shape
carat
color
clarity

Stunning - and From One of Our Own!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw these and had to share. I've realized that while my love of colored stones continues, it has migrated from rings to earrings, and I need look no further than our own Elle/Frekechild. Mark my words: she is a designer to be reckoned with - definitely is on her way to becoming a well known and respected name in high end jewelry design.

I was just saying to a friend that the word "stunning" is one of the most overused words in jewelry descriptions, but these earrings ARE Stunning!

More photos and the design story here:

https://thegemstoneproject.com/2016/11/07/ombre-du-soleil/

elle_ombre_earrings_pre.jpg

elle_ombre_earrings_2_pre.jpg

elle_ombre_du_soleil_pre.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw these on IG or FB and was swooning over them. They are just incredible!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aren't they? Love the color palette, love the proportions, love the elegance. But I don't want them, or anything. What gives you that idea? :whistle:

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a pair of stunners!!
I love the pairing between the gold and the stones. :love: :love:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love! Just gorgeous! So impressed by this project.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're really amazing!!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Wow :love: Just gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. :love: :love: :love:
These earrings are OMG Gorgeous... Glamorous in every way and the star of any show.

Minous, thank you for sharing them here. Freke (Elle) you do beautiful work and I am in love with these earrings. That is the perfect word to describe them. Stunning. :love:

Ear pic just because no earring thread is complete without one!

earshotelle.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

As always, Elle did a fantastic job! :clap: These came out beautifully. Even though I'm not an orange fan, I can still appreciate the time, effort, thought and skill that went into these. Well done!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: want!! :lickout:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great work Elle! Beautiful earrings!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
These are a work of art! Very nice.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Eye catching and wonderful. Reminds me of gold and sunlight.

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awww!!! I just saw this! Thank you so much for your kind comments, these were very much a labor of love, if you couldn't tell from my long winded blog post.

I was absolutely delighted to find the sapphires. I was getting to a point where I wasn't sure that I would be able to find stones that would have the right gradient from the orange to the yellow, AND match color wise, AND size wise, AND saturation level, AND hold their color. Making it even harder is the fact that there are TWO earrings, so I had to find all of those things PLUS have two of every stone. It turns out that this is no easy task!

I'm considering the idea of a necklace or a ring as well, but it really depends on whether or not I could find more stones. :errrr:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElleW|1478731521|4096034 said:
Awww!!! I just saw this! Thank you so much for your kind comments, these were very much a labor of love, if you couldn't tell from my long winded blog post.

I was absolutely delighted to find the sapphires. I was getting to a point where I wasn't sure that I would be able to find stones that would have the right gradient from the orange to the yellow, AND match color wise, AND size wise, AND saturation level, AND hold their color. Making it even harder is the fact that there are TWO earrings, so I had to find all of those things PLUS have two of every stone. It turns out that this is no easy task!

I'm considering the idea of a necklace or a ring as well, but it really depends on whether or not I could find more stones. :errrr:

I'm still back being amazed by your ability to imagine and design. Your ability to make a design that elevates beautiful stones just blows me away. We see many designs come through here, the vast majority of which do not, imo, make the stones even more beautiful. Your designs are works of art, and yet completely complimentary to the stones. Well done, just wish I had your talent! :appl: :appl:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed! Fabulous project Elle, I saw them on Instagram and although orange doesn't suit me personally I love the design & gemstones used! :love:

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Inspired work....LOVE them....:)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Saw these via her email. So glad you posted.

They're beautiful! And juicy and delicious looking if that makes any sense. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad this thread popped up again so we can ogle some more! So beautiful and elegant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results