carat
color
clarity

need comfort regarding new side stones for EC

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
N-jo|1475467135|4083097 said:
Opinions? That angle on the shank is so sharp, and remember, I've not worn this ring. It's two days old.

There's an uneven goopy area, a notch out of it... scrapes. This is $2500 worth of quality?

20161002_225503.jpg

Those definitely look like polishing issues and not plating issues. I would leverage your attempt to return on these quality issues rather than the ring not being what you wanted.

Niel|1475505620|4083164 said:
If I were you I'd forget about baguettes set it in a sholdt semi bezel either with or without pave. Set it sideways.

This would be beautiful, substantial, and fit the style of her two other rings.

my_ec_and_band_handshot.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1475509402|4083189 said:
Those definitely look like polishing issues and not plating issues. I would leverage your attempt to return on these quality issues rather than the ring not being what you wanted.

Yes, that's probably the better way to approach it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brilliant idea, Niel..Sholdt Semi-bezel set E-W. Love Affair Diamonds sells Sholdt. She could even have a brushed finish if she doesn't like shiny platinum.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that Sholt semi-bezel set E-W!! What do you think N-Jo? Hopefully you can get a refund, but If you can't work with your jeweler, maybe you can have her set your stone back in your original solitaire setting. List your setting with baguettes on Pre-loved and once it's sold get the Sholt semi-bezel.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1475512981|4083210 said:
Brilliant idea, Niel..Sholdt Semi-bezel set E-W. Love Affair Diamonds sells Sholdt. She could even have a brushed finish if she doesn't like shiny platinum.
Another place is Pearlmans I believe they still offer an unofficial "pricescope" discount if you ask about it.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I emailed her a list of my issues. Double baguettes probably should've been suggested. When you've worked with a jeweler over a period of 40 years, I think it's expected that they could suggest and explain to someone who isn't immersed in this daily. She said no trillions, that they'd take away from my EC. I think she could have said, you know this is going to be very much unlike your other jewelry, right?

But it's ultimately my fault, I guess. Thanks for all your excellent suggestions. I like the Zac Posen ring at Blue Nile at 2.8mm wide, but the side emerald cuts would be teensy, also. I wish I could see actual photos on an actual hand.

Despite the horrible pics in my profile, my diamond really IS pretty and well-cut. I think the baguettes make it look smaller, actually. Stupidly, I thought adding baguettes to the look I had here in this picture would require more platinum width, not less, and I'd have a more substantial ring. Add the dings and scrapes and poor customer service -- she didn't measure my diamond, but ordered based on it being just over 6x4, but I'm to blame? I was right there with my diamond when sent home to look at settings to send her. Isn't it the jeweler's job to measure, instead of snapping at me with exasperation that my diamond isn't exactly 6x4?
I should've left it this way, as it was the day before. It looks like it has color because it's next to a rose gold band, it's a perspective thing, here.

I'm sick today, probably from all of this. Just hoping to get my stone back into what I had, polished up after 10 yrs of wear. If I'm allowed to return, I guess I'll look for a separate diamond band or a wrap.

You've all been a great help, I'm reallynota pain in the neck like it must seem.

20160928_175514.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww N-Jo I'm sorry for the stress you are experiencing. I hope she will take the ring back. You are not alone. Many of us on this board have had settings that we were unhappy with for whatever reason. Your EC is beautiful and you will be happy again. Keep us posted.
Hugs!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
New owner of the store called me today, wants to meet, make it right, order a different setting, or make a wider one, or if I want, put my diamond back in my old setting.

So now the only issue is what to pick from all that, and feeling well enough to do it. Their store is so hot, I can barely sit upright in there. Owner is coming to house tomorrow if I'm well enough, to look at the problems. I think he's not aware it's platinum, and my friend he bought out did not work in platinum. Maybe he does. Looks like "friend" has ceded control to him. I had understood she was still the boss at her location, guess not.

Maybe she turned it over to him to show him the work and failure to clean of the other employees.

At the very least, I had wanted a more rounded setting. Mine is not technically knife edge but the basic Blue Nile 4-prong HEAVY platinum solitaire, 2mm I think, at least on top. And all the platinum pieces I have, my family and friends have -- none of it has ever looked as tacky-shiny as this new baguette ring. It looks fake, like one of those plastic rings painted shiny silver, or those plastic fake-silver serving trays they sell at Sam's club. Thin and crazy-shiny.

