carat
color
clarity

Trump Embarrasses Himself and Our Country

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479793438|4101330 said:
Also, it is not ridiculous to send donations to a cause that someone believes in. It's an added benefit for those donations to come with notes that might frustrate someone who is notorious for trying to remove women's rights. You don't have to make donations, but we will happily continue to do so.

No one is telling you where to donate your money.

But how do you frustrate someone who after the first few most likely told his staff to just get rid of them.

And taxpayers pay enough for government. Why would you want to tie up staff with this ridiculous exercise.

Trump could be a great President or fall flat on his face. But why would any sensible person want him to fail? Because that means we as a nation fail as well. And this is not a safe time to do so.

Trump could be a great president? How many great presidents chastise and try to humiliate news sources because he does not like them? Trump tweeting to England that he wants Nigel Farrage as the ambassador (when England already has one). Already there have been discussion about foreign entities wishing to win favor with Trump by investing in his business interests.. Clinton was pilliored because the innuendo was the Clinton foundation took donations from foreign governments or families to gain access to Clinton while Secretary of State.. so now we have Trump who is on track to do the same thing. Trump needs to divest of all us interest while president, that means sell them.. If Trump doesn't do something about his business interests, he's going to spend much of his presidency in court.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/politics/donald-trump-conflict-of-interest.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Ruby, I'm sure you are a nice woman, but I think you are not well informed on the abortion issue. Under no circumstance does the Gov't pay for abortions. Planned parenthood gets no funding for abortions from any Federal, state or local Govt's. It is against the law. Any funding they get for abortions come from other sources. Opposition to planned parenthood comes from the notion that advise is given to women seeking abortion, and Repub. oppose. They may perform abortions, but no Gov't body pays for it.

I'm sure others know more than I.

I deem it a shame that you, Ruby, cannot find one area that you can agree with the opposing side. Is it any wonder we are so divided. Please try to agree with something.

Annette

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479787437|4101296 said:
House Cat|1479786780|4101290 said:
ruby59|1479774296|4101240 said:
Ruby,

Addiction to opiates is a very powerful disease. It is not a choice. When they are overdosing their lives are in danger just like a person having a heart attack. it isn't up to YOU to decide whose life is more valuable, even though you have here...on this thread.

Addicts aren't "ignoring medical advice." They are sick.

Addicts may be sick, but they are not all mentally ill. They have the power to help themselves by checking into rehab. And if they refuse, and there is one ambulance for 2 situations, then I will pick the bread winner, mother and baby every time.
Addiction is classified as a mental illness.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicati...ental-illnesses/drug-addiction-mental-illness

So are you saying that addicts have a mental illness and therefore are a danger to themselves and others?
Danger to the self or others is not what makes a mental illness. That is what makes a mental health crisis. Did you read the link?

Ruby, I will point out that if the addict is overdosing, they are very much a danger to themselves. If the addict is so out of control that they are engaging in risky behaviors in order to score drugs, they are a danger to themselves. If they are taking a near lethal amount of drugs to get high, they are a danger to themselves. Dirty needles, danger. Using drugs that make them dangerous (meth) danger to others. Cooking drugs, danger.

I can go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

I once watched the world's expert on addiction say that when you asked an addict if they wanted to keep using drugs, more than 90% of them answer "no." After addiction sets in, they use to feel normal, not high or good.

Ruby, addiction is a very complicated disease. You really shouldn't reduce people down to the lowest common denominator as often as you do. There is a lot of suffering going on in this world. I don't know...maybe you can't handle seeing it for what it really is and that is why you judge so harshly.

I'll pray for you.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479757748|4101170 said:

There are only a limited amount of resources out there and they need to be used wisely.

We have a similar situation in our home state regarding Narcan.

It is a wonderful tool for those overdosing.

But what about those where medical services have to come out many times a week?

We have only so many rescue trucks in my home state and the different cities try to cover for each other as best as possible

But for those who do not give a damn, what about the family whose bread winner is having a heart attack. Their beloved mother, a stroke. A baby just went into aneflaxic shock.

And the nearest ambulance is somewhere else for the upteenth time dealing with someone who is free to ignore medical advice.

