carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, we spent a long weekend at Beaver Creek, Colorado one time and we were asking someone in one of the shops how they stay open in the winter with all the snow. It’s like a recessed village you walk down to; they have heated sidewalks so all the snow and ice drain away. But it’s still going to be cold out there in the winter. That’s nice your sandwich machine works so well. I make Marcy McMuffins sometime and I think they are way better than what I get at fast food. Yeah for getting all the glitter up; if Christmas cards are “crunchy” I usually leave them in the envelope and read them in the envelope. Fabulous idea to make lemon sugar cookies. I bet they are delicious. Do you like them thick or thin? I like the soft, thick sugar cookies. Good deal you were able to do one stop shopping for Charlie. I think a nice vacation sounds perfect for Christmas. Good idea to use your Best Buy money to get Charlie some headphones. My TV points haven’t cleared yet but I am hoping to have enough money to get a 4K Blu Ray or 2.

Dee Jay, I will get with Missy and if it’s okay with her I’ll just email both of you so you can exchange info. That would be fun to meet up with her and maybe go diamond window shopping. Marty thinks the rolls will be okay so hopefully they work. They don’t taste awful just not what I’d expect. I think with a meal it wouldn’t be as noticeable. I rarely add salt so I would maybe notice it more than a salt person. That was a quick trip to run to the boat house but definitely a good preventative measure to get the heat turned on. That is sure a nice thing about big cities – inadequate food and or service won’t survive. That is the norm for small towns like ours. If you do get a foot of snow I bet your friends from Austin will want to order room service. That is nice to pass on some of your clothes to CB’s daughter. I need to clean out some stuff but so far I am not finding that motivation. That’s nice you are having a relaxing Sunday. Hopefully you’ll get that picture for us.

Thank you guys for the words about that baby. I had a hard time falling asleep last night thinking about it. I know it must be so heartbreaking for their families.

I was going to make my mini cheesecakes today but I couldn’t find my can of sweetened condensed milk and when I did finally find it I’d already put the cream cheese back in the frig and I’d have to leave it out at room temperature again.

I did keep busy last night and today though. I finished my Christmas cards. Sadly my glue stick was all dried out so I licked 60 some envelopes but oh well I got them finished.

I wrapped some presents, worked on laundry and went shopping.

I was rather surprised the post office was open when I went in there this morning about 9:15 and there wasn’t anyone in line. I picked up some greeting cards. I love that our post office has a nice selection of greeting cards.

Then I went to Kmart (I prefer that store over Target because it’s never busy) and when I came back out an hour later it was snowing.

Marty went to Denver today to help his sister and he ran in to ice about 60 miles from here. I hope the roads are dry to come home.

Last night I dropped Marty off for poker and came home and there was some guy in a pickup out front of our house. I pulled in the garage, shut the door immediately and came in the house putting the alarm on stay. I go in to the den and kind of look out and sure enough he is coming up to the house. I don’t know the truck and he doesn’t look familiar in the dark. So I pick up the phone figuring he’ll ring the bell and I can talk to him on the phone doorbell to see who he is and what he wants. But no - he opens the screen door (mental note start locking that thing) and knocks on the door. So I turn off the alarm and open the door and it’s some guy looking for the poker game. I don’t know his name but he comes sometimes with another guy. I let him know it’s at this other guys house and he says thanks and leaves. Scared the crap out of me though. Marty told me I can call the doorbell with our phone and talk to them but I didn’t remember that.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, as a former smoker, I remember the days of having to go outside in the rain and/or snow for a smoke. God, how I don't miss those days! I get however, why you didn't want to be out there with a neighbor who might tackle you. I don't miss the days of pulling into my parking space in the condo garage and praying I made it into the building without being tackled by anyone. Nope, don't miss those days one teeny, tiny bit.

