shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Q

Queenie60

Rika|1478220296|4093469 said:
Erica at Love Affair Diamonds matched these beeeeautiful flowery OECs for my new 2 carat bezel studs. 6mm diamonds make for about a 7mm diameter with the bezel setting. They're AMAZING and it seems my dog loves them too as you can see :lol:

bezel_set_old_european_cut_diamond_earrings.jpg

bezel_set_old_european_cut_diamonds.jpg

old_european_diamond_studs.jpg

Gorgeous earrings. I saw them on her instagram! Enjoy them.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dozen_angels

Rough_Rock
Oh, your studs are gorgeous!!! Congrats!

And your dog is very sweet)...

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful and so is your solitaire :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could NOT resist, and got the jackets. I no longer have any ear real estate left :shock: I went with 3point diamonds so .77ctw. There's a small airline but I didn't want the stud to be outside of the jacket so, airline it is! I don't mind that frankly as its hard to see IRL when they're on.

I had considered 5-pointers, but I also have small ears and they would have been hanging way off the ear...so would have been a bit ridiculous..glad I was talked out of them! And, as much as I like the 3, I probably could have went with 2 and had a sliver left. anyway its a big ol earring when they're together. I do love the look as to many others. I got stopped 4 times in Palm Beach asking where I got them... IDJ may be getting some customers...lol

Now that said, my center stone is an I, the jackets are F-G. When they're off I can tell its not a match, though when they're on, its very difficult to see. And everyone else I've asked says they look great together. I was even complimented by a jeweler... He does high end swanky stuff, so compliment indeed!

So give it to me straight... am I just being stupidly nitpicky? Its not that I'm unhappy, but you guys get where I'm going.... I'm trying to decide if its worth going with stones in the same color family or not as I'm in that return window...I'm 50/50 so real talk here would be helpful.

aerrings.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Arcadian|1480785295|4104556 said:
Could NOT resist, and got the jackets. I no longer have any ear real estate left :shock: I went with 3point diamonds so .77ctw. There's a small airline but I didn't want the stud to be outside of the jacket so, airline it is! I don't mind that frankly as its hard to see IRL when they're on.

I had considered 5-pointers, but I also have small ears and they would have been hanging way off the ear...so would have been a bit ridiculous..glad I was talked out of them! And, as much as I like the 3, I probably could have went with 2 and had a sliver left. anyway its a big ol earring when they're together. I do love the look as to many others. I got stopped 4 times in Palm Beach asking where I got them... IDJ may be getting some customers...lol

Now that said, my center stone is an I, the jackets are F-G. When they're off I can tell its not a match, though when they're on, its very difficult to see. And everyone else I've asked says they look great together. I was even complimented by a jeweler... He does high end swanky stuff, so compliment indeed!

So give it to me straight... am I just being stupidly nitpicky? Its not that I'm unhappy, but you guys get where I'm going.... I'm trying to decide if its worth going with stones in the same color family or not as I'm in that return window...I'm 50/50 so real talk here would be helpful.

My stones are G and H, one of each. I have the same jackets as you. Can't tell when they're on my ears however when they're not on the ears I can see a bit of a difference in color. Doesn't bother me at all, only I know!!!! Enjoy them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1480787405|4104560 said:
Arcadian|1480785295|4104556 said:

My stones are G and H, one of each. I have the same jackets as you. Can't tell when they're on my ears however when they're not on the ears I can see a bit of a difference in color. Doesn't bother me at all, only I know!!!! Enjoy them.

Queenie, this is good to know and thanks for the perspective. I asked IDJ about going with a custom set which at the the extra expense would have been about the same as going with 5pointers. It makes me crazy that I'm crazy for considering it....lol

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian, I have the same jackets from IDJ I love them. They are alot of bling I don't wear them to to often. I also have the air line. I live with it. Also my studs are martini set so they don't sit as flush as I would like so my ears are sore by end of day how do you find yours? Regarding the color the IDJ are so white my studs are EGL Internaional F color which. Means probably also I and I definitely see a difference. That I only notice when. I hold them in my hands. I can't see a difference in my ears.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1480815005|4104616 said:
Arcadian, I have the same jackets from IDJ I love them. They are alot of bling I don't wear them to to often. I also have the air line. I live with it. Also my studs are martini set so they don't sit as flush as I would like so my ears are sore by end of day how do you find yours? Regarding the color the IDJ are so white my studs are EGL Internaional F color which. Means probably also I and I definitely see a difference. That I only notice when. I hold them in my hands. I can't see a difference in my ears.

Thanks heidi. I'm starting to think I'm just being nitpicky...lol I really love the jackets and the bling factor is crazy. The stud sits nicely in the jacket, no movement and very comfortable. I work at home so its not an every day look. :shifty: .... Ain't gonna lie, wore them bad boys to the grocery store the first day they got here. I felt awesome :bigsmile:

The studs are basket set and I have lapousette backs (I believe they're the medium ones) So I don't suffer from earring droop, though I have to push the backs up so they're tighter to my small thin lobes.

Visually I love the look of martini's but don't find them to be terribly practical. They can also look very wonky on my ears whch I'm sure its the hole placement and can be uncomfortable if I wear them when on the phone (I can be on the phone a lot). baskets are fine when I'm on the phone, and the ones from IDJ sit low, so even if I put on my over ear headphones its not an issue.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
:). I know when I wear mine on just a regular day I feel like a princess

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy to have something to share! These are my 1.26ct from IDJ.