Ruby, I'm in agreement with you about the repeat-OD addicts being a complete waste of time and resources. Let them die. Or let the people who love them continually babysit them and give them the Narcan and tie up all of their time trying to stave off their demise. The odds of overcoming a heroin addiction are slim to none for many of those people. The addicts at one point had the choice of whether or not to use an opiate the first time. Later, they had the mental faculties to suspect an addiction, and a choice to try to stop using and consult the prescribing physician, even if the addiction originated with a legitimately prescribed opiate. But once an addict makes serving his or her addiction his or her primary purpose in life, the addict will use or con or scam or steal from anyone and everyone else. I don't think much priority should be placed on saving a fool's life again and again. Send the ambulance to the bread winner, mother, baby, and anyone else who is worth saving. Addicts can either make it a priority to save themselves, or let the addiction rule them until it kills them. I personally don't care which happens. If the addict doesn't care, it frees me to not care anymore, too. buh-bye.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AdaBeta27|1479832556|4101488 said:
ruby59|1479757748|4101170 said:

There are only a limited amount of resources out there and they need to be used wisely.

We have a similar situation in our home state regarding Narcan.

It is a wonderful tool for those overdosing.

But what about those where medical services have to come out many times a week?

We have only so many rescue trucks in my home state and the different cities try to cover for each other as best as possible

But for those who do not give a damn, what about the family whose bread winner is having a heart attack. Their beloved mother, a stroke. A baby just went into aneflaxic shock.

And the nearest ambulance is somewhere else for the upteenth time dealing with someone who is free to ignore medical advice.

Ruby, I'm in agreement with you about the repeat-OD addicts being a complete waste of time and resources. Let them die. Or let the people who love them continually babysit them and give them the Narcan and tie up all of their time trying to stave off their demise. The odds of overcoming a heroin addiction are slim to none for many of those people. The addicts at one point had the choice of whether or not to use an opiate the first time. Later, they had the mental faculties to suspect an addiction, and a choice to try to stop using and consult the prescribing physician, even if the addiction originated with a legitimately prescribed opiate. But once an addict makes serving his or her addiction his or her primary purpose in life, the addict will use or con or scam or steal from anyone and everyone else. I don't think much priority should be placed on saving a fool's life again and again. Send the ambulance to the bread winner, mother, baby, and anyone else who is worth saving. Addicts can either make it a priority to save themselves, or let the addiction rule them until it kills them. I personally don't care which happens. If the addict doesn't care, it frees me to not care anymore, too. buh-bye.

I'm sorry, but that's a disgusting attitude. Your callousness had appalled me in general, and this is no exception. I'm sorry you feel this way and see the world in such a light. :cry:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1479831055|4101480 said:
Ruby, I will point out that if the addict is overdosing, they are very much a danger to themselves. If the addict is so out of control that they are engaging in risky behaviors in order to score drugs, they are a danger to themselves. If they are taking a near lethal amount of drugs to get high, they are a danger to themselves. Dirty needles, danger. Using drugs that make them dangerous (meth) danger to others. Cooking drugs, danger.

That's exactly the point. I'm quite sure Ruby and I have gotten the picture. I'm not sure that people who do not deal with a town full of this nonsense have gotten the picture of just how much addicts, who are a MINORITY, ruin lives, squander resources, ruin towns and cities, and also might be a credible threat to the safety of ALL OF THE DECENT AND LAW-ABIDING AND NON-WEAKLING PEOPLE around them. And how, when they depart, life improves for the rest of us who were having to alter our lives to accommodate a very selfish and self-serving minority. Why should the majority of decent people have put up with crap from a worthless, weak, and selfish minority? Let them sink. They brought it on themselves. Nobody gets out of this world alive, anyhow. If they want to die sooner rather than later, why stop them. Lifestyle is a choice.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AdaBeta27|1479833572|4101495 said:
House Cat|1479831055|4101480 said:

That's exactly the point. I'm quite sure Ruby and I have gotten the picture. I'm not sure that people who do not deal with a town full of this nonsense have gotten the picture of just how much addicts, who are a MINORITY, ruin lives, squander resources, ruin towns and cities, and also might be a credible threat to the safety of ALL OF THE DECENT AND LAW-ABIDING AND NON-WEAKLING PEOPLE around them. And how, when they depart, life improves for the rest of us who were having to alter our lives to accommodate a very selfish and self-serving minority. Why should the majority of decent people have put up with crap from a worthless, weak, and selfish minority? Let them sink. They brought it on themselves. Nobody gets out of this world alive, anyhow. If they want to die sooner rather than later, why stop them. Lifestyle is a choice.

