color
clarity

Play date with Jewels by Grace and Gypsy - PIC OVERLOAD

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1478383997|4094234 said:
That's like every PSers dream day!! :love: :appl:

So many beauties!!! I can't ever have them, either, but I so love the diamond drop earrings with one small and one larger stone. All of it is fabulous, actually!

What's funny is you saying maybe it's your setting that you don't love, but I kept thinking as I looked at all these pics..gosh, LLJsmom's ring is SO pretty and I need to go back and see if she has close-ups of her setting! haha! So if I look and you don't, I'll be asking! And to Missy, I hope you aren't contemplating giving up Bea, because I think she is perfect!

DS, thank you so much. I ❤️ Missy more each day. Sounds silly huh? I am just getting over my issues. Missy is fine. :). (Talking about my OEC. Lol!! I'm just gonna share. Yeah just indulging at this point. Thanks for understanding everyone.

img_13453.jpg

img_13454.jpg

img_13455.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry. I should have enlarged these pics more. Sorry I'm such I newbie that I didn't know how significant this piece is.

I hope these are still clear.

img_13456.jpg

img_13457.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more from today.
1. Just a cool kite/shield cut. I tried to get close enough to show the step cut faceting

2-4. Big carre cut. Cool, modern and has some serious attitude.

img_13458.jpg

img_13459.jpg

img_13460.jpg

img_13462.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 and 2 Cartier I VVS2, over 6 carats
3. Marquise, Cartier and Missy's ring
4. Just dreaming...

img_13465.jpg

img_13466.jpg

img_13467.jpg

img_13468.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478390563|4094289 said:
MissGotRocks|1478389799|4094280 said:
LLJsmom|1478364995|4094106 said:
MissGotRocks|1478354422|4093996 said:
LLJsmom|1478353160|4093990 said:
Btw, if anyone wants a close up of any piece let me know. I'll repost.

NOw that I've had time to sleep on it, this is what still stands out in my mind/heart. So inorder of COMPLETELY BLOWING ME AWAY.

1. Those drop earrings. I think Grace said $37k.
2. Cushion OEC in ruby halo. 3.12 or 3.18 carats. I can still see the facet patterning in my minds eye. Still. Each facet seemed perfectly sharp, clear, symmetrical. I cannot understand how these vendors have such an amazing eye?!?! I could walk right past that piece and not notice it. And then she gives it to you and you look. Phew. Gotta breathe. $27k at the show.
3. The 2.5ish K OEC with the baguettes on the side. That thing is a constant light show. Cannot turn it off. $15k at the show, I think.

Omg if I had to do my ering over again...

Btw Missy, I didn't include your 4.93 because I already think of it as yours. That is just BEYOND.... :lol:

Just because I can't help myself, tell me what you'd do for an ering if there was a do over!!

I bet you girls had a blast with all these pretty sparklies - first hand pics from folks who were there are just the best! Thanks so much for sharing all of these pictures with us!!

MGR, you always have the best advice, and the toughest questions. I showed Grace Missy (I named my OEC, btw.) and asked her if she had a higher color with the same sparkle and fire. She asked me if I was bothered by the color. I honestly say NO. I just think I SHOULD have a higher colored stone. She tells me I have mental color issues, which is true and correct. She tells me in all seriousness that Missy is an amazingly well cut OEC and really beautiful and doesn't think it will be easy to find another stone, around the same size, that is as much of a performer as Missy, at a higher color. She thinks I am not loving my setting which is bleeding over to affect my view point of my stone.

Ok. So I've been officially diagnosed by a bling doctor. :lol: Remember you said I should give myself permission to love and enjoy this stone? I'm getting closer. :D This is pretty close to my ideal OEC. BUT, I also saw that CRAZY cushiony OEC that was in the ruby halo. I can't get that one out of my mind. I do realize I love cushion shapes, but I love the OEC pattern much more than the cushion facet pattern. So my ideal would be a cushiony shaped OEC. I love that stone so much I want to go back today to take better pictures. I miss it.

So if I had to do it over, that's what I would look for. 3-4 carats, cushiony shaped OEC J-L, that blows your socks off. I am stunned and quite humbled by the amazing variety of OECs. The accountant in me reels at being unable to follow color rules and facet measurements to determine the most beautiful. You have to use your eyes, and that is the most scary and most fun. And you so need to rely on your bling sisters (and brothers, Hi Adam!) to give you reassurance. Well, I do at least. What is crazy is that it took me almost 4 years to get here, from my MRB upgrade to these amazing old cuts.