They showed the snow in Chicago on national news tonight, so yep, it's cold and snowing up there. We wore shorts and t-shirts to the mall this afternoon. I found a nice long sleeve, lightweight Henley at Tommy Bahama for Charlie in a nice celery green color (one of his fav colors), so I bought it, but nothing else really. Then we sat outside Starbucks and had coffee, before heading to the grocery store. I grilled steaks outside, with fresh white corn on the cob and Charlie sauteed cabbage, onion and carrots as a side vegetable. We're going to have homemade sugar cookies for desert!

You'll have to let us know if you had to get of your PJ's and go to dinner with your co-worker. I'd opt to go nowhere in the snow. I hope you went with the Apricot Nectar. Sounds yummy!

Yuck to the start of a new week. I've decided to at least think about doing something other than what I'm currently doing. I'm simply burned out as a recruiter. If there was some way we could start a business of our own, I'd really like to. Charlie doesn't want to work hard anymore, so if I found a business, it would pretty much be something I'd have to be willing to take on most of the hard work. It can't involve food or beverage. I'm thinking 2017 is going to lead to a major change. I'm going to look forward to that.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you scared me when you said you opened the door. I'm glad this guy was safe, but please don't do that again. It's a frightening world out there.

I'm sure the loss of that baby will hurt for eternity. If this is out of line, I apologize, but my first thought was why did they choose a midwife? The baby might have made it had the delivery taken place in a hospital. Again, if I'm out of line with that thought, I apologize.

We have a 24 hour a day post office next to the airport. And we live about 10 minutes away from the airport, so it's the PO, we use the most.

I'm wondering if the rolls would work better with unsalted butter? Something you might want to think about.

Good deal getting some wrapping done. I have to go buy some boxes to wrap some gifts. The Rack doesn't offer gift boxes so nothing I bought yesterday can be wrapped. When we moved from the condo to the house, we decided to chuck all the holiday boxes we had in our storage unit. Bad idea for sure. Now, I need to go buy some.

I can't remember the last time I went into a K-Mart? They're not doing well and Sears is likely heading to the land of failed department stores in the not too distant future. K-Mart is owned by Sears and they aren't doing much better. They've closed lots of stores around the country. On the other hand, our Target store is well run and a great place to shop.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, no worries about your thoughts about the midwife. I thought the exact same thing. As I told my sister they will always wonder how things might have been different if they’d been at a hospital. I don’t know if they chose the midwife to save money or for some personal belief.

That is nice to have a post office open all the time.

I was given clear instructions on how to use the phone doorbell so I will know who is out there before I turn off the alarm and open the door. I know it was about as smart as turning off the alarm when it went off at 4 am. I have more guts than brains maybe?

I thought of using unsalted butter as well for our salty rolls; I will probably put that out.

Your dinner sounds fabulous. I think our grilling days are over for a few months. Marty loves clothes from Tommy Bahamas.

We tossed a bunch of stuff too when we moved.

I am very surprised our K-mart is still open; they have definitely seen better days as has Sears. What worries me the most is Lands End is part of that company too and I love their coats. I haven’t bought coats from anyone else for years. I hope the company survives to keep me warm. Our Target is a lot nicer with more things but it’s always busy so I go shopping with the other 12 people in K-mart.

It’s certainly worth exploring ideas and options to start your own business next year. I am hoping out for 20 years with my current company (about 2.5 years away) just to get 4 days off plus an additional week of vacation.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's our tree.

img_13994.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, my coworker and his wife bailed so I happily stayed home in my jammies all day! And I did go for the apricot nectar, but I made the mistake of putting on candy cane chapstick and it just ruined the taste for me so I put some saran wrap over the glass and stuck it in the fridge and I'll drink it tonight.

Curby, your tree looks great! And I probably would have opened the door too to be honest. Then again, I live in a complex that if someone is coming in to murder me if I start screaming there will be 32 other unit owners there in about 10 seconds, so it's probably safer for me to open the door than for you -- be careful!