Are you serious with this BS?? Where do you live that you think you know more about this "nonsense" than the rest of us? And calling them weaklings is ignorant (at best). Once again, I'm sorry you feel this way, but your attitude is disgusting and ignorant of what addiction is and what addicts experience.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I deem it a shame that you, Ruby, cannot find one area that you can agree with the opposing side. Is it any wonder we are so divided. Please try to agree with something.

I do not call people out in threads like others, but one poster made it clear that she only subscribes to left wing newspapers.

So maybe I am not the problem.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

For me it is a bit more than that which I alluded to in a post last night.

In my case

There were 3 calls for an emergency vehicles in my city. One was on a call to a possible overdose. It was only April and they had already been out to that location over 30 times according to the EMT.

The other 2 were possible heart attacks. Now with my brother, he probably passed when he hit the floor. Once they arrived, they put in a shunt and did everything they could, but he did not make it.

By the time a rescue truck from another city got to the second victim, precious moments had passed. He might have been saved if they had not been tied up with that first call.

And yes I know this because we had back to back funerals.

And someone on here told me that yes, he has a right to refuse medical advice.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby and Ada, Do you realize many people get addicted to Painkillers that they have taken exactly the way their doctor prescribes? I can't believe any one sets out to become an addict. I can only imagine how awful it would be to become addicted to any drug and then to get off the drug. Is there any life circumstance the two of you feel is worthy of offering compassion and empathy?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, a month ago my SO suffered a fractured vertebrae, a major spinal injury.
Since then his doctors have had him on TWO types of morphine, a gradual-release (mandatory every 12 hours) and an immediate-release as needed every few hours.

A few days ago my SO finally came home.
But I, understanding the danger, have taken control of his morphine.
I dispense on schedule, (not when he begs for it) just as I witnesses daily in the hospital and in his rehab facility.
You do NOT hand a month's supply of morphine to a user!

While a fantastic human-send for their intended purpose, if care is not taken, opiates can take over and destroy a person's life.
I've lived it ... As a teen I watched opiates take over and contribute to the death of my oldest brother.
He was murdered in prison.
He was sentenced for robbing a pharmacy of opiates.

Yesterday my SO's doctor, understanding the addiction dangers of morphine, switched him to Norco, a narcotic that's somewhat less-addictive than morphine.

Substance addiction can and does happen to good people.
These drugs can be both good and bad.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know which thread to throw this in, so here it goes :)

students.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479834750|4101506 said:

I do not call people out in threads like others, but one poster made it clear that she only subscribes to left wing newspapers.

ruby,

Are you referring to me? If so (and it is hard to tell with you since you quote so erratically), you are mistaken. I said I now (as opposed to in the past) gave only to left wing causes and to food banks except to neighborhood children like those who sold Girl Scout cookies. I read widely.

If you were not referring to me, as Emily Litella used to say on Saturday Night Live, "Never mind". ;))

Deb :read:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479835325|4101508 said:

For me it is a bit more than that which I alluded to in a post last night.

In my case

There were 3 calls for an emergency vehicles in my city. One was on a call to a possible overdose. It was only April and they had already been out to that location over 30 times according to the EMT.

The other 2 were possible heart attacks. Now with my brother, he probably passed when he hit the floor. Once they arrived, they put in a shunt and did everything they could, but he did not make it.

By the time a rescue truck from another city got to the second victim, precious moments had passed. He might have been saved if they had not been tied up with that first call.

And yes I know this because we had back to back funerals.

And someone on here told me that yes, he has a right to refuse medical advice.

Ruby, I am sorry for the loss of your brother. I can see why you might feel the way you do. I can understand why finding someone to blame might make life's tragedies easier to understand and process. In many ways I do that too. It is a very instinctual reflexive response in me. However, in the end. If you can look step back and look at the bigger picture, at some point you need to see if you can contribute to society and promote you ur own healing more effectively by looking at the real problem. Shortage of services.