I love when you write out your thoughts - you are thoughtful and honest and I sometimes think it helps you to sort out fact from emotion. What is the color of the cushiony OEC? It does indeed have great faceting but so does your stone. Isn't it so crazy how we get hung up on a color letter and yet love the stone? I guess that falls into the mind clean category and it's just such a shame that we have to have ALL of the boxes checked to feel that we have a great stone - no matter that we love it!! LOL!

I too think it is the numbers and precision of MRB's that keep me enthralled. For you not to be able to trust the numbers so to speak - and you trust them every day in your line of work - that has to be painful. However, there are many things in life we cannot quantify but rather blindly accept - like love!! And sometimes those are the very best things we have!

Now that Grace has an idea of exactly what you would be looking for, go enjoy your stone and be secure in the knowledge that if she ever finds such a thing - yours will be the first number she calls - ha! This lets you enjoy what you have without entirely closing the door on the possibility. Your mind is always churning and the what ifs always calling but thus far your journey has worked out well. Have faith in the sparkles!!

Thank you MGR. You are like my bling guru/therapist. Do I need to send you a check? Thank you. I think I have a tag line in life. "Have faith in the sparkles." The wisest words of all.

Your ring keeps me thinking about three stones. Ok but I won't go there. One step at a time. I LOVE your ring MGR. I love that you know yourself and know what you love and keep on being true to yourself. Its beautiful and classic and precise and strong. I don't know you very well but is that like you? ;-)

Very humbling thought but I will leave that judgment to others - lol! Thank you for the lovely compliment on my ring though - I do enjoy it but have thought of changing everything about it at least once. Somehow though, it keeps working for me and somehow deep down inside I can't stand the thought of adding one more dollar to a ring to wear on my finger. Wasn't always like that and that's not to say I couldn't change my mind tomorrow but how much money does one really want to invest in one piece of jewelry? Blasphemy on a diamond forum I know but seriously.....? You are a doll and you will always be blingy in jewelry and in spirit!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous pictures LLJsmom. That marquis is fabulous. I was thinking the Carre cut was an asscher. My favorite are the drop earrings. You'll be dreaming of pretty bling for weeks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gosh, I have to go to one of the shows SOON!!! These rings are incredible! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you for the pictures of your Missy! I have to keep it straight as to whether you are talking about your Missy or our Missy! :lol: I do love the simplicity of the baguettes set into the shank and the engraving.

So Dolly was there, too? I just saw her post on the VCA thread! I was hoping that Alhambra pendant was for sale! :lol:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
oh man- DS i was just perusing this thread and i was like HUH?? How did my new pendant pics end up in this mix?!?!! HAHAHAH PS must be glitching!!

However- even though I am obsessed with my new necklace I don't think I would be opposed to trading it for one of Grace's pieces. Everything she has is so drool worthy. She actually lives only ten minutes away from me and when I bought my victor setting from her, she let me try on several of her pieces including the Olsons (her insane giant antique cushion earrings)! She is so nice and I can't wait for the day my money tree finally starts growing, so i can buy everything she has :love: :love:

That David Michael ring is insane. I need to pay Grace a visit soon so I can try it on myself!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1478405403|4094379 said:
oh man- DS i was just perusing this thread and i was like HUH?? How did my new pendant pics end up in this mix?!?!! HAHAHAH PS must be glitching!!

However- even though I am obsessed with my new necklace I don't think I would be opposed to trading it for one of Grace's pieces. Everything she has is so drool worthy. She actually lives only ten minutes away from me and when I bought my victor setting from her, she let me try on several of her pieces including the Olsons (her insane giant antique cushion earrings)! She is so nice and I can't wait for the day my money tree finally starts growing, so i can buy everything she has :love: :love:

That David Michael ring is insane. I need to pay Grace a visit soon so I can try it on myself!

Funny dolly, I don't see your pendant in this thread. If it was at Grace's, I woulda bought it already.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had so much fum yesterday.

LLJsmom you are like... sunshine.

I did want to adopt that ring. It's was fabulous.