That's what I like about platinum, that it has more glow than shine. I like my silver with a patina, and I knew my platinum wedding band I would never take off would be grayish -- it's not to the taste of others, but I like it.

Thinking I'll probably just go to my previous setting or a rounded band solitaire -- a comfort fit, more rounded but not really much bigger. Clearly I stack, so I need one that will do that. So maybe i can pick a diamond band instead of the diamonds being set with my EC.

I guess I'll go hunt through the bling thread.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you dislike the sholdt idea?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
N -jo, it's encouraging the new owner seems to be willing to work with you on this. The ring Pintobean posted does seem to be more what you had in mind. it's up to you, at this point it might just be easier to get your money back, have the diamond reset in your old setting, and start over without feeling any pressure. Let us know how you make out. And I do feel for you, a lot of us have had setting/ring issues.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Niel|1475580993|4083458 said:
Did you dislike the sholdt idea?

I have other bezel-set stones and don't really want it for my engagement ring. I liked the width, though. East-west not my style, but I appreciate all suggestions!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1475593950|4083515 said:
N -jo, it's encouraging the new owner seems to be willing to work with you on this. The ring Pintobean posted does seem to be more what you had in mind. it's up to you, at this point it might just be easier to get your money back, have the diamond reset in your old setting, and start over without feeling any pressure. Let us know how you make out. And I do feel for you, a lot of us have had setting/ring issues.

I thought, over the years, I had read a lot of issues about upgrade troubles and dissatisfactions and such. This is my first ever upgrade, and I don't save my e-ring for special occasions -- for one thing, I rarely leave the house -- so I want one I am comfortable with all the time at home. I like my size, I like that I can slip it into a wrap that boosts it once in a while, I have a couple of thin bands, and a bagette channel set white gold band. So I'm pretty content with it but was excited about adding a bit of extra to it.

I am hoping that they will let me set it back into a solitaire but my old one wasn't exactly treated gently, they yanked it pretty good. I think my best bet is a solitaire and then hope they have a diamond band that's affordable. They are a small store, big prices.

I wasn't feeling well enough to meet with him today and had a cake to ice for my MIL's birthday, then go back to bed.

I really do want the owner to see the new setting on my hand next to my old setting, or I'd just have husband take it in and return it. Husband and I talked about it again tonight at length. He's bought me a lot of nice but not outrageously expensive gemstone jewelry, we've never seen a shank that skinny and so sharply cut. I have worn a bandaid on my knuckle since Thursday! I couldn't get it on my left hand if I wanted - it's swollen and actually cut. It is just so cheap looking, the finish. My ten year old setting is like a dream ring compared to how the new one feels.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If anyone is still listening out there...

I saw the jeweler yesterday and we discussed the problems... The main issue is the extreme delicate nature. The diamonds are pretty, but I expected the support of them with more visible platinum. I don't want, and didn't expect the platinum to be not visible.
So I asked for my EC and the side baguettes to be set into a more rounded, thicker, wider --2.5mm -- band. No tapering inside, comfort fit, not this harsh, sharp edges. I guess others want to look down and see diamonds with no visible support, I wanted to see platinum around them.

My drawings of what I expected... And what they want to try to do for me. My stomach hurts a bit less after the talk with them. 20161006_001533.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news N-Jo!! Are they finding you another Stuller setting to better fit your criteria or are they going to custom make something? You are on the right tract here and I'm glad it's helping you to feel better. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for coming back with an update N-jo, and I'm glad you're feeling a little better - this is good news, the pic looks promising and more what you had in mind - I too am wondering if they're going to make you a setting. Keep us posted!

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
Will you still be able to wear your wrap on this new setting? I'm interested in how your wrap works , if you have a picture.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
N-jo|1475564304|4083442 said:
And all the platinum pieces I have, my family and friends have -- none of it has ever looked as tacky-shiny as this new baguette ring. It looks fake, like one of those plastic rings painted shiny silver, or those plastic fake-silver serving trays they sell at Sam's club. Thin and crazy-shiny.

That's what I like about platinum, that it has more glow than shine. I like my silver with a patina, and I knew my platinum wedding band I would never take off would be grayish -- it's not to the taste of others, but I like it.

