shape
carat
color
clarity

4 carat custom cut Canera European Round in an Emilya halo

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Re: 4 carat custom cut Canera European Round in an Emilya ha

How about a couple of pictures with the furbeast and furbabies? The 2 boys were unwilling models. The girl wanted to play.

_38738.jpg

_38739.jpg

_38740.jpg

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Last one for now!

_38741.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have no words right now. This is amazing. Love your little girl kitty, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is absolutely incredibly GORGEOUS!!!!! :love: It turned out perfectly!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Victor did a beautiful job on both stone, setting, and band!

I look forward to seeing your pendant and future projects, too!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is beautiful and thank you for sharing your journey with us! Clearly some bumps along the way but the outcome is outstanding! Enjoy your new ring!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wowwweee! :clap:

Stunning ring! Thank you for sharing the details and pictures of your interesting adventure. It looks like your gorgeous ring was worth the wait. Beautiful stone and I love the Emilya setting. :love:

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock

I am beyond words! Your finished ring is gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to get any work done if I had that on my finger. LOL.

Thanks for sharing your whole experience with us. I think it's important to know those details so those who are involved in a project with the vendor won't feel so alone and the advice you gave is really helpful!

Post more pictures!! Please... :love:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you all for your kind comments! I am loving the ring so far! Here are a few snow pictures. Still no sunlight.

ring_in_snow.jpg

snow_profile.jpg

snow_crown.jpg

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous ring!! :love: I loved reading about the process too! :appl:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This stone is awesome and looks fantastic in the setting!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

poshmommy|1482618239|4109440 said:
How about a couple of pictures with the furbeast and furbabies? The 2 boys were unwilling models. The girl wanted to play.

Poshmommy- what an incredibly exciting journey to this ring! It's amazing! And I just want to hug each of those cutie patooties! Adorable!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my, how did I miss this beauty! Gorgeous! Love your furbabies too...no matter how disinterested in jewelry they
appear to be! :))

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock

UMMM HOW did I entirely miss this thread until now?? I know - you started it the very day I flew out out of town for the holidays! I've been checking the old thread for updates ever since! lol

Seriously, this stone came out absolutely stunning. I don't know if you're color-correcting the images or not, but I would never guess that stone was a J - it must be a very high J. I love the real life perspective shots!!!

It's really nice to have your journey laid out in such detail - thank you! We have our request in to GOG, but still have not been offered any options - I'm hoping they'll get some potentials in their upcoming mid-January batch of rough.

Any word on the timeline for your pendant? The stone's been with SK for a few weeks now, right?

I'm so glad everything worked out for you in the end - it sounds like VC took care of you. I agree with you about the contracts moving forward. We won't have one - just the typical work order. But I was surprised by how loose the process seems to be! We wire them thousands of dollars with just a work order outlining our desired specs??!? Seems crazy! SO grateful it's an option though. :)

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Your stone and Emilya turned out sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing the process and journey with us! All your photos are great, especially the ones with your fur babies and fur beast. ::) Do you know any of the details about your ring- specifically, the different melee pointer sizes used and the shank, halo, etc. width in mm? Thank you!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its a beautiful stone and I think the setting is perfect for it. Great snow / diamond ice pics.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

dazzlerazzle|1484243189|4114761 said:
UMMM HOW did I entirely miss this thread until now?? I know - you started it the very day I flew out out of town for the holidays! I've been checking the old thread for updates ever since! lol

Seriously, this stone came out absolutely stunning. I don't know if you're color-correcting the images or not, but I would never guess that stone was a J - it must be a very high J. I love the real life perspective shots!!!

It's really nice to have your journey laid out in such detail - thank you! We have our request in to GOG, but still have not been offered any options - I'm hoping they'll get some potentials in their upcoming mid-January batch of rough.

Any word on the timeline for your pendant? The stone's been with SK for a few weeks now, right?

I'm so glad everything worked out for you in the end - it sounds like VC took care of you. I agree with you about the contracts moving forward. We won't have one - just the typical work order. But I was surprised by how loose the process seems to be! We wire them thousands of dollars with just a work order outlining our desired specs??!? Seems crazy! SO grateful it's an option though. :)

Thank you dazzlerazzle!
I wouldn't even know where to start to color correct images! In real life, the stone is very white. In fact the only time I really see any tint is in pictures. I told one of my color sensitive friends the stats the other day and she was shocked! No one in this area seems to have seen stones like this before. It's funny to watch some of the reactions to it.