Great pictures.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, all these pieces are so wonderful, I'd happily take any of them home (unlikely ever to happen, but hey, a girl can dream....). It would be so amazing to meet Grace in person, too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478390826|4094291 said:
diamondseeker2006|1478383997|4094234 said:
That's like every PSers dream day!! :love: :appl:

So many beauties!!! I can't ever have them, either, but I so love the diamond drop earrings with one small and one larger stone. All of it is fabulous, actually!

What's funny is you saying maybe it's your setting that you don't love, but I kept thinking as I looked at all these pics..gosh, LLJsmom's ring is SO pretty and I need to go back and see if she has close-ups of her setting! haha! So if I look and you don't, I'll be asking! And to Missy, I hope you aren't contemplating giving up Bea, because I think she is perfect!

DS, thank you so much. I ❤️ Missy more each day. Sounds silly huh? I am just getting over my issues. Missy is fine. :). (Talking about my OEC. Lol!! I'm just gonna share. Yeah just indulging at this point. Thanks for understanding everyone.

LOL to both of you and (((hugs))).

LLJsmom, I love you and your Missy. And every time I see her I fall more in love too. She is a beauty and I am not just saying that because you named her after me LOL. She is a real beauty and a treasure and I am with Grace. You won't find as beautiful an OEC anywhere. :love:
(I also love her setting).

Diamondseeker, Don't worry and I appreciate your chiming in for me... I don't think I can give Bea up. She is really so bright and gorgeous with faceting that is so chunky and even and well yeah I do love her.

That Mike Robinson ring is OMG Gorgeous. :love:
I also love that ruby halo ring on you LLJsmom and I think it should be yours!

Thank you so much for all the amazing photos LLJsmom!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting these pics. I love that marquise.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1478386760|4094260 said:
Yummy pics! I declined trying those honker drops of Grace's because I didn't want to end up attached to them and have to leave the show in NY kicking and screaming. How you managed to try them on and walk away with them - you are a stronger woman than I, LLJSmom

Do you have pics from other vendors? Did you score any goodies?

Pinto sorry I missed your question. I did not buy anything. I surprised myself. I have come up with some goals and attained a certain peace about Missy that was more valuable than anything I could have bought. However, my DH better watch out because I have ideas for the next big dates. 2021. Big bday. 2022. Big anni. Well...if I want to find a significant date, my DH and I will have been together 30 years this coming January... :Up_to_something:

I pretty much stayed at Grace's booth for 6 plus hours. Gypsy and I ate lunch though. The crown pin was from another vendor. There was a very unique, expensive French pin (gypsy can explain better) that they would not let us take a picture that was like a museum piece at another vendor. I wouldn't have been able to identify that it was valuable but Gypsy knew right off. It was small but over $10k, for a pin.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1478417568|4094396 said:
I had so much fum yesterday.

LLJsmom you are like... sunshine.

I did want to adopt that ring. It's was fabulous.

Great pictures.

Gypsy, I am so happy you made it out, even with that long painful drive. You made my day. Grace was thrilled to see you. Thank you for sharing with me. You are such a wealth of knowledge. It will go down as one of my BEST BLING DAYS EVER. Can you believe we just hung out from opening until pretty much closing? I don't know how time flew by so quickly.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478392033|4094297 said:
4. Just dreaming...

Drooling over that 6ct step cut Cartier ring!!! :cheeky: Is that through JBG or Jogani BH? Not sure if I want to even know how much it cost! ;(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1478447783|4094505 said:
4. Just dreaming...

Drooling over that 6ct step cut Cartier ring!!! :cheeky: Is that through JBG or Jogani BH? Not sure if I want to even know how much it cost! ;(

M-2-b, I should have mentioned that the Cartier is from Jogani. I just met him yesterday. Its is a stunning piece. I did not dare to inquire about price. Sorry.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pics!!! It's so easy to go the show over and over and play with the beautiful bling!!! :love: :lol: I had a very hard time leaving that oec in the ruby halo, too...she has a truly fantastic facet pattern!!! :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478445962|4094496 said:
PintoBean|1478386760|4094260 said:
Yummy pics! I declined trying those honker drops of Grace's because I didn't want to end up attached to them and have to leave the show in NY kicking and screaming. How you managed to try them on and walk away with them - you are a stronger woman than I, LLJSmom

Do you have pics from other vendors? Did you score any goodies?

