shape
carat
color
clarity

my handmade ring is complete! replicated my girl's tats

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ring and love the whole story! Thank you for sharing your journey with us and wishing you and your FI all the best!!! :appl:

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
wow! thanks all for the high praises!

Still being over the moon and all I can share the story. So....recall I stated the drive was going to be long. Of course, she packed way too much but I prepared a car bag for her; coffee, snacks, music. ha. Now, I did not think I could just fool her 100% because the location is obvious once you get further down the parkway. She actually peeked at my GPS and entered the coordinates on her phone; which promptly announced where we were headed.

I had to run up and down stairs of the mansion we stayed at to ensure I setup everything in the cupola; flowers, candles, etc.
The only gaffe was we had to get dressed in front of each other in our room, she thought we were first going to dinner so I did pull that part off, however she hated one of my tux vests I struggled to track down! luckily, I had a backup.
Upstairs, her reaction was perfect! Lots of happy tears as I carefully read my proposal letter. I cannot believe it happened even though I have been planning for like a year! She looked every bit as stunning as our first few fancy dates; pinup style hair, carefully planned dress & shoes.

The whole mansion was buzzed like us and everyone asked to see the ring :) remarking how beautiful it turned out. she confessed she thought I was giving her a necklace as the ring box was not traditional in size. What's a little more mystery before popping the question :lol: She actually said she would have been unhappy because I would have led her on.

We were so over the moon that in a span of 48 hours were got engaged, went to the beach(weather held up for some nice beach pics), the zoo, and Atlantic City. ha ha! soooo us! To top it off, her birthday came 5 days later and the beaming fiancee allowed me to watch my silly football Jets beat the Giants for the first time since '93. Afterward, we went to dinner and bowled! We split the series, ha ha.

Do I feel all this was worth it? With a resounding 'YES'! I learned even more about myself, enjoyed the evolution of our relationship, and finally feel 100% happy. As she has been told all week; 'happiness looks good on you.'

Thanks to all the price scopers out there for your words of encouragement, unabashed critiques of other ring choices I posted, schooling me on rocks and hardware and all around support.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! :love: Loved hearing your update and reading your story. You are both amazing! :appl: Congratulations on your engagement! :clap:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP that is a great ring!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still on the high being over the moon and all ;-)
My fiancee is enjoying all the compliments and likes keeping me on my toes with her "jokes" of 'Where's my ring?' the few times she removes it. wheew, glad I got it insured.

I really cannot believe it happened despite my planning for almost a year. ;-)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jseconds77 I love the update to your story and am totally bawling over all the thought you put into researching and designing and planning - down to bringing two vests -just in case. Everything turned out so well and I wish you both so much happiness.

:clap:

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
why thanks!!!!!!!!!! I just enjoy her company each day. I'm very happy about it all and now, there's this unique feeling of "I wake up to my fiancee every morning."

There some challenges ahead for me re: on-site work stuff :( but I won't let that stand in the way of this beautiful time in my life.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jseconds77... I love the whole process you did to show your significant other your love... this is truly heartwarming and makes me happy! she's lucky... you are lucky.. I wish you peace, love and happiness!!!!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Just checking in with my price scopers!

We have been in full force planning our rock n' roll carnival wedding. We put a deposit on our rustic barn venue and are finalizing some photographer details. Though they're pricey they were not over my budget and we all shared a lot in common, felt comfortable and found their work impressive. We're strongly considering a wedding planner. Despite the extra expensive we feel it's actually priceless to cut down on any stress and have a lending hand make our dream wedding happen!

B y the way, we get to stay over at their late 1800's farm house for a week, so even though our actual wedding lasts a whole day, I'm gonna go ahead and state it lasts a week ;-)

I would love to post pics once everything happens! Next July...

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Please do! I want to see the whole ensemble, along with hand shots of your awesome ring!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
hi all!

