plus, isn't your center stone a round brilliant?

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beeby|1483735381|4113058 said:
Very pretty Alex! May I ask how big are your stones in your channel set band?

Thank you! I have no idea how big each diamond is, but not big. They are 3mm in diameter & are certified at 1.75 ctw.

I agree about swapping for rounds if you want to prong set. I love a timeless round cut eternity - the Tiffany half is on my wish list :love: Princesses just lend themselves better for a channel. My OCD likes that!

Beeby

Rough_Rock
I never thought of it but it must be my OCD that doesn't like the prongs on the princess stones!!!!!

My jeweler is out on vacay until Jan 11 so I will just have to agonize/obsess about it until then :wall:

Thanks for the replies. Please let me know if anyone has any other ideas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results