Pinto sorry I missed your question. I did not buy anything. I surprised myself. I have come up with some goals and attained a certain peace about Missy that was more valuable than anything I could have bought. However, my DH better watch out because I have ideas for the next big dates. 2021. Big bday. 2022. Big anni. Well...if I want to find a significant date, my DH and I will have been together 30 years this coming January... :Up_to_something:

I pretty much stayed at Grace's booth for 6 plus hours. Gypsy and I ate lunch though. The crown pin was from another vendor. There was a very unique, expensive French pin (gypsy can explain better) that they would not let us take a picture that was like a museum piece at another vendor. I wouldn't have been able to identify that it was valuable but Gypsy knew right off. It was small but over $10k, for a pin.
Yay - LLJSmom - STRONG woman! :appl:
There's also another important anni - october 24, 2017 - 5 years on PS :dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478405711|4094381 said:
dollyanjuli|1478405403|4094379 said:

Funny dolly, I don't see your pendant in this thread. If it was at Grace's, I woulda bought it already.

It's on page one of this thread! :lol: Your 11/5 post at 3:19! It was so confusing to see it on Dolly's thread, and then I realized it wasn't something Grace had for sale!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1478477596|4094643 said:
There's also another important anni - october 24, 2017 - 5 years on PS :dance:

Ohhh, good idea to celebrate PS anniversaries with bling! I need to get something for my 10th which was in January! :lol: I like your thinking, PB!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll say it with you, LLJs: WALL.OF.BLING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omg. Words fail. The Robinson ring *must* be mine :devil:

Great pics, btw, you are the Fire Queen of Pricescope, you get the mostest and bestest fire shots!!!

Thank you for taking the time to take and post pics and narrate the show for us, much appreciated and WE NEED MORE PRICESCOPERS TO DO SAME when at shows or jewelers, there's less and less bling eye candy being posted any more.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky ladies and what fun! Thanks for posting.
I understand the Missy love.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's like the heavens opened up and rained the most beautiful gems of the earth. Thank you for sharing, I love ALL the earrings you posted and the OEC in the ruby halo is INSANE. Gah......

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom said:
Marquise_Madness|1478384451|4094237 said:
LLJsmom|1478313781|4093909 said:
Gypsy and I really lucked out to get to spend the whole day with Grace and her wonderful husband at the Hillsborough Antique Faire. So here some the pics.

1. Missy's ring, well, lets just say she's working on it.
2. Gypsy's Steven Kirsch halo. I fall in love every time I see it. No, it's not for sale.
3 and 4. Are you sitting down? 5-6 carat marquise. I am NOT a marquise person and this was...words fail. Lively, bright, blinging ALL OVER. It's flashing from miles away. Yeah. I could wear that everyday.

I'm so biased, but I LOVE that marquise. Its proportions are beautiful, the color is lovely, and it's just absolutely glamorous.

perfect word: Glamorous

Also, BOLD, MODERN. I never thought I would describe a marquise as modern, but it was to me.

Marquise_Madness said:
It looks like Mike Robinson drew inspiration by the ever beautiful Queen Mother's Lotus Flower Tiara.

Here is the sketch options that Mike Robinson and JbG had.

And the beautiful tiara!

No wonder. I put it on, and boy did it have heft. It felt like a queen should be wearing it. It looked like a crown for your finger. I would think that it could be an investment piece, or am I totally wrong? It felt like it should be displayed behind a five sided glass case. No joke. I felt UNWORTHY. :lol:

It's totally an investment piece. It looks so sturdy and strong yet refined at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely gorgeous!

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
This thread is such a treat! :love: Thank you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4. Just dreaming...

I very much heart that 6ct+ Cartier ring too!! Is there any way to find out how much it costs?

Thanks for posting all those pics! What a bling-fest!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1479444257|4100024 said:
4. Just dreaming...

I very much heart that 6ct+ Cartier ring too!! Is there any way to find out how much it costs?

Thanks for posting all those pics! What a bling-fest!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Hi Phoenix, email Grace and ask her to connect you with Jogani. Just tell her you're interested in the pricing on the Cartier emerald cut. I am sure she can connect you with him. Would be sooooo cool if you bought that ring. It's in a class by itself.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! That looks like heaven!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results