I really think you need to adjust your expectations on this (or ask your jeweler to give any new ring a lightly brushed finish, which won't be the same as the aged patina but may be closer). Platinum IS shiny when polished. All platinum is. The patina and glow and softness of the look develops over time as it collects scratches. But when freshly polished? Yes, it is crazy shiny. I too like the soft look of platinum with a patina. When I get new platinum pieces I often rough them up a little with a fine nail buffer to jump start the process (not really recommended that you actually do this... but I live dangerously lol). Because otherwise they are too shiny. The shininess is completely normal and I worry that if you don't understand this before you get your new ring, you'll be dissatisfied with it too.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
N jo
Just wanted to tell you that I completely understand what you want. We are the exact same way; I hate dainty, delicate jewelry! I once had a 3 stone ring setting from Jared with .25 ctw in round side stones and the ring was so thin/dainty/flimsy that I felt like I was wearing a cheap kids ring from a gum ball machine. It was a joke, like where's my ring? So insubstantial. I ended up returning it and finding a much wider, thicker setting with presence. Really flimsy rings like that aren't even secure, especially when cast. They can warp or bend or get out of round. Do not accept it! You are NOT being too picky. I hope you get something you adore that makes you smile when you look down at it. Best of luck!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I explained that I was not a dainty girl, I wear very bold jewelry and wear 11 silver bracelets on one hand, most are bold chain. So I went in with my ring made by my OLD jeweler, which is a huge ring with an emerald cut garnet in it. The new jeweler loves his CAD thing so he said he really wanted to try to make me what I wanted, and asked some questions, was I okay with the side diamonds, etc. I think the diamonds are pretty, they're just all you can see, and I hate that. He said most people don't want to see the metal, and want dainty rings these days.

I tried on new ring and old setting and flipped my hand to palm so he could see the extreme difference, the thin flat sharp shank as opposed to the old setting. And that new ring is SO LIGHT! It doesn't look or feel like platinum, it is so so thin and shiny. I swear my e-ring and wedding band were not that shiny when new...

anyway, he and old jeweler and I discussed, I told them ordering from Stuller was difficult because not all the settings have full info as to thickness and width that are visible to the person without an account. I think it made my finger break out. I've worn a bandaid on my ring finger all week, ring so very tiny and sharp, it's hurt my finger!

He said he really wants to make it right, could he make a setting if I like the diamonds...apparently "I don't work in platinum" means they DESIGN what you want and then send it to Dallas or someplace for the making of it. Well, they could've MENTIONED that, instead of saying "I don't do platinum"!!! He said oh sure, we do that all the time. I told him I wanted it to stack flush against my 4mm wedding bands, with enough thickness and roundness to be comfortable instead of cutting my finger -- 2mm thick at least, and maybe 2.5mm or a little more wide. Plain, simple, but not dainty. I wanted it not quite as wide as my wedding bands. No milgrain, no filigree, no bead setting, NO TAPERING of the shank.. I asked it the baguettes needed to be set flush, and he said no, they'd be set with bars, but in wider setting. I gave him free rein to double the baguettes if that's the only way to widen the band some, though I really don't want the sides distracting from the main stone. I don't want WIDE, just wider than I have, and wider than the new one, which faced up diamonds only. I don't have a big enough diamond for that look! So, no idea how much more it will be, husband says it's cheaper than tears, whatever it costs.

I have no idea when they'll get to it, and that's why I wanted to just order a setting and get on with my life, without all the back and forth of making, approving, sending off, blah blah blah. I wanted it when I ordered in early September because I wanted to avoid holiday rush. Now, here we go, they're consolidating stores into one they're remodeling quite extensively, they are no doubt busy with things to get ready for Chistmas...ugh.

I sent him a new pic I'd drawn on yesterday..I HAVE seen settings that are wider than that, but not more than 3mm. Just now, I found a couple in Google images.

My wrap is for princess or emerald cuts. it's white gold and I don't wear it daily but it's fun to boost the solitaire, and it was what I got for 5 yr anniversary. It's a half carat of diamonds, my ring just slips inside this wrap joined by a couple of bands. It can be changed to fit a different size with baguettes set into the band, widened or even cut and extended to fit. And that is what I told original jeweler when wanting to change my setting, that the wrap wouldn't fit anymore, and she'd have to alter it. Apparently she forgot that, and forgot I do not wear teeny rings or other jewelry!

This is the wrap. I also have a rose gold over silver one with simulants that I'd still like to use. WE'll see.

