shape
carat
color
clarity

NAPA Wine Proposal... HELP!!!

Lost_Groom_2B

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Napa/Sonoma this labor day weekend and I'm planning on proposing. It's very late in the game to just now start making arrangments, but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had recommendations for romantic locations, accommodations, ideas, etc. I'm behind the 8-ball and I really don't want to screw this up. So I figured, what better community to reach out to for help than you guys! Anything you all can suggest would be appreciated more than you'll ever know. Thank you in advance. I hope everyone's next bottle of wine is as beautiful as mine will be :)

She’s a Bed and Breakfast type, not really a fancy hotel kind of girl. So I was hoping for some kind of accommodations off the beaten path. Like a small cabin or camper near a vineyard or something like that? Engagement rings are deadly expensive haha.. so I’m trying to find something reasonable. Which pretty eliminates every Napa/Sonoma hotel for me.

I was also thinking of proposing on a picnic somewhere really pretty. A vineyard or something like that we could ride bikes too? Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance. I really do appreciate any advice you can provide.

-A lost but swooning man

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried VRBO? Last time I looked there was a sweet cottage on a vineyard on the Silverado Trail (the back road down Napa valley). There are some beautiful vineyards there too (Frogs Leap has beautiful gardens for proposing in). Domaine Carneros which is on the way to Napa from San Fran is also very pretty (nice cheese and sparkling wine options on a patio overlooking the vineyard). Keep in mind you need to make appointments to visit most vineyards and tastings run $25-$50 per person. Most will let you share a tasting to keep costs down.

Yountville also has beautiful gardens. Great restaurants there too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results