Yesterday I did a little ebaying -- wow this is dangerous! Then I cleaned up a bit, but you'd never know it, LOL. We're going out to dinner with some friends and their two year old tonight and I'm really hoping we don't come back to my place after because there just a lot of stuff out right now that the little munchkin could get into. Tomorrow night is my department outing, Wednesday is dinner with my best friend from law school and his partner, and Thursday I leave for early "family" x-mas in Missouri with my girlfriends and their parents. Whew. The holidays wear me the hell out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I emailed you Missy’s information – let me know if you don’t get it. Based on the weather report for your area staying home in your pj’s all day yesterday sounds like the best way to spend a snowy day. Rats that your candy cane chap stick didn’t mix well with your apricot nectar. Hopefully we are both safe in our homes. I guess I am not going to give in to fear. I think the most nervous I ever got was walking to my car in a dark parking lot at 10 pm when I was teaching. I usually walked through as many buildings as I could then go out the door closest to my car. You do have a very busy few weeks. Have fun!

Not much going on here today. No snow on the ground but cold and windy. Work was busy so the day zipped by. I met a friend for lunch and came home on time.

I had leftover beef noodle soup for supper. That hit the spot on a chilly night.

Marty has his strength training buddies here again tonight. I sure hate hearing those darned weights hitting the platform down there. Marty built it up and has padding on it but you know me; I am the nervous type. He’s enjoying having company in his gym though.

I lucked out coming home; I was the first car at every light – zoom I was off when that light changed green. Fun for me.

Have a great week.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I don't see an email from you...? I'll send you a message now and you can just reply if that's easier. And just to make sure I'm using the right email, it is the one with the extension to your furry bunny, correct?

Last night we ate dinner at 5:30 (!) to accommodate our friends with the toddler. I gave her a battery operated pig that walks and the snout wiggles. She LOVED it! And who wouldn't?! A walking, snorting hot pink pig -- fantastic, LOL! I should have done some cleaning up when I got home last night but it didn't happen. There's a possibility my best friend from law school might reschedule from tomorrow to next week and I'm really hoping that's the case because I have quite a bit to get done before my trip on Thursday...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dee Jay, I did get your email and answered twice. The second time with Missy's info. If you don't get it I'll text you tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How strange... I got nada... ?!?

I've even looked in my spam folder to make sure it didn't get buried in with all the Enlarge My Pen1s ads, LOL.

Sorry if this turned into a hassle for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem at all Dee Jay. I sent you a text. Hopefully you'll get that. It says delivered anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I didn’t complain to my IT guy about my email not working yet. Marty had a tough day. They (his company) didn’t win their big project and the lack of work or prospects is worrisome. LOL to my email the furry bunny. I was going to give you a hard time that you probably blocked me and that is why you aren’t getting my emails. The walking, talking pink pig sounds fabulous. I remember those little toys that you wind up and they walk or hop; I thought they were quite fun.

I am taking another day off tomorrow. I am using my last use or lose sick day. Next year our company is changing our time off to all vacation days, no more sick days but we still get the same number of days. 40 hours of sick days I didn’t use this year can be grandfathered in for next year so at least I won’t lose that. I need to start planning vacations for next year. Right now I am thinking somewhere warm.

More snow moving in tonight. Phooey. Only 5 to 6 more months of the white stuff and it’ll be summer again. Woo hoo!

Have a fabulous evening and day tomorrow.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey There........it was well just a swell day at work. I found two great candidates for a difficult job, got all their detailed information, they want to be submitted, their salary requirements are well within the right range. So what's wrong with this picture? Both candidates have DUI Convictions, one of them actually had an accident causing harm and then fled the scene. Siiiigggghhhhhh, it took all day to read through literally hundreds of resumes, to call candidate after candidate, to get to the very end and not have a viable candidate because they can't pass a background screen.

At least tonight was nicer. We met a dear friend for Sushi, then she came over to see the house all decorated and have some homemade Christmas cookies. After she left, it was simply beautiful outside with a full moon so we decided to get in the spa for a few minutes.

