shape
carat
color
clarity

Insight on what I inherited? Pretty ring, worth anything?

mrsbabs

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I was doing a bit of research on a ring I inherited several years ago from my great aunt and didn't find much online, so I thought I'd join this forum to ask for help.

My Great Aunt didn't have any children, and was always dressed to the nines and had lots of nice things. She was a single lady who had several wealthy boyfriends. She had no children, so my grandma inherited all her jewelry. She let my mom, myself, and my sister pick something we wanted and I chose this ring. I have no idea what the background of this ring is, how old it is, or even if the stone is natural. All I have been able to ascertain online is that it may have come from a department store in Brooklyn known as Abraham & Straus. Of course listings online vary in price, so I'm not sure if what I have is even worth anything. I'm not looking to sell, just looking to see if I should keep this in a safer place than just my nightstand drawer!

The filigree is quite intricate, and the stone is very nice. Very clear and sparkly. The ring almost looks brand new. Sorry for the photo quality, I had to take them with my iphone. Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!

The mark says (as far as I can tell): A&S10k

img_6997_2.jpg
img_6994_2.jpg
img_6995_2.jpg
img_6993_2.jpg
img_6992_2.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Insight on what I inherited? Pretty ring, worth anything

I am no expert, but using 10K gold suggests something of relatively low value, probably a semi-precious or even artificial stone. It looks attractive but not terribly expensive. If it is an aquamarine, blue topaz or zircon, it is very pale. A&S was the closest thing to a dead-center, middle-class, mid-price department store, and I miss it very much. My branch is now a poorly maintained Macy's.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Insight on what I inherited? Pretty ring, worth anything

I like the art deco setting! I think it looks like an aquamarine. It's a pretty ring, wear it and enjoy it! :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results