shape
carat
color
clarity

surprising behavior

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday was the first day that I have ever gone in person and asked to look at loose diamonds, inspected them, and tried to find one that my b/f would purchase for an e-ring. Up until this point, I always thought that I would be a stickler for better color and clarity rather than size.

Boy, was I wrong!! It is very easy to look at the diamonds on a computer and prefer the higher color and clarity grades since you aren''t really seeing the stones in person. We started off looking at diamonds that were less than a carat and VS1/VS2 and F/G/H. We also looked at I/J and eye-clean SI1/SI2 stones that were a bit larger. We kept creeping up "just to see" what a larger and larger stone would look like in his budget!
9.gif
I really am shocked at myself. It''s just so funny how you can sometimes get caught up in the moment!!
2.gif

BTW, I think that what he will end up buying will be somewhere in between. He wants to stick with a high color grade, but go with an eye-clean SI1 or SI2.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Wow BG!! "Shrinkage" was setting in while sitting at the jewelry counter!!! LOL

It IS easy and fun to get caught up in all the excitement, isn''t it???
2.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I have to laugh. I totally agree with you. I thought at first that I would be all concervative and not need a bigger stone, but when you look at them..oooh la la...bigger does seem better!
I know you will love whatever you end up with. But isn''t it fun to look!

Tybee

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Surprising behavior? I dont get it diamonds are shiney and lovely and playing with them is oddles of fun. As long as you didnt tell him something like "3 carats center stone of now kisses" I think you are okay. He he, acutally I think alots of us LIW go through the same thing when we look at stones. I wish the settings that were set with CZs had smaller ones I think that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results