My grandfather was attacked on public transportation, brutally beaten in the head. He became a vegetable for his remaining 15 years of life. He could do nothing himself, not basic bodily functions. there should have been police on that train. The ambulance should have gotten there sooner. People should not be allowed to wield weapons. What other people were the public servants serving and helping that they could not be there for my grandfather? You see why my going down this train of thought serves no purpose? There aren't enough and there never will be. Being angry and blaming doesn't help. Helping people helps. Having compassion for human frailty helps.

Addiction is a way that people cope. Everybody is addicted to something. Some people are just more fortunate to be addicted to less dangerous substances. I'm addicted running, bad for my joints. If I grew up without parents or parents that weren't there, no access to a good education, crime and abuse being what I see day and night, without people who loved and sacrificed for me, I likely would not be the person I am today. I could be the drug addict. Or alcoholic. Or gambler. Or food addict. People are just human. And the sooner you recognize and accept that services serve people, in all their shortcomings, the better you will be able to move forward in a positive way that improves both your own life and that of others. You do share this planet with everyone, like it or not. Why not work to make it better for all?

walkinfaith

Rough_Rock
ruby59|1479834750|4101506 said:

Perhaps it would be more helpful and conducive to a dialogue if you simply address the specific subject of the comment being directed toward you instead of constantly deflecting to another, often completely unrelated, topic?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind. It won't help, it will probably only add fuel to the fire, and I don't think it will change anyone's mind.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hesitate to even post anything as I doubt it will make a difference but here I go...I have worked with thousands of people suffering with mental health and substance abuse disorders. Both are not a choice. Believe me. Who would chose to destroy their lives and the lives of their families? Most people with substance abuse disorders have a primary mental health diagnosis. Most of my patients have anxiety, mood, or bipolar disorders. Most also have PTSD from various traumas. To refer to someone suffering with addiction or mental health as weak or less then is utterly offensive. Every life matters. For the record, a court has deemed someone as unable to make their healthcare decisions,which is actually very difficult. In the rare cases it happens they have a guardian. I have worked in an inpatient mental health unit. The only higher level was a long-term state facility so we got very ill patients. Few had guardians. Someone in active addition and mental health do not always have the insight to seek help. Worse is they call for help but can't get it because of insurance issues, money, work, childcare, transportation, etc. There are so many barriers to treatment. It is not easy. *Most of my patients want to be well.* They have people who love them and who they love. However, not everyone can cope with life in a healthy way, even with extensive treatment. I think Narcan is an amazing drug and had to be trained to give it. For the first time in the US there are more deaths from PRESCRIPTION medication abuse than car accidents. Millions of Americans are in long-term recovery. Imagine if the world gave up on them before they were able to seek treatment. Education. Prevention. TREATMENT. That's the solution. If you don't know someone who has struggled with mental health/addiction you are lying to yourself. Be part of the solution.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/11/17/502402409/surgeon-general-murthy-wants-america-to-face-up-to-addiction

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1479848256|4101587 said:
FWIW, a month ago my SO suffered a fractured vertebrae, a major spinal injury.
Since then his doctors have had him on TWO types of morphine, a gradual-release (mandatory every 12 hours) and an immediate-release as needed every few hours.

A few days ago my SO finally came home.
But I, understanding the danger, have taken control of his morphine.
I dispense on schedule, (not when he begs for it) just as I witnesses daily in the hospital and in his rehab facility.
You do NOT hand a month's supply of morphine to a user!

While a fantastic human-send for their intended purpose, if care is not taken, opiates can take over and destroy a person's life.
I've lived it ... As a teen I watched opiates take over and contribute to the death of my oldest brother.
He was murdered in prison.
He was sentenced for robbing a pharmacy of opiates.

Yesterday my SO's doctor, understanding the addiction dangers of morphine, switched him to Norco, a narcotic that's somewhat less-addictive than morphine.

Substance addiction can and does happen to good people.
These drugs can be both good and bad.
Kenny, I am so sorry that your SO suffered such a serious injury. I am sending him and you healing thoughts and best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the good wishes. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results