shape
carat
color
clarity

A fast food restaurant you refuse to eat at

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's making me hungry, I could go for some Panera chicken and wild rice soup and a burrito salad from a good Mexican food truck.

I love the wild blueberry scone at Panera, so good for a once in a supermoon treat ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only fast food places I will eat: McD, In and Out, Burger King, Taco Bell.

We only go on road trips. 1 or 2 times a year.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm.

I can usually find something to eat if I have to.

I prefer In And Out for fast food. Or El Pollo Loco.

If I can't get those, I love McD's fries. And their Egg McMuffin.

Sonic has good cheese burgers. And their fries are okay.

Burger King is hard for me. Most of them are nasty and poorly kept up. But if I HAVE to, and the place is clean, I can get an original chicken sandwich. I used to be able to eat their nuggets but they changed them (again) and they taste like they are made from the tears of dying children now.

Taco bell is usually a flat no because I find it skeevy. But if there is NOTHING ELSE I can do their pintos and cheese.

I don't like Carl's Junior or most other ones like Del Taco and haven't eaten at them for decades. And even when I tried them, I didn't like them.

I used to like Jack in the Box but... not anymore. We were stuck somewhere a while back and that was all that was open and I was like, "I used to eat this???". Nope.

Tuck and Fry... not my favorite. But I do like their mashed might-have-been-potatoes-in-another-life and gravy.

Popeyes... I adore their biscuits. They are made with crack. I have to stay away. Their chicken strips are edible, but not a favorite. And I pretty much hate all their sides.

Chick Fil A is a no for politics.

So, that's pretty much it. Oh, and DH loves Five Guys. I'm not a fan but will eat their fries if they aren't too burnt.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burger King is number 1 yuk and chik fil lay is number 2.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't eat at a fast food restaurant locally because if I need something fast, I usually have a bar and my own water. If we're traveling, I look at online reviews and go to a one of the highly reviewed places. Much prefer to support a local small business tied to a community than a huge chain.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1479252712|4099047 said:
msop04|1479252349|4099042 said:
I had a really bad experience at IHOP once... that was enough for me.

For some odd reason I love IHOP. I can't quite explain why, but maybe because they have cinnamon french toast and I love that. Or because breakfast is my favorite meal and they serve it all the time? Not sure. Also, every time I go there (which isn't often) I am excited by all the types of syrups. I hate all of the flavored ones, but the fact that they exist makes me feel like a kid with choices. I think I'm just easily entertained :lol:

I loved it too... until I had a serious food poisoning episode several years ago... I want to love it, but I can't. :(( ::)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carls Jr, most of the time, because of their TV commercials. Once every few years though I will give in to a yearning for deep-fried zucchini.

The only main dishes I'll order at McD's are fish sandwiches and breakfast sandwiches. Their coffee is surprisingly good though, for $1 cuppas.

No to wienerschitzel, Burger King, Del Taco (unless there's no other choice), Chick fil-a, and Long John Silver.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1479252349|4099042 said:
I had a really bad experience at IHOP once... that was enough for me.

It's not my first (or second) choice for breakfast but I'll eat there in a pinch. I actually sought it out back when they still had potato pancakes on the menu. I suspect I'm dating myself there! :lol: Can't say I've ever had a bad experience there though... I'm not sure how much that depends on the local franchise as opposed to corporate practices.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don't:
local Wendy's - Because they served me undercooked, partly raw spicy chicken filet sandwiches on 2 separate occasions. And they don't care. Both times, I was on a timetable and needed to pick up fast food and get back to the workplace. Both times, I had to settle for junk food from the vending machine because my sandwich was unfit to eat. The first time, I filled out their online survey. I called the local store and never got a callback from the manager. Never heard from Wendy's. The second time, I went storming into the store with the raw sandwich and tossed it on their counter and loudly called the manager over to look at it, and made sure that the entire dining room could hear my concern about raw chicken sandwiches from the drive-thru on 2 occasions, and made them refund my money. I don't care who heard what or who of small town America thought I was a crazy b*tch. Wendy's quality has declined overall from what it was say, 10 years ago. Done with Wendy's. Lots of people are fed up with their new fries. Seems that after Wendy's switched to healthy fries, few of their stores can cook them right.