So I recall promising some updates. We're all booked at a rustic barn venue for July, 2017. It's going to be a rock & roll carnival theme complete with skeeball and vintage arcade games! We're working on vintage popcorn and cotton candy stands next. The venue is working with us on a vintage soda jerk/milkshake stand. We already booked our photographers, which by the way were very pricey but honestly offered the best shots so I guess quality costs? I'm starting to realize the importance of having good photographers on hand. :clap:

We went ahead with a wedding coordinator and the 3 of us working together are more than likely going to throw an awesome and memorable wedding! I hope :angel: We're hoping to wrap up the catering which features chicken & waffles and other tasty treats but I think we're gonna need a food truck for desserts. The catering cost was very good and my eyes did not pop so I guess we're making progress.

Only issue we're having is the room blocking. This is problematic only cuz we can only assume how many rooms we need and nothing will be def. til closer to the date, yet one hotel very close to the venue wants a hefty deposit. :wall: and the chain hotels said our date was too far in advance to do the blocking?! This I don't get but they did not require a deposit but do need shuttle services. $

Sure, perhaps we could pay comparable $ and have a seemingly stress free wedding but this approach will feature a wedding more unique to us. I hope to post more updates and perhaps some pics?

thanks to all of you who advised me and those that offered really positive comments; Meant a lot to me. be well and full speed ahead with planning.....

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
I've just read this whole thing through- amazing journey! And I'm SO glad you're still updating us.

Good luck with the wedding!!!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the support! I will continue with updates and yes, I wanna post pics of our event. Remember, it's in 2017.... :dance:

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
hi all!

Things are progressing nicely. My fiancee will be meeting this awesome retro bridal company come Oct. I think they're only appearing in NYC for a very limited time so I hope it all goes well!

I sadly abandoned my hunt for the seafoam suit, as the majority I tracked down were like one-off fashion show pieces and way overpriced. Going with slim, modern cut black suit with seafoam or mint shirt & tie and I sourced way cool rock n' roll mint colored dress shoes :)

Our web site will go live shortly and we completed our save-the-date! It's classic freakshow/carnival themed poster art designed by my fiancee, of course ;-)

So moving along with room blocking only one joint made us pay a deposit; a hefty $1,800 but they're a mere 7 min. away so I think we had to lock that down despite my protests on costs. Same with our photographers, big bux but they were by far the most talented and we all hit it off. They don't do the typical posed pics but the more in-the-moment style I like.

My fiancee just submitted her design idea for my ring to the same builders who handcrafted hers! I like using the same father & son, makes our story more sincere. I will def. post pics once that is done!

So...forum members jump in and tell me if I should (finally) start another thread for our wedding or just keep posting here to make it simple.

be well all!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It all sounds great! Thanks for the update!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jseconds77|1473198096|4073844 said:
hi all!

Things are progressing nicely. My fiancee will be meeting this awesome retro bridal company come Oct. I think they're only appearing in NYC for a very limited time so I hope it all goes well!

I sadly abandoned my hunt for the seafoam suit, as the majority I tracked down were like one-off fashion show pieces and way overpriced. Going with slim, modern cut black suit with seafoam or mint shirt & tie and I sourced way cool rock n' roll mint colored dress shoes :)

Our web site will go live shortly and we completed our save-the-date! It's classic freakshow/carnival themed poster art designed by my fiancee, of course ;-)

So moving along with room blocking only one joint made us pay a deposit; a hefty $1,800 but they're a mere 7 min. away so I think we had to lock that down despite my protests on costs. Same with our photographers, big bux but they were by far the most talented and we all hit it off. They don't do the typical posed pics but the more in-the-moment style I like.

My fiancee just submitted her design idea for my ring to the same builders who handcrafted hers! I like using the same father & son, makes our story more sincere. I will def. post pics once that is done!

So...forum members jump in and tell me if I should (finally) start another thread for our wedding or just keep posting here to make it simple.

be well all!

There is another forum for weddings/brides/grooms in case you want to start a new thread, but of course, link to this engagement ring thread/discussion.

cheer--Sharon

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Ok! I will do just that.

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results