shape
carat
color
clarity

Losing my engagment ring and finding hope.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

Oh Gypsy, I'm so sorry you have had to endure these awful events. You must have been and still are so scared. I could cry with you.
I wish the best for you and your husband and that the future is much much better for you both.

Do the best you can, as that is all we all can do. Envision my arms enfolding you.

Annette

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
G, you once posted about your background and life. I remember that I found it interesting and thought you should write a book. Don't know that your novel is at all autobiographical, but that's one I would read.
G, thanks for your uplifting story of how important hope is and how important relationships are.
So sorry to hear of your struggles and best wishes for the future.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am so sorry you are going through so much. You have done SO much for this community. I say it's time to pull together and see what we can do for you? I'd love to set up a go fund me account to help with your medical expenses and get you over this hump. What's the best way to reach you so I can set this up for you?

P

PierreBear

My condolences on all of these struggles and losing your engagement ring. So wonderful to hear of this thoughtful community and finding the light despite all of the trials. Thank you for sharing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1479142328|4098219 said:
Gypsy, I am so sorry you are going through so much. You have done SO much for this community. I say it's time to pull together and see what we can do for you? I'd love to set up a go fund me account to help with your medical expenses and get you over this hump. What's the best way to reach you so I can set this up for you?

YES, THIS! I wanted to post basically this exact thing yesterday but felt too embarrassed and didnt want you (Gypsy) to feel like anyone is "pitying" you. But I totally agree with Upgradingmama that you have done so much for people here that its time for us to give back to YOU! Please let this happen.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about the hardships you are facing. Can you share where you're located and what type of work you're looking for?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are one incredible lady. I have always admired you. Praying things get better. So sorry to hear all that you have been through. Hope that the ring turns up .

we love you!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,

I am so sorry you are having a hard time, I hope that things start to look up for you and yours, you are in my thoughts.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
From all this above, I can tell that you're so strong, so beautiful, and so bright. I can't say much about how much crap you've been though but I've been through the depression and anxiety and it's a nightmare. I also have migraines so I have a chronic pain condition as well.

So much love to you. [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I am so sorry for everything you've been going through. You are one of the posters that make up the lifeblood of this site. You devote so much to helping others and have so much knowledge, I would have never guessed that you were going through so much. Thank you for sharing and I wish the best for you.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Gypsy, so much going on. Thank you for sharing with us.

Reminds me of that saying...

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

And through it all you still found love and kindness to give, to Grumpy, and I'm sure to other creatures that crossed your paths. So I <3 you both for that.

Hugs to you and your DH.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,
I am so sorry for all you are dealing with. Please know I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

My boss suffers from RA as well. She was able to find a program that pays most of the expense for infusions. I will ask her for the name.
Sending love and hugs!

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry to hear this, Gypsy. :(

I know I am new to the PS scene, but I can see the amazing support given to others here. I am so glad you've had this place to boost you up during a dark time.

Your 2016 reminds me of my 2012. You sound like you have such a good head on your shoulders about it all. Life can be so unfair and just plain cruel at times.

I can relate to your anxiety struggles and to some of the things you've shared in your original post.
I hope the tide turns for you in 2017.

I am also sorry to hear your lost your ring. I hope by some miracle it makes its way back to you.

Rooting for you, Gypsy!

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Also, I am realizing how much we have in common.

Homebodies who love holiday bedding? Cats?

You must be good people. :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a generous offer, upgradingmama! Someone mentioned the fees in another thread. I don't know how they compare to this, but a friend recently used "honeyfund", and from there I was able to see that there is a related fund for medical crowdfunding
https://www.plumfund.com/medical-fund/

the fees look like 2.8%+$0.30. Does anyone have any experience with these crowdfunding sites? I want to make sure the most money goes to helping Gypsy (not to the fees) as possible if we kick this off. :appl:

Just when I start losing hope in humanity, seeing this community rally around Gypsy has really inspired me and makes my heart feel full again! :love:

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1479159583|4098440 said:
What a generous offer, upgradingmama! Someone mentioned the fees in another thread. I don't know how they compare to this, but a friend recently used "honeyfund", and from there I was able to see that there is a related fund for medical crowdfunding

the fees look like 2.8%+$0.30. Does anyone have any experience with these crowdfunding sites? I want to make sure the most money goes to helping Gypsy (not to the fees) as possible if we kick this off. :appl:

Just when I start losing hope in humanity, seeing this community rally around Gypsy has really inspired me and makes my heart feel full again! :love:

I sent Gypsy a note through LT.... more to come on that....