I 0a9e3e8af634f1395e6fe330d5858bee.jpg bef7abfc5f562f25847293ed69302512.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
emcut1.jpg
three-stone-engagement-ring-cushion-flush-trapezoid-tv.jpg
custom-three-stone-emerald-and-diamond-engagement-ring-3qtr-102741.jpg

these are sort of more like what I pictured in my head. It's not the smallness of the diamonds, it's the lack of platinum around them that really bugs me.

the notes I sent him yesterday. He seems happily eager to play with it and thanked me for the notes. Who knows what they are saying behind my back! I feel so bad about it all. I felt such a load off after talking to him and handing over the rings. Those CAD drawings always look so chunky/clunky to me. I like bold, but a rounded, comfort fit bold, not chopped off.

Wish me luck! God knows when I will see progress!

photostudio_1475866890391.jpg

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like the new jeweller wants to help, which is great.

How wide is your current wedding ring and rose gold ring? In your drawing it says 2.3mm? They look wider than this to me, but it's hard to judge off the screen. I wouldn't call 2-2.5mm wide thick. A 2mm ring is about the width of a nickel.

I wonder if it would help you visualise by trying on wider bands next to your current stack. To see how it feels and looks. As I understand that you want to wear the three rings together, plus gave the option of wearing your wrap too?

To be clear, I'm not recommending this jeweller below, I've never heard of them before. But this is a handy image I found on Google which shows different ring widths on the same hand. Perhaps it will help you. https://www.serendipitydiamonds.com/blog/wedding-rings-popular-widths-shown-on-the-finger/

Good Luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1475326454|4082621 said:
If you chose the setting from the Stuller catalog, which it seems you did, this isn't your jeweler's fault (except for the rhodium plating, which she may have done because you complained about it looking gray). Yes, your old setting was more substantial. Stuller does not take returns or exchanges on custom (or used) pieces. Your bet best would be to have your diamond reset into your old ring, have a gemstone set into the new one and try to sell it, maybe on consignment with the jeweler. A little dirt on the diamond is not a big deal. Surely, you fixed that with a toothbrush and some dishwashing liquid when you got home? And to regret getting married over a ring setting? Really?

I didn't complain about it looking gray to the jeweler, only here and to my husband. I prayed it only needed polishing. Didn't know it was going to look like white gold.

I chose the setting at home after HOURS of looking at the Stuller site, which shows some info on some settings - and very limited info on others. I emailed jeweler the final choices, having already told her what I expected.

My old setting was not Stuller, it was a heavy 4 prong plat from Blue Nile, 2006.

I washed the ring in baby shampoo, yes. THey apologized for the water spots on it, they had left it with a little drying paper in its box from Wednesday to Friday.

As for the comments about marriage, that was hyperbole/sarcasm/irony. I never cared about getting married, or about rings, and now at the quite advanced age of 62, here I am, acting like a petulant child-bride because my ring didn't turn out like I had pictured. First-world problems. :) I'm ashamed of myself. And I'm crazy-happily married to the guy I met when he was 19 and I was 33.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wombats|1476012011|4084998 said:
It sounds like the new jeweller wants to help, which is great.

How wide is your current wedding ring and rose gold ring? In your drawing it says 2.3mm? They look wider than this to me, but it's hard to judge off the screen. I wouldn't call 2-2.5mm wide thick. A 2mm ring is about the width of a nickel.

My two wedding bands, both from e-weddingbands, are each 4mm WIDE (north-south) and either 2.3 or 2.5MM THICK, like -- a washer or o-ring is thick, as opposed to the ring of a keychain. Rounded, heavy domed comfort fit, not pipe-cut, not tapered, full thickness all the way around. I like thickness, not daintiness. I specifically hunted for a wedding band that thick, that was the only place I'd found in the US. It was a couple of Pricescopers who showed me their bands from there, and I got wider, and probably thicker. In fact, when looking for a thick band, I had jewelers who told me "those are for men, the women's rings are over here." I wanted HEAVY, I am not a big girl, I am just not a dainty girl. Woman. Age in years is 62, age in head, 16.

Wombats|1476012011|4084998 said:
I wonder if it would help you visualise by trying on wider bands next to your current stack. To see how it feels and looks. As I understand that you want to wear the three rings together, plus gave the option of wearing your wrap too?
To be clear, I'm not recommending this jeweller below, I've never heard of them before. But this is a handy image I found on Google which shows different ring widths on the same hand. Perhaps it will help you. https://www.serendipitydiamonds.com/blog/wedding-rings-popular-widths-shown-on-the-finger/

I had been successfully, happily wearing my 2mm old engagement ring stacked on top of the 2 4mm wedding bands for a month, before going in to order a more rounded, comfort-fit e-ring setting.(pics are in this thread) I do change things around all the time. I have never taken off my platinum wedding band, it was custom-polished to be more o-ring shaped, but it is a 4mm heavy domed comfort-fit band, now 10 yrs old, I think 12 grams?

