shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting conversation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m pretty excited, not only is my bf of over 3.5 years moving to be with me after a year of long distance, he''s also basically announced that he''d have the money for an engagement ring with in the next year! When he decided to move it took me a little while to get over my nerves. I''ve worked on the issues those stemmed from and am now excited to move on. The next conflict came when he announced he wanted to keep his job in DC and commute. I felt that he wasn''t being committed and afraid to move and it just got frustrating. I really didn''t get it and he wasn''t giving me a clear answer as to why...until tonight.

His company is in the process of moving/merging. If he stay through the merge, he''ll recieve a nice bonus. Once the offices are set to move, they''ll offer each employee the opportunity to move with the company. The package if you decline to move is 3 months severence pay with many other perks. All this money would be given in a lump sum and he said when he added it up it sounded like the "perfect amount for some new jewelry" I was like hmmm...the new studs I want? He was like noo....Upgrading my necklace to the one with diamonds? Noo...I was just teasing, I knew what he meant, but I wanted him to say it, and finally he was like "An engagement ring, dork!"
9.gif

I thought we''d have to wait longer, he''s in a tough financial situation paying for his MA/PhD and supporting himself. He''d never hear of me helping out with the costs. I was prepared for the wait, now its just nice to hear that it might not be quite as long as anticipated. I still have a couple issues of where I''d want to be career-wise before we''d make this decision, but its really nice to hear that he''s actually thinking about that as an upcoming expense and keeping it in the back of his mind as something to start saving for. Its one thing to talk about it, but another to plan how you''re going to get the money to make it a reality!

Anyway, that made me happy, had to share
9.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Blue...

I''m so glad the two of you were able to discuss your options and that it sounds like all his plans are considering intentions for your relationship!! It''s amazing what a little open communication will do!! It sounds SO promising!! Congrats!

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Yeah Blue!
36.gif

No one else seems to understand how exciting these developments are quite like the Ladies in Waiting
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful news! And Shay is right I dont think anyone gets it as well as your fellow LIW. It is great that he is planning and saving for your ring. Congrats!
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! That is great news that your b/f is thinking ahead and planning for the ring!! It''s always so reassuring to know that you may not have to wait as long as you thought!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe thanks! You''re all totally right that no one really understands like the rest of the LIW would. I didn''t even bother telling my friends because I try to keep my talk to a minimum so they don''t get too tired of it. Still going to have to wait, but just not quite as long
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Blue!

Glad to know you worked through some of your anxiety. It looks like things are moving in the right direction. Can''t wait to see what type of engagement ring you decide on!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that''s so great ---- first, that your bf may be in a situation to receive a chunk of money, second, that he''s moving to be near you, and third, that he''s thinking about the ring in the near future!!!! Conversations like this can be so vital to keeping your spirits up and your patience going strong...especially when you can see some horizon in the future! So happy for you!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results