shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Asscher ring by CVB Inspired Design

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
DS, this is just so exquisite!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

I kept going back to Caysie's Instagram pics to look at both the stone and then the gorgeous ring... it just draws me in and I can't get enough!!! It's truly stunning and as usual, Caysie executed it perfectly. It fits wonderfully with your collection- classically elegant and beautiful. And I so admire your desire to have two lovely rings to pass on to your daughters; they will be hard pressed now which to choose!!! Enjoy and wear in the best of health!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. Forgot to say that I ADORE the tab prongs. 8)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pictures DS! It does look comparable to the AVR although a bit larger I think. How are you ever going to decide which to wear?

It is beautiful though and I hope you enjoy it immensely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks greg, JDDN, Begonia, ihy, LateBloomer, and MGR!

I guess I will have to alternate to give them equal time! I do love both stones...they are so different from each other!

LateBloomer...I will be assigning the rings to the daughters because I don't want any arguments about it! I know you must be enjoying your gorgeous AVR ring!

JDDN...I am glad you like the tab prongs! We debated about that and originally did the CADs with double claws. But I kept coming back to the original design, and almost all asscher rings from that time period had tabs. So I took the chance, and thankfully, Caysie's bench did a wonderful job with them! (Do you have something new yet? :naughty: )

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I think the tabs are sleek and true to your inspired ring and they look fantastic ::) .

Yes....I do have something new to share :) . I need to get my act together and take some photos of said piece so I can post a thread!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new ring! That asscher is fantastic. I absolutely love the shape. I can't believe it's a K!! Looks fabulous. And I agree that your setting is much nicer than the inspiration. What fantastically lucky daughters you have!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DS, you have wonderful insight that result in gorgeous jewellery. :love: And you wear it well. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I love love love this ring - it's substantial enough and yet still very elegant and not flashy. I think it suits your personality (from what I "know" of you on this forum), if I may say that. It doesn't compete with your AVR, rather it's an alternate to your AVR and a beautiful addition to your classy and exquisite bling collection. :love: :love: :love:

Wear it in great health and happiness!! :appl:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
your new ring is spectacular. The diamond is beautiful and the setting is just perfect. Enjoy this and your other gorgeous ring!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I can't believe it's a K. I can't see any tint whatsoever! Just beautiful!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1483063361|4110562 said:
Well I think the tabs are sleek and true to your inspired ring and they look fantastic ::) .

Yes....I do have something new to share :) . I need to get my act together and take some photos of said piece so I can post a thread!!

Come on JDDN! I've been patiently waiting for hand shots! :love: Sorry to thread-jack (you started it DS :lol: ). I also keep coming back to this thread to drool over your incredible ring! You must be so happy :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1483063361|4110562 said:

Awesome! Yes you do! I'll be watching!!!

poshmommy said:
I love your new ring! That asscher is fantastic. I absolutely love the shape. I can't believe it's a K!! Looks fabulous. And I agree that your setting is much nicer than the inspiration. What fantastically lucky daughters you have!

Hi! :wavey: Thanks so much! I was amazed that the color isn't too different than the I AVR! The right setting makes a big difference, though. I know you must be enjoying your fabulous new ring!!! :love:

canuk-gal said:
HI:

DS, you have wonderful insight that result in gorgeous jewellery. :love: And you wear it well. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon! :wavey: I haven't seen you around much lately...hope all is well with you! Thanks for your kind words!

Phoenix said:
DS, I love love love this ring - it's substantial enough and yet still very elegant and not flashy. I think it suits your personality (from what I "know" of you on this forum), if I may say that. It doesn't compete with your AVR, rather it's an alternate to your AVR and a beautiful addition to your classy and exquisite bling collection. :love: :love: :love:

Wear it in great health and happiness!! :appl:

Great to see you, too, Phoenix! It means a lot to me that my bling sisters with excellent taste like my new ring! I can't believe it's K color, either!

Lookinagain said:
your new ring is spectacular. The diamond is beautiful and the setting is just perfect. Enjoy this and your other gorgeous ring!

Thank you!!!

Bonfire said:
Come on JDDN! I've been patiently waiting for hand shots! :love: Sorry to thread-jack (you started it DS :lol: ). I also keep coming back to this thread to drool over your incredible ring! You must be so happy :appl:

I agree, she needs to get on the ball and post her own thread! :lol: Thank you again!!! Yes, I am so pleased with how this turned out! It's funny that I never have settled on a new setting for the AVR, but this one was so much easier to decide!