I looked up fees for gofundme: GoFundMe will deduct a 5% fee from each donation that you receive. So if a $10 donation, you are better off with gofundme but if more, the one above sounds better.... thoughts??

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am sorry that so many negative things have happened to you and your DH. Life seems so unfair at times but I commend you for finding the strength and courage to share with your PS friends. I know you are a strong, loving, beautiful, talented woman and wish the best for you ((hugs))

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am so sorry. This has been an incredibly trying time for you,yet you continue to show incredible strength and optimism. I admire you so much for that, as it is pervasive in everything you write. I'm right there with you in the med department; I can't imagine having to change mine - it scares me. I do so hope you are balanced now with them so you can relax a bit and enjoy all the blessings you do have. Hug your hubby, hug those kitties, and continue to try to look on the positive side - a hopeful outlook can help a lot, but I firmly believe your luck will change. Karma. >^..^<

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy
I am so sorry ! sending prayers your way that your troubles are over and you find your ring .

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama said:
PintoBean|1479159583|4098440 said:

I sent Gypsy a note through LT.... more to come on that....

I looked up fees for gofundme: GoFundMe will deduct a 5% fee from each donation that you receive. So if a $10 donation, you are better off with gofundme but if more, the one above sounds better.... thoughts??

Could money be sent through PayPal friends and family instead?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. The fact that you are able to look at the positives in your life are a testament to your character and spirit. I truly hope that 2017 brings only wonderful things your way...you more than deserve it. And I hope by some miracle, your e-ring turns up. Crazy things happen sometimes and I hope that you come back with some crazy story about where you found it!

Praying for you, DH and you beloved cats that things start looking more hopeful soon.

Absolutely count me in on whatever fund is set up!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Big hugs. We're here for you. I'm not surprised that someone as selfless as you can find the positive in all of this. Love to you, husband, and kitties.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you and your husband have been having such a rough time. I can definitely sympathize and emphasize as I experienced similar in terms of multiple jobs and moves in 2001. I developed chronic autoimmune conditions years later, so I can imagine how each life circumstance is compounding another.

If you're not already aware of the site, I think http://www.goodrx.com might be a good resource to help you find more affordable meds. Also, many drug manufacturers have patient co-pay assistance programs, so you can do a search for drug name + co-pay assistance and see what comes up. Sometimes having government insurance precludes co-pay assistance from the manufacturer. In that case, foundations exist to provide assistance based on financial need. There is at least one foundation that helps with Humira if that's your RA iv med. http://www.abbviepaf.org

I hope things start to turn around for you and your DH soon, and that 2017 turns out to be fabulous for you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for your wonderful posts and emails. For those who have shared their stories about hard times on here or privately, or said that my post resonates, I am sorry for your troubles too and wish you better times to come. ((HUGE HUGS))

I wanted to share something with you all. When my husband and I started dating I was 24. I was barely cookie dough, let alone a cookie, tough or otherwise. I was very much struggling to figure out who I am and I was very much lucky to have a grounded best friend who kept me from becoming too materialistic and instead reminded me of the things that really matter. Our friends and loved ones are truly our greatest treasures. And at that time I also found my husband. One thing he said to me became woven into the recipe of what I was becoming. What he said, to me was this: "Don't confuse being hard with being strong." When I asked what he meant, what the difference was: "Hard breaks, Strong bends." This was some of the best advice I have ever received. And all this year it has resonated with me, and I have had to remind myself to bend not break.

Maybe that will resonate with some of you as well.

So, to answer some questions (thank you Pinto Bean for posting the DB link).

1. I am a Commercial (not Government) Contracts Manager. I have a JD and eight years of experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for companies here in the Bay Area. I have worked at software and other technology, telecommunications, and healthcare companies.

2. If you have contacts and would be willing to help me get my resume out to them, please contact me. My first priority is finding a job. We only have a 6 month lease here, purposely, and are mobile if need be. We are by no means married to staying in Nor Cal.