Tomorrow, I get to leave work early for my annual urology Dr., appointment. It's pretty bad when you're excited to be able to leave work early for a urologist. Ha!

sandnesspeak

Rough_Rock
:dance: :dance:
marcy|1479265136|4099130 said:
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you are doing better today. Back pain is literally such a pain. I used to get horrible stiff necks; a chiropractor finally got all of that back in place for me and told me never to lay down unless I am sleeping. Cured me right up. I used to lay on the bed or couch to read or watch TV.
Thanks for the suggestion, i am in severe Back Pain from last three weeks and someone asked me to not to go to Chiropractor.But Now i can fearlessly go there for treatment.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, your IT guy is clearly slacking on the job! I think you and the Killer Rabbit need to whip him into shape!

Rod, two candidates with DUI, and one that caused harm and fled the scene? Woah. That's crazy. I hope today is better for you!

Last night we had our department outing. I work with SUCH great people!!! Then I went home and bought ONE MORE THING off of ebay and now I'm putting myself on ebay sabbatical!!! My organization cubes are supposed to be delivered today so I am going to get my closet sorted out tonight and put everything away. Tonight was supposed to be dinner with my best friend from law school and his partner but we've rescheduled for next Tuesday. I'm happy about that -- I've got a lot to do before my trip tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sandnesspeak|1481707235|4107105 said:
:dance: :dance:
marcy|1479265136|4099130 said:
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you are doing better today. Back pain is literally such a pain. I used to get horrible stiff necks; a chiropractor finally got all of that back in place for me and told me never to lay down unless I am sleeping. Cured me right up. I used to lay on the bed or couch to read or watch TV.
Thanks for the suggestion, i am in severe Back Pain from last three weeks and someone asked me to not to go to Chiropractor.But Now i can fearlessly go there for treatment.

Sandnesspeak, I have no problems with chiropractors. They have fabulous heating pads that are worth the visit just laying there with them soothing and warming the sore spot(s). I hope you feel better soon.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, wow those 2 candidates sure turned out to be a couple of winners, huh? You would think they’d be up front about things like that. Marty had a guy come in for an interview that claimed he built the database for the Army Guard fiscal office. Funny thing was Marty built it and he knew the guard was still using that system. What are the odds on that happening? I want some of your lemon sugar cookies; they sound so good. Did you see any meteors the other night when you were out in the spa? There is a big meteor shower that was probably best last night but it was cloudy here.

Dee Jay, I still haven’t complained to my IT guy. Maybe I should hide his rabbits and that will get his attention. Have fun with your organization cubes. I know we could get more in our closet but since we still have open space my few little baskets work for now. Good deal your office party was nice and you enjoy the people you work with.

I did enjoy my “sick” day today. I slept in about 45 minutes. Once the cleaning lady got here I was going to go look at cameras but since it was snowing I decided to stay home but Marty offered to take me around and then we could stop and get groceries. I found a Canon we both liked but neither place had one in stock. It was kind of lucky we didn’t buy one though because there is a newer model out for about $100 more so I ordered it tonight. This one takes screw in filters so I ordered a close-up filter set tonight and I can even get a solar filter for it since there is a total solar eclipse next summer. I am all excited for a new camera. I have a nice DSLR but just don’t like lugging all of that around with me. I want one stop photo shooting anymore.

We had light snow all day and it is very cold out there.

I also got a few presents wrapped for Marty; they are just the ones that won’t fit in his stocking. He wasn’t happy to see 5 presents under the tree since we are only doing stocking stuffers after buying the TV. I told him only one present was from me; the rest were from the bears or rabbits.

I made my mini cheesecakes for Christmas and did some laundry. I’ll be glad to go back to work tomorrow and rest.

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm a Nikon guy, but Canon makes great cameras too. I'm into DSLR and have several high quality lenses.

Today simply sucked. I had my urology appointment this afternoon and it didn't go well. Turns out I have a UTI, which has become all too common with me lately. And it's because my prostate is now enlarged to the point I can't empty my bladder fully. I've had an enlarged prostate since I was about 30 and I knew this day would come. In January, I will be having surgery to reduce the size of my prostate and since my PSA is always high, a biopsy. Now I get to worry about this through the holidays.