I like rose gold lately, so my husband went back to eweddingbands and bought the rose gold heavy domed comfort-fit wedding band in 14k rose gold. I also have a 3mm yellow gold band from them, same style and thickness -- Again, I can't remember if they are all 2.3mm or 2.5mm, but thick.. I also sometimes wear that, and my e-ring, 2mm wide, but not very thick -- all mixed in between. Or sometimes I wear an 8mm yellow gold heirloom band with diamonds in the stack. Sometimes I wear the wrap next to just the platinum band, or sometimes between 4mm wedding band and a sterling 4mm band. I also have a number of tiny diamond, sapphire, and morganite bands I intersperse.

I don't have long fingers, but I can stack a few rings on there.Right now I am wearing 11mm width of three bands, plat/rose/yellow, with maybe 1.5mm diamond eternity bands in between them. I just got my new rose gold band a month ago, so haven't worn it yet with the wrap, and probably won't. The wrap takes up quite a bit of finger. I had discussed with the jeweler, prior to ordering a new setting, about how a newer,wider, thicker e-ring would no longer fit into the wrap that seems custom-made for my old e-ring. I enjoy the wrap sometimes, though, so we talked about her altering it to fit the new engagement ring in the future.

I did tell her when I first went in: "I want a new setting that is wider, thicker, and with side baguette diamonds." We looked at the wrap and decided to hang onto it and make it fit the new setting down the line. However, the teensy new setting that is on a teensy, skinny ring that's almost paper-thin -- rattles around in the wrap, no alterations necessary. I didn't even have to push it in. Drops right in, unlike my original 2mm wide engagement ring. So...that's not what I had in mind. I never told her thinner or skinnier, I wanted a "beefier" ring, actually, may have been the term I used. More platinum, 2 more diamonds.

My original e-ring (2mm WIDE) from Blue Nile has a greater thickness -- though not as thick as my plain bands -- and width, than the new Stuller that I was dissatisfied with. I find thinness to be uncomfortable and cutting. The Stuller was flat, sharply cut, not comfort fit. I only want the thickness to be at least as thick as my original e-ring - so it won't look weird stacked next to the thick wedding bands, so the diamond will sit above and not bump into them. But not so high that it sticks way up...

She has made many things for me before in silver, but she told me this time she "didn't work in platinum" -- What she failed to say was that she can still design and then send off to be cast in platinum, to Dallas. But even if she had clarified that, I probably would have wanted to order anyway. To avoid all the to-and-fro about the design, the mold, etc. I thought I made it clear that I wanted a wider band on the e-ring, and stupidly assumed that in order to support a baguette on each side, it would HAVE to be wider than the solitaire I've worn for 10 years. I wanted, and stated -- "comfort fit, rounded" -- because we didn't want it so wide that it, or the baguettes took away from my small .71 middle original diamond.

edited many times to clear up my rambling way of writing the way I speak! ;-)

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1475800469|4084317 said:
N jo
Just wanted to tell you that I completely understand what you want. We are the exact same way; I hate dainty, delicate jewelry! I once had a 3 stone ring setting from Jared with .25 ctw in round side stones and the ring was so thin/dainty/flimsy that I felt like I was wearing a cheap kids ring from a gum ball machine. It was a joke, like where's my ring? So insubstantial. I ended up returning it and finding a much wider, thicker setting with presence. Really flimsy rings like that aren't even secure, especially when cast. They can warp or bend or get out of round. Do not accept it! You are NOT being too picky. I hope you get something you adore that makes you smile when you look down at it. Best of luck!

that skinny flat band on the new Stuller, I was going to catch that on everything. I told my husband day one "this will be the ring that de-gloves my finger." And we don't want that!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the way that emerald/green ring (you posted above) looks except you would need the sides rounded for comfort fit.
I think a setting like that would be pretty and more hefty. Hopefully still fit in your wrap...if they are doing CADS they can
design it to still fit in your wrap. You know that platinum takes a little while to build up its patina. I hope you wont be upset
if it comes in too shiny. I wonder if they can use a certain platinum mix that will not be so bright white. Do you know what
the mix is on your wedding band?