4. I would definitely explore work in a different field. While I adore being on PS as a prosumer, at this point in my life I cannot limit myself to re-reading the last chapter of my life again. If it is time for a new chapter, whatever that looks like, I am open to that. That includes joining the trade, given the right opportunity.

5. Crowdfunding. I didn't post this thread as a request for money, so I am frankly struggling with this. For Grouchy... I had no trouble with it. But for my personal benefit, it's hard to put into words... but I guess I don't feel worthy of it. Everyone has hard times and these are mine and they are mine to deal with. That said, several of you have pointed out that there is strength in accepting help when needed, and have already started by sending gifts (despite my attempts to talk you out of them). So... I am going to leave this up to you. I will provide my information as needed and bow to your wisdom. Maybe part of the lessons I am meant to learn this year, the reasons this is happening to show me how to accept help gracefully. To learn to bend in this way, instead of breaking on it.

I cannot thank you all for the outpouring of support you guys have sent my way. Truly.

And please, if I may impose, if you are praying for me thank you so much.But please, don't pray for the ring. While I would be thrilled if it found it's way back, it's not at all a priority for me.

I am blessed to be part of this community. And you all are amazing. Truly angels (even the atheists ::) )

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, about the RA: I am on Remicade. I am part of their Remistart program. It works with insurance only, though I am not sure it will work with ACA insurance. My doctor's office is going to let me know about that this week.

The rest of my RA medicines are covered. It's honestly the anxiety medications that I am struggling with coverage for. And I will be reaching out the manufacturers to see what kind of assistance they can offer, that is a fantastic suggestion, thank you.

The biggest concern I have is the cost of the ACA insurance is high. And I am not sure we are going to be able to continue to pay for it past January unless things change.

:wavey:

Thank you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you! It's been a bad year here too but not as bad as yours! Can you get on a drug trial for RA meds to get them free? I'm so glad you have a positive attitude! Mine was not as good as yours. I can't wait for this year to be over! I'm going to pray we both get a better 2017! You are a real asset to PS and I think that you will be paid back threefold in blessings in the end! Good luck my friend!

Edit: Walgreens has an instore plan where you can get generic meds for cheap if you pay like $20/year membership. Maybe your anxiety meds are on there? Usually lexapros, Xanax, Effexor etc generics are really reasonable.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1479188409|4098695 said:
Hugs to you! It's been a bad year here too but not as bad as yours! Can you get on a drug trial for RA meds to get them free? I'm so glad you have a positive attitude! Mine was not as good as yours. I can't wait for this year to be over! I'm going to pray we both get a better 2017! You are a real asset to PS and I think that you will be paid back threefold in blessings in the end! Good luck my friend!

Edit: Walgreens has an instore plan where you can get generic meds for cheap if you pay like $20/year membership. Maybe your anxiety meds are on there? Usually lexapros, Xanax, Effexor etc generics are really reasonable.

Hi April, I am so sorry you have had a terrible year too. ((HUGS))

The medications I need are 1) an XR version of a drug that if I take the regular of I get bad mood swings on but that helps me immeasurably when I can get the XR version and 2) a very new medication that is a stronger and more refined version of a current SNRI that I take. The current SNRI is covered, but not in the doses I need. So the solution is to use the newer derivative. But I can't get it approved.

Most insurances cover the XR medications, so I was surprised that the ACA insurance didn't. And there is no way to get it pre-authorized either. It's not a generic so it isn't covered on any store's programs.

With my previous insurance it was covered but with a REALLY high co-pay. But the manufacturer had a program that would cover most of the co-pay. So if it was covered, even with a high deductable, there are solutions. But since it is not at all covered I am going to have to do more research.

Thank you so much for your support.

Also, as a general rule-- just so you know: Costco can beat any of the Walgreens program prices-- without the 20/year membership. They are REALLY amazing with their pricing. And when I was without insurance they were by far the cheapest and best pharmacy.

I am working with my doctor to see what we can change around.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry you and your family are going through this difficult time. My DH lost his job in 2013 and it knocked us on our butts, I was a stay at home daycare provider and we lost our health insurance. I kept telling myself we will get through this and I just kept the faith that everything will work out, I have faith that in your situation it will work out, keep strong and keep your chin up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results