I think they're beautiful. They are a present from me to me for a great year in terms of my career. In addition the number 26 has meaning in my family, so the carat weight is a bit sentimental

Stone 1: .63ct H SI1 GIA Excellent HCA 0.7
Stone 2: .63ct G SI2 GIA Excellent HCA 0.7

tuckiestudsa.jpg

tuckiestudsb.jpg

tuckiestudsc.jpg

tuckiestudsd.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! They look great on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckie they are gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

hautecouture

Rough_Rock

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Spectacular earrings hautecouture!! Well done :appl: they are so beautiful and sparkly!! :love:

I am excited to contribute to this thread, with my first (and probably last!) pair of diamond studs.
3.4 ctw
1.7 GSI2 -original ER stone (it has an inclusion on the side that I use to identify it and I always wear it in my left ear. I'm O/C like that!)
1.7 HSI2- new stone to match
Both GIA excellent cut

(Sorry these pictures are so huge!)

_38790.jpg

_38791.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous, mol42! :love: Please tell us more about your diamonds/settings--better yet, please start a new thread! :cheeky:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Thanks M-2-B!! :wavey: that means a lot since I really "puffy heart" your gorgeous earrings!! :love:
I will try to get it together and see if I can take some good pictures for a new thread.

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mol42|1483288749|4111346 said:
Spectacular earrings hautecouture!! Well done :appl: they are so beautiful and sparkly!! :love:

I am excited to contribute to this thread, with my first (and probably last!) pair of diamond studs.
3.4 ctw
1.7 GSI2 -original ER stone (it has an inclusion on the side that I use to identify it and I always wear it in my left ear. I'm O/C like that!)
1.7 HSI2- new stone to match
Both GIA excellent cut

(Sorry these pictures are so huge!)

WOWZA these are fantastic!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My beautiful Christmas present - 1.87ct diamond studs

Hi everyone,

I've lurked on PriceScope off and on for a few years now but have never posted (that I can recall - lol). I wanted to share with you the beautiful pair of diamond earrings you all essentially helped me choose.

This past Christmas I was gifted a pair of diamond stud earrings from my boyfriend. It's something I've wanted for a long time, and I was overjoyed with the surprise. They were each 1.05ct, G SI2 according to the jeweler (a local store that was recommended to him by a trusted friend), but no official cert came with the stones so I have no other information on them. When he gave them to me he said that he had a really hard time choosing which pair to get, and that if I wanted something different we could go choose a new pair together. After wearing them for a few weeks we both agreed that it wouldn't hurt to at least go look. I felt I might want something a bit smaller and better clarity (one stone had a center inclusion that I could easily see in my 5x mirror when putting on my make-up), and he wanted to get something better in color. That's where all of you came in.

I spent hours scouring what you recommended was important, and he asked the jeweler to bring those kinds of stones in. I insisted on only certified stones (I wanted unbiased information), he asked for color D/E/F color, and I asked for a priority of cut. I also asked for stones that were 2.0 or less on the HCA if possible (which was new for the jeweler... he'd never heard of it before and he's been in the trade for 30 years).

He brought in several sets for us to look at, all loose, so it was easy to look at them under the regular loupe and H&A. We looked at them in several lights and put the certs aside, taking the advice from many on here to use your eyes as the final decision-maker. In the end, we decided on two that weren't initially a matched pair. They are slightly different in specs, but they look absolutely spectacular together. So white, so brilliant, and so much fire... They truly take my breath away and I feel they're the perfect size for my ears :D . I know the color is higher than recommended for earrings, but it was important to my boyfriend so who was I to argue :lol:

The specs are:
6.20 x 6.27 x 3.95, .96ct, D color, SI2 clarity, Excellent cut, Excellent polish, Very Good symmetry, and HCA of 2.5
6.07 x 6.11 x 3.91, .91ct, E color, SI1 clarity, Very Good cut, Excellent polish, Excellent symmetry, and HCA of 4.7

Here are my beauties, in the box and in my ear. They're set in 3-prong platinum martini settings with La Pousette backs. I don't have a "real" camera so this is the best I can do with my iPhone. They're hard to see, but under the loupe there were clear hearts and arrows. I wish I could take the cool photos that some of you have done!

Thank you again for the wealth of information and knowledge on here. It helped us tremendously. Hopefully my post will help others in return.

_38975.jpg

_38976.jpg

_38977.jpg

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful studs ButtercupSherri!!!! the high color looks blindingly beautiful on the ears and that 6-6.2mm range is probably my personal favorite size for studs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look so pretty on you whitewave! Enjoy them! :appl:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I was blessed with small earlobes so I think 1.2 ctw will be tops for me.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
img_1795_0.jpg

For some reason I can't turn my pic around :confused: my recent purchase of BGD baby bezels .41 tcw , love them and have barely taken them out and my martinis from years ago .98 tw

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those baby bezels are so adorable!! I can see why they don't leave your ears! Love the milgrain size too.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
artdecogirl|1487542408|4130882 said:
img_1795_0.jpg

For some reason I can't turn my pic around :confused: my recent purchase of BGD baby bezels .41 tcw , love them and have barely taken them out and my martinis from years ago .98 tw

Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results