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1476105507|4085279 said:
I love the way that emerald/green ring (you posted above) looks except you would need the sides rounded for comfort fit.
I think a setting like that would be pretty and more hefty. Hopefully still fit in your wrap...if they are doing CADS they can
design it to still fit in your wrap. You know that platinum takes a little while to build up its patina. I hope you wont be upset
if it comes in too shiny. I wonder if they can use a certain platinum mix that will not be so bright white. Do you know what
the mix is on your wedding band?

I don't, and didn't really care that much about fitting the wrap, I was planning on wearing the new ring without extra stuff, just two wedding bands, for a while. So if it fit, fine, if it didn't it could be adjusted, this was all discussed when I first asked for a more rounded, thicker, NON-tapered ring. So that part doesn't worry me.

my family has platinum, I have platinum, and I've never had platinum as shiny as this ring, nor do I or have I ever owned a ring with as thin and sharp a shank as this one except a cheap silver claddagh souvenir ring someone once brought me from Ireland.

I don't know what Blue Nile or e-wedding bands uses in their platinum, but I've been happy with both. Neither was carnival-shiny when I got them. I like the muted wintry nature of platinum, white is good, but it looked like shiny rhodium, like those shopping network rings. It was not thick, as I asked, when I showed them my wedding bands and asked for about half that thickness and all the rounded aspect, with more comfort than my old band. This was thin, sharp, and cut my finger, which also flaked after 2 days of trying it on. I hope they were not trying to pull a substitute on me after all these years of being a good customer.

They have had it since Wednesday the 5th. Not a word from them. They combined stores last week, closed a day and a half. I don't know whether to keep pestering them, or just keep my mouth shut and see how long it takes them. I'm sick about this old jeweler failing to either take notes, take measurements, or otherwise grasp what I said I wanted. I don't know how many other ways to say "more substantial, rounded, and comfort-fit"

I've had trouble posting here, I keep getting errors. Maybe this one will go through...

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
these pics are the rounded look I told my jeweler I wanted. rounded, like my wedding band, pictured below. So when she approved the only Stullers I could find with baguettes that looked rounded this way, I trusted her. I had repeatedly said THICKER, like my wedding bands are thick, but not as wide. I had a 2mm before, we talked about how it might be 2.5 wide...so when it arrived as thin as a sheet of paper, it was a huge surprise, yes.

1476510018298-675847499_0.jpg
14765100684631519605139.jpg
14765098877591429420736.jpg

my original ring, soon after I got it, in 2006. It was not nearly as chrome-shiny as the new one. THe shank tapers but still not as thin at the bottom as the new ring, that literally hurt to put on. This ring thing has become a money-pit, and I'm not even about the fancy...I just can't believe how my plain language to her was either not heard, or just ignored. I do feel as if my job is just too small for them, or something. It's strange because as I said, the jeweler was a friend, not best friend, just known for 40 years, go to the same places, I used to hang out at the shop and watch her make things, my own and others...

There was a distinct lack of urgency towards MY project, but always lots of "gotta get back to the thing in the back we're working on" (and yes my stone looks fingerprinty in this old pic~)

wowwow.jpg

20161001_001212.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did it get resolved? Would love an update!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
pearaffair|1478315044|4093921 said:
Did it get resolved? Would love an update!

I left the reset version of the ring on October 6. I was in October 24, November 2. My husband dropped in November 10. I now visit my e-ring. I am terribly upset about it. It looks like a child's ring.

Nothing has happened. The owner ordered some thick platinum shanks, one that was 3mm thick, 3mm wide. The plan was, I was told, to see which of the shanks ordered would support flush-set side baguettes. Failing the ability to set them that way, he'd work one up on the CAD.

After my husband dropped in and no one was there, the owner left voicemail saying he was still "working out the options" and his voice trailed off. I had asked him Nov 2 if this was going to go on until Christmas. "Oh, no, of course not!" And yet, here we are, mid-November.

I'M normally one who insists on satisfaction, but.. they've moved, then it's Veterans day, now thanksgiving and holiday gift time is upon us. They had the big move and I'm sure there will be a grand reopening in the historic building where they are. I am hoping this means he's trying to do what I asked, he wanted to try several ways.

I'm sad and emotional that I ever changed my original setting. It makes me physically ill.

What do I do, except call or drop in daily? Until I anger them?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results