shape
carat
color
clarity

Proud of my son

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is nine, he got in the car yesterday and was upset because all the boys in his class went to a classmates party but he was not invited. You can imagine how awful this is to hear as a mom. Anyways I ask him why he wasn't invited and he tells me it's because he did not invite the boy to his party back in February. Two things to point out, we had a small party where we were limited to the number of kids (and had to invite some family) and he does not have a party every year. I thought it was kind of strange that is the only reason he wasn't invited, some kids for whatever reason do not have a party every year, when I was a kid I had a small party at home just family and as I grew up my parents would take me and a friend out to celebrate.

We had a discussion about how sometimes you may not get invited to something and it hurts but everyone experiences it at some point. I think it helped that it was not a reason personal to my son, he can be a bit black and white and opinionated sometimes but it seems that doesn't play into this.

Anyways, my DH and I talked about maybe letting him have a Lego party (which was the classmates party) for his birthday in February because he loves Lego's and then he could share his favorite thing with his friends. So I presented that as a possibility and I asked him, would you invite Patrick (the classmate)?

Yes.

Melted my heart a bit, his feelings are hurt but he doesn't hold a grudge for not getting an invite. As far as the party we are still talking about it. I hope he always stays this sweet and gentle in his heart.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! YOU are raising a good kid there!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet! Treat everyone you meet with kindness - I think that is exactly what he is planning to do.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow StephanieLynn! :love: You are such a wonderful mama to take the time to have this conversation with your son. I wish my parents and I had talked more like this, and that my parents had explained WHY more often to me.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a good mom Stephanie and you have one sweet little boy. Your story melted my heart.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a good lesson to learn and I think you handled it very well. I hope his party is a great time!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely story :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kudos to you and your son.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a little legend!!! I am 28 years old and have trouble getting over stuff that's more minor than that, he's got good ethics so be proud!! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are raising a mench Stephanie! You have every right to be proud of your son. He is a good young man and he is going to be an excellent and caring and kind empathetic adult. Kudos to you is right. The world needs more people like him (and you) (((HUGS))).

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I would be very proud too. What a sweet boy you have.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all your sweet replies. I've always tried to have him put himself in another's shoes and I guess it has sunk in. You know you can say something a million times and wonder if it sticks? We still work on "Did you wash your hands". Even though I say it every single time, still waiting for that one to sink in! :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you shared this. No wonder you are so proud of him! I think it says a lot about your parenting too! What a wonderful young man! :clap:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all the negative and crazy going on, this was a truly heart warming story! :))

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amazing, wonderful story Stephanie!
I've always marveled at how amazing kids can be- it's truly the adults that are screwed up, we can learn so much from kids if we just open our ears and hearts.

And yes, you can't repeat certain things too many times..........pick up that toilet seat before you tinkle!!!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Very sweet and mature. This will be one of those treasured stories to be repeated many times in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results