McDonald's -- I don't like their foods overall. The local McDonald's is a poorly designed set-up for either drive-thru or walk-ins. They have 2 lanes of drive-thru and only one pay window. They keep vehicles trapped in that line forever after orders are placed, and people sometimes get fed up and just drive off without their food. Dining room customers risk getting run over by drive-thru customers. I've actually never been inside that McD's. Done with McD's, too.

Five Guys Burgers: Seriously, if I am going to spend $10 or $12 on a meal, it won't be burgers and fries, thanks. Just nope.

Do:
Local Burger King is actually decent, except that they just had had a kitchen fire there the last time I pulled up to order. :lol: Smoke was rolling out of the building.

Taco Bells here are pretty good. New, clean, well-run. Have never had a bad experience there, but I never try new foods. I just order the same stuff as I did in the '80s. :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will drink a Wendy's Tropical Green Tea (brand name allegedly Honest, but who knows?) Otherwise, no fast food for me. didn't used to be the case; I would kill a Taco Bell taco salad or bean burrito (fresco style!) years ago. Even a BK veggie burger a few years back. I work from home again now, 85%of the time, so no need to drive and get a quick lunch.

Fast casual? Sure. Noodles & Company is about it for that category, though. Too many indie restaurants and food trucks here for me to bother with FF or FC. And I know too many restaurateurs and their employees in town to want to give my money to a chain, anyway. Yes, I realize this is a luxury not many have. But get to know the owners of the establishments you frequent, and you will be surprised at what you learn and how much better you're treated.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chik Fil A. I will not give that family a cent of my money due to their disgusting belief system.

I also don't go near Taco Bell because I got food poisoning from them several times in a row. Can't even drive by one without getting sick to my stomach now.

P

PierreBear

We generally don't eat fast food, but we do indulge during road trips. It's easier to list where I would eat though... pizza hut (does that count?), chick fil a, Jimmy Johns, and Popeyes.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chick Fil A, same reason as everyone else.

Kentucky Fried Chicken - I don't eat fast food for the most part, but once in a great while I would crave their chicken strips with ranch dipping sauce, wedges, and biscuit. Their current commercials are creeping me the heck out, and I find them suggestive in a sexist way, so I am all done with them.

McDonald's, although I will get a coffee from them. Burger King. No real reason other than I don't care for fast food and there's nothing at either that is appealing to me.

Panera, Chipotle and D'Angelos are my go-tos if I really need fast food. Love the burgers and fries at Five Guys but I feel like a ten-lb-heavier-walking-heart-attack just walking through the door, so we do that as a family 'treat' like once a year.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

McDonalds. I just don't care for the food. I do like their soft vanilla ice-cream.

I find Chipolte too expensive for what you get. I do love taco bell.

I do like burger king whoppers when I am very hungry.

Not a big fan of fast food. We use a local Chinese rest. and a local Italian rest. for our takeout.

Annette

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My local KFC is great. I don't know why I didn't think of them. But it went from truly awful a few years back (greasy chicken that always had that freezer-taste of rancid fat) to great. Unlike Wendy's, they haven't cheapened the food. The $5 lunch is a good value, but I always get the extra-crispy chicken. I don't know how the other chicken options taste.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1479500761|4100335 said:
part gypsy|1479233382|4098876 said:
I used to LOVE Jimmie johns "Gargantuan" sandwiches. but ever since finding the exec does trophy hunting of endangered animals such as elephant and rhino, cannot stomach eating there. I have a couple friends who feel the same.

http://www.naturalnews.com/055846_Jimmy_Johns_endangered_species_trophy_hunting.html

This is why I refuse to eat there.
I have a variety of reasons why I don't like to patronize him, that's not the highest on the list, but it's on the list. Him and the POS that owns Papa Johns are right up there with Chick Fil A as to why I don't give them my money. I just can't. I had a hard time giving up Jimmy John's bec they will work with Keto but I can't deal with their business practices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results