We have our holiday lunch and secret Santa tomorrow. I'm guessing not much work will be done.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, Nikon definitely makes great cameras. My 35mm SLR was Pentax so that is what I went with for my digital SLR. I already had a lot of Pentax lenses. Sorry you had bad news at the doctor. I hope your infection clears up soon and hate to hear you’ll have to have surgery next year. Have fun tomorrow at your holiday lunch and secret Santa.

We ended up with about 5 inches of snow. My car slid a little bit this morning but came right out of it. We warmed up to about 50 degrees today so most of it melted. Tomorrow they are expecting about 6 inches of snow and plunging temperatures with a high of 2 degrees on Saturday. Winter is definitely upon us.

Work was hectic today but the day zipped by. Marty and I ran back to Target and Walgreens tonight then drove around looking at Christmas lights.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check the temperature lower right. It was chilly coming home.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1481935398.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I left work 30 minutes early and the snow was falling already. My car said 7 degrees on it. We are expecting about 6" of snow, lots of wind and a high temperature tomorrow of 2. Sounds like a GREAT day to stay home.

I might brew up a batch or two of cookies this weekend. I plan on staying home where it's nice and cozy.

Have a great weekend. I hope it's warmer wherever you are than it is here.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2? As in two degrees????????? Uh, no thanks, no way, no how.
The office luncheon yesterday was very nice, but I wasn't feeling well. This infection has been a bad one. By the time I got home, I had a fever, with chills and aches and last night, I had to get up and use the restroom like every 10 minutes. So I figure I had about an hour of sleep.

It was hard going to work today, but I did and I started feeling better this afternoon. I didn't eat that much at the luncheon yesterday, and really hadn't eaten anything until tonight. I decided going for our Friday night sushi wouldn't be good for me. So, I came home and charlie made chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. The perfect comfort food when you don't feel good.

I hope I continue to feel better as the weekend progresses. I'll be happy if I sleep the night through.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, it’s even colder here today. Marty looks like he is ready to go somewhere – I think I’ll PASS. I hate to hear your infection is so bad and you aren’t feeling well. Get better soon! I hope you sleep better tonight. Your comfort food supper sounds perfect; Charlie is taking good care of you. Rest up this weekend.

Not much going on here today. I got out a new cotton tablecloth I bought and let’s say I probably won’t use it again because boy does that sucker need ironed and Marcy and irons usually don’t meet. That’s what I get for buying a cheap tablecloth at Kmart. I’ll look for a nicer plaid tablecloth. Marty did a double take when he came upstairs. I don’t think he approves.

One of Marty’s gym buddies just got here. It’s up to -5 now. At least the sun is out. We didn’t get much snow so with the sun out we’ll get a lot of ice.

I want to plan our Christmas dinner today. Does anyone have a mashed potato recipe that you make ahead and bake?

Have a great weekend.
Curby

screen_shot_2016-12-17_at_0.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Rod, will you please email me your new address? (Or Curby, if you don't mind sending it in case you see this first... ?) And I hope you're feeling better!

Curby, burrrrrr...!!! It's cold here, but not as old as where you are! And LOL on the tablecloth. I actually love to iron but in recent years I've been all about the steamer. That thing is a MIRACLE!

Writing to you from Trenton, MO, where I'm having early early x-mas with my two girlfriends (who are sisters) and their parents and a couple of other folks. These are Such Nice People. I am so lucky to have found an extra family after all these years that took me in, LOL. Yesterday I spent HOURS in the laundry room wrapping packages 'til I was ready to drop. That's my job since no one else likes to wrap, so they save everything until I get here and then they put me in the room with some Christmas music and they bring me a glass of prosecco every now and then. I have to say I got a little creative this year and the packages turned out really nicely! I also brought all my holiday cards with me and I've written out 80 so far... but I left all my stamps at home so now I have to take all the cards back home with me to mail them. ARGH!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I did forward Rod's address to you. I sent it from another email account since my ill tempered bunny one seems to be flaky right now.

Great idea to try the steamer on my tablecloth. Every time I look over at the table I kind of sigh; it's wrinkled, it is so thin you can see through it in certain light and it just plain looks cheap. I guess I got what I paid for on this one anyway.

