shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad dog!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids decorated gingerbread men today and, like a total rookie, I left them on the table. Our Rhodesian Ridgeback, Hollis, quietly ate the most heavily decorated one - sprinkles, m&ms, gummies and icing piled high. I was so mad that I opened the back door and demanded he get out. He stood whining by the back door for a bit then got quiet. I looked over and caught him peeking at me through the window like "WTF, mom. Can't you hear me?". :lol:

img_13990.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet face :love: Probably wants to know if you still love him and whether Santa Paws brings toys to cookie stealing pups

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care what he did puppmom. I would have to go outside and kiss that sweet face. How could you possibly resist this little sweetheart!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me get this straight. :think:

You put cookies on the table.
The cookies were eaten and enjoyed.

What's the problem???

Cookies are meant for eating!!!

You owe that handsome lad an apology. And maybe another cookie. :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it funny how they can be so quiet while being so naughty?

It reminds me of a dog we had years ago, 120lb mastiff we were fostering. He literally tried to tunnel his way out of our newly remodeled bathroom through the door, by the time we go home he had just about shredded the entire door. I was so mad I opened the back door and told him to run away, he sat right on the deck waiting for me to let him back in. Which of course I did after five minutes but my husband laughed that he just sat there waiting :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's a smart doggie, he picked the best one lol! I couldn't resist that cute face looking in at me :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
That photo needs a meme! Lol. Too cute! :appl:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I was mostly mad at myself for stupidly leaving the cookies out. :rolleyes: He was back in our good graces in no time and surely did NOT learn his lesson but hopefully I did and will be more careful in the future. He was seriously perplexed by my unreasonable behavior.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppmom|1481552906|4106578 said:
I think I was mostly mad at myself for stupidly leaving the cookies out. :rolleyes: He was back in our good graces in no time and surely did NOT learn his lesson but hopefully I did and will be more careful in the future. He was seriously perplexed by my unreasonable behavior.

Everyone reading this thread has been. ;)) Thanks for sharing. Great story.

Hugs,
Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOLOL made my day. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good dog! He saved someone from gaining weight!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppmom, thought of you when I saw this on FB.

cookie_dog.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL@Matata!

puppmom, I just had to stop in to comment on your pooch. I rarely see or hear of anyone with a RR. That's the last dog we had, for 9 years. Aren't they just wonderful pets? So intelligent. And bad. lol Ours ate a half a chocolate cheesecake I left on the arm of the wicker couch on our breezeway after a party one night. We set it down to open the door and totally forgot about it. I'm sure he thoroughly enjoyed it, just as yours did the cookie. :bigsmile:

Just a FYI, cheesecake gives dogs really bad gas....

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, that is hilarious!

Ellen, I haven't come across many RRs either. They are unique for sure. Hollis is a mischievous, loving, stubborn, scaredy-cat. He's so big and intimidating in appearance that people sometimes cross the street when they see us. If they only knew. :lol:

It's not the first and surely not the last time he outsmarts me. :rolleyes:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppmom|1481596644|4106763 said:
Ellen, I haven't come across many RRs either. They are unique for sure. Hollis is a mischievous, loving, stubborn, scaredy-cat. He's so big and intimidating in appearance that people sometimes cross the street when they see us. If they only knew. :lol:

Competitive dog mom here. I have a BLACK dog who is probably twice the size of your dog (even if it is half fur) and sometimes people mistake him for a bear. Delivery men throw packages over the fence and the visiting nurse, who has been coming for almost a year and knows how sweet he is, still won't pass by him. ;))

Deb

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppmom|1481596644|4106763 said:
Matata, that is hilarious!

It's not the first and surely not the last time he outsmarts me. :rolleyes:
How big is he?

I often joked ours had Robert Wadlow disease, he got way bigger than he should have. I don't remember how tall he got, but he topped out at 135 lbs., well over what he should have. Many mistakenly thought he was a Great Dane.

Deb, funny about the delivery men!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, what kind of dog? Hollis is a sun bather and is often on our front porch sunning. So sometimes we'll go several days with no mail then get our mail wrapped in a rubber band with a note that simply says "Dog". :lol:

Ellen, Hollis is actually small for a male RR. He was the largest in his litter as a pup but topped out at 95lbs. He's always been lean and muscular with the big RR head. I think they're the sweetest looking dogs myself.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Newfoundland. His name is Griffin. In the winter his coat gets very, very thick and he looks like a bear. These pictures do not do justice to how bear-like he can look!

Deb

march202015c.jpg

_38683.jpg

march202015a.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some photos of Newfies who have grown in some winter fur!

_38684.jpg

newfoundlanddogandpuppy.jpg

newfoundlanddogasbear.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing Griffin Deb!

puppmom that is a "Who me?" face for sure. Cute!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppmom|1481637067|4106845 said:
Ellen, Hollis is actually small for a male RR. He was the largest in his litter as a pup but topped out at 95lbs. He's always been lean and muscular with the big RR head. I think they're the sweetest looking dogs myself.
Actually, I'd say he's a fairly good size. All the stats I've seen top males out at 80-90 lbs.

And yes, they are a handsome dog. No one would ever guess they are in the hound group! If I can find a pic I will scan one of our Sam.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good grief Deb, he does look like a bear. I'd throw the packages over the fence too! :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, that meme is too funny! Thanks! :lol:

AGBF, thanks for sharing more photos of Griffin! He looks like such a love!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Griffin is quite a site! What a beautiful animal. He looks like a gentle giant.

ETA - Hollis wouldn't be caught dead in any sort of precipitation. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results