I looked at the work orders the day the single cut vs full cut melee discussion started up. It was so crazy to me that the setting work order was so detailed yet we don't really remember signing off on a work order for the stone. All I can find is a receipt with just a weight and cut on it...no color or clarity range. It's a bit mind boggling.

Hopefully the necklace will be done soon. He estimated 4-5 weeks. He got the stone the week of Christmas. I know the holidays set us back a bit though.

I'm so excited for your journey to start! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Fingers crossed for the perfect rough to be in the next batch!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Skhii|1484246675|4114777 said:
Your stone and Emilya turned out sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing the process and journey with us! All your photos are great, especially the ones with your fur babies and fur beast. ::) Do you know any of the details about your ring- specifically, the different melee pointer sizes used and the shank, halo, etc. width in mm? Thank you!

Thank you! I wish I could take some of the great close ups that people on here are able to do. Maybe there will be some sunlight this weekend finally.

I actually know shockingly little about the setting. I loved Frankie's ring from 2012. I referenced that ring for Victor and told him to stay as close to that as he could. I meant to ask the appraiser we used a few weeks ago to take some measurements, but I was under a lot of pressure to get it insured and it slipped my mind. I'll see if he will measure it for me when I take in the SK necklace for evaluation.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

Poshmommy interesting story about the process of rough to diamond and beautiful ring! Enjoy it each time you see it! :appl:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow and double Wow and triple Wow!!
Another stunning piece I missed when it was first posted. :love: :love: :love:
It's just sooooo gorgeous!!! The faceting of your HUGE stone and the dainty halo is true perfection!!
Enjoy it!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much for chronicling your journey.....I'm not sure how I managed to miss your post until today! I still haven't found the time to post about my new 1.95ct I CER from Victor. :) Upgrading (size) is not out of the question for my stone journey, so being able to read through yours helps for future consideration.

Your ring is just fabulous!!!! :)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

WOW. Just WOW. What a beauty You have :appl: :appl: . The stone is, of course, perfect. And setting suits it just right. Well done. Enjoy!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

Poshmommy, your collection is beautiful!! Just gorgeous! And that REC ring, YUGE!!! I love your asscher ring, too! Congrats on a great collection and a wonderful hubby!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poshmommy, would you mind sharing the name of your appraiser if you are happy with their services? I am also in the DFW area and had someone I liked but he retired a few years back. I haven't found anyone I've liked as much since. Thank you!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

kgizo|1485186222|4118514 said:
Poshmommy, would you mind sharing the name of your appraiser if you are happy with their services? I am also in the DFW area and had someone I liked but he retired a few years back. I haven't found anyone I've liked as much since. Thank you!

Absolutely! I used Steve Jarvis. He is by the galleria. Office was easier to get to than I thought it would be. The office personnel were very nice. I was able to sit in on the appraisal and ask questions while he worked. I initially contacted his office via his website and told them that I needed to get in as soon as possible since I needed to get insurance on the ring and wouldn't wear it until it was insured. His office immediately contacted me back and gave me several options. When I went in I also brought the paperwork for my original set I was wearing in case he had time to check it too. He made time to save me another trip. I told him about the issues we were having with JM and he offered to contact them on our behalf. He had the paperwork back to me within 2 days. Very kind and efficient. Hope that helped you!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you very much, poshmommy. I try to avoid the DNT as I live far north DFW, but will brave it to meet Steve Jarvis. I really appreciate you responding.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock

This is one of my favorite stones - ever on PS. And I've been here for ages.

Congrats from another Texas girl - it's absolutely stunning.

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock

You have a jaw dropping diamond on your finger, poshmommy! Beautiful! Congrats!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

STUNNING European round!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Love the cutting on it and the new stone you've selected for a pendant. Thank you for sharing the process with us.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just reading this for the first time. I would never have guessed a J color! What color and size are the halo stones and if different, the stones on the band itself? I don't know if I would have the guts to take on a custom cut project like you did, but yours turned out absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness someone else posted on this so it bumped up to the top of the forum--so I could see it! Very fun story to read, and MY, that ring!! Easily one of the most gorgeous pieces I've ever seen!

Any sunshine over in the Lone Star State yet? (Hint hint: more pictures? ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results