When we were first married Marty was in the guard and he had me iron his shirt - apparently it wasn't up to military standards so he ironed it again and never asked me to iron shirts for him. That was a win win in my book. :appl:

I am glad you are enjoying Christmas with some friends and their family. That is nice that visiting them has become an annual tradition for you. Too funny they put you on the gift wrapping task but hey at least they provide entertainment and alcohol. What more could you ask for? I love to wrap presents too. I was well know for sticking jingle bells in my packages.

My astronomy club used to gift wrap at Barnes and Noble for donations but no one has cash anymore so we either did it for free or people would tell us sorry I don't have any cash or I'd let you wrap it for me. One guy ran out to his truck and brought in a bag of gifts and had us wrap everything. I don't remember what he gave us but he gave us a nice donation.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm glad you're having a great time with your MO family. I see Marcy sent you our address. I'm guessing it's cold there too?

Marcy, I had to chuckle about your ironing skills. Charlie doesn't let me anywhere near the iron!

I slept last night. Really slept. I'm feeling a bit better today. Sill a bit wiped out from the infection, but certainly better.

Tonight we had our 4-towhnhome holiday get together next door. Our neighbor was born in India, but raised in the US. Still, she cooks very authentic Indian food and she prepared an amazing spread which included all sorts of Indian spiced dips, curried chicken legs, a chicken and currie dish and a really spicy (I mean sweat inducing spicy) lamb dish. It was so so tasty. We simply love our neighbors and feel so incredibly lucky to have them in our lives.

I"m going to wrap gifts tomorrow and we'll likely just go to the grocery store. It was unseasonably warm down here today. Easily in the low 80s. TBH, it's too warm for this time of year. We need some cool weather for the Holiday weekend coming up. But it's not looking like Florida is willing to participate in December, this year.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, I am glad to hear I am not the only one of us who have no pressing need or desire to iron. :bigsmile:

I am very glad to hear you slept well last night and feel a little bit better today. Relax and take it easy today and continue to get better. I hate those things that really take everything out of you. I notice it more the older i get too.

Your holiday get together sounds fun and delicious. It's wonderful to have nice neighbors. At our old house we had really nice people on both sides and across the street. I'd say the neighbors we have here are pretty nice too but I don't know them that well. Marty would have loved all of the Indian food; their flavors and spices are certainly his favorite.

If we could average your temperatures and ours it would be perfect for the holidays. We are going to climb up to about 20 degrees today. I know it is going to be crazy icy though with the snow, cold and sunshine; perfect conditions for slipping and sliding.

I was going to bake candy cane cookies today but Marty wants me to go to the grocery store with him so I'll save that chore for next weekend. I decided to have him make us chicken Alfredo for supper. I will stick to maybe 2 oz max of chicken and take food allergy medicine so hopefully I won't end up with a "foul" reaction. Marty eats so much chicken and I have really been craving it. I'll let you know tomorrow if it was a bad idea.

Have a fabulous Sunday. I week until Christmas! :appl:
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got back from being tortured (aka going to the grocery store on Sunday before Christmas). :lol:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, we just got home for having the spa water tested to make sure the chemicals are balanced and the grocery store. It's in the upper 80s today. That's simply TOO hot for the week before Christmas. I don't want the temps you have, but I wouldn't mind having to wear a light weight jacket for a change.

I slept really well again last night. My body seems to really need the rest. I just want comfort food for dinner, so we bought a big chuck roast and I'm making my mothers tried and true pot roast. It is really yummy.

There's a lighted boat parade tonight. Our next door neighbor asked if we'd like to go. We used to walk to it from the condo, but from here, we'd need to Uber there as parking is very limited. Tbh, I just want a quiet evening at home, so we let him know I'm just not feeling up to it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, do you get your spa checked once a month for the chemicals? Good call!

I am glad to hear you slept well again; that will help you feel better. Comfort food can only help when you are on the mend. Probably a good call to stay home from the boat parade.

Take care and feel better.

My chicken Alfredo was delicious tonight.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results