****For anyone interested, I posted a couple of pics showing the AVR with the asscher ring on page 2 of this thread.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DS, just throwing out that I am up for adoption. I know i have also made this offer to phoenix because I want to inherit all her VCA pieces, but seriously- I'm available. I cook (sort of), clean (...my jewelry), and will just tell you all day how awesome you are and how impeccable your taste is :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Jokes aside (although FYI Im not joking) You REALLY make me want a step cut. Will have to add this to my bucket list , in case that adoption thing doesnt work out :dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1483073458|4110630 said:
DS, just throwing out that I am up for adoption. I know i have also made this offer to phoenix because I want to inherit all her VCA pieces, but seriously- I'm available. I cook (sort of), clean (...my jewelry), and will just tell you all day how awesome you are and how impeccable your taste is :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Jokes aside (although FYI Im not joking) You REALLY make me want a step cut. Will have to add this to my bucket list , in case that adoption thing doesnt work out :dance:

I take that as a great compliment, Dolly! I have two daughters and the older one is married with two little girls who love sparkly things, so I have a big order to fill just to have enough for them! I already have a cleaning person, but the cook part might tempt me! :lol: So I will keep that in mind!

I love step cuts, too. I already had a small asscher and was looking at emerald cuts and antique cushions for my other diamond. But my real love was for the antique elongated asschers but they are rare to find. I was very fortunate to end up with this one.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, wonderfully executed setting.
Just so pretty!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is absolutely stunning :love: :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, your diamond is fabulous and your ring is gorgeous. I love it. :love: :love: :love:

Marcy

mol42

Shiny_Rock
DS- congratulations on your new ring. It is absolutely beautiful and clearly "meant to be" yours!

Just out of curiosity- how will you decide which daughter gets which ring? Have they each gravititated to one over another or is it a "personality" match equation? I apologize if I am being intrusive but it's a fascinating topic to me. I once read how Marilyn Vos Savant suggested heirlooms to be divided between 2 children (it may have even been jewelry between 2 daughters) and I thought it was interesting.

Any way you look at it, it is gorgeous! Enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another CVB beauty! Its just lovely Diamondseeker!

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
Swoon. This might just be my favorite asscher ring to date. :love: So feminine yet bold at the same time.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring! Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much marypoppins(accidentally missed you on the last page), Rfisher, kmarla, marcy, mol42, tyty, blushpeony, and LawmaLlama!

mol42 said:
DS- congratulations on your new ring. It is absolutely beautiful and clearly "meant to be" yours!

Just out of curiosity- how will you decide which daughter gets which ring? Have they each gravititated to one over another or is it a "personality" match equation? I apologize if I am being intrusive but it's a fascinating topic to me. I once read how Marilyn Vos Savant suggested heirlooms to be divided between 2 children (it may have even been jewelry between 2 daughters) and I thought it was interesting.

Any way you look at it, it is gorgeous! Enjoy!

I kind of felt the first one (AVR) would go to the older daughter. The younger daughter absolutely adores asschers, so that is why I plan for that one to be for her. I am not writing anything in stone at this point, because I could always change diamonds or get something new that would cause me to rearrange (although I do not foresee the asscher ring ever going anywhere). I do get their input, but they both seem to like all my rings, so it won't be too hard to decide. One factor is that the younger daughter has slightly smaller fingers, so sizing may be a factor on some rings.

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
oh this is the most beautiful asscher ring i have ever seen!!! so lovely!!! and looks perfect on you! :love: :love: :love:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you found such a beautiful antique asscher diamondseeker and that you found a gorgeous setting to compliment it. And it's funny the things that go through your mind. I know, by some of your posts on the subject, that this beauty will be kept clean and that the diamond will stay looking gorgeous - just like the photos captured by Caysie.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chiming in late, but boy oh boy! That ring is absolutely perfect! The stone couldn't be more gorgeous, and Caysie created another masterpiece! I just love it!! Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, lynahs, Polished, and yenny!!!

Haha, polished, I do like my diamonds to look their best, so yes, I try to give them a dip in the old jewelry cleaner as needed!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, Congrats! ... that is a gorgeous ring :!: I can't believe it is a K SI1 stone.. :o

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about this ring! Your taste is so elegant. :love: :love:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, that stone is magnificent! I would have never guessed a K SI1 :shock: The ring looks absolutely perfect on you!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DS it's absolutely beautiful!!!! Wowza! I love it so much!!! The tab prongs are gorgeous and I love the french cut side stones. CVB did a really great job. Welcome to the K SI1 step cut club ;-) You're going to love it, hehe :) Your stone faces up almost the same as mine (mine's pretty spready so it faces up more than a 2.52 typically would). Mine is 8.70 x 7.63. I sometimes think of resetting mine in into a more simple setting but I do adore my SB setting. Enjoy your new beauty and keep taking more pics, we won't get sick of them, I promise!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results