shape
carat
color
clarity

She found the ring......

Krisgh15

Rough_Rock
Welp, my gf found the ring :/

She didn't open the box so she said she is so excited to see what is in it, but now I feel like I have a slim chance at an element of surprise.

We love to travel and usually take 1-2 trips a month. We have recently put a pause on vacations as we have both trying to build our saving, obviously mine went into the ring :). So we don't have any vacations planned until November. I had planned a surprise vacation to San Diego over labor day weekend. San Diego was the first trip we took together. My plan was to surprise her with the trip and then propose in SD. She still does not know about the trip I have planned. Well now that she knows about the ring, I feel like soon as she knows I planned a vacation she is going to know a proposal is coming sometime during the trip. lol I know that will make me anxious and probably make her even more anxious. So now I'm thinking of proposing to her the morning before our flight and then telling her we are setting off to SD celebrate. Our flight is at 8am so I'm going to be in a bit of a time crunch as we aren't morning people.

Should I just propose a few days before the planned trip? Day of?
Still propose on the trip?
Do something crazy like propose at the airport or on the plane?

lol I'm freaking out over here..... so any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Q

Queenie60

Propose the night before the trip - and after the proposal tell her that you're leaving early in the morning to celebrate. Tell her to pack for warm weather and then surprise her at the airport as to where you're headed! Just my suggestion :wavey: Good luck, relax - it will turn out just fine! Pictures of the ring???

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is propose in the most lax way possible.

Ask her to make coffee one morning and when she comes back be like boom ring. I feel like that's the only way to surprise her. Throw it i to something mundane. You do anything exciting or out of the ordinary shell assume it's becuase a ring is coming.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love niels idea! Something totally normal. So you can propose, she will (likely) say yes, then you can tell her to pack her bags cause you're going away for the weekend to celebrate!

I wouldn't do it in the morning, that seems so early. The night before for sure if you do that.

cattitude

Rough_Rock
It might sound like a troll... but get her a necklace or a pair of earrings. Put it in the box. Gift it to her the night before the trip at a romantic dinner, along with plane tickets to the trip. Then propose during the trip, but not with a box (you can find some creative ways to present the ring to her... just don't put it in food. I've heard too many horror stories) :razz:

Johnnybegood

Rough_Rock
I love the idea of proposing the night before and then surprising her with the engagement trip!

I feel like proposing during the airplane ride would be a unique story to tell your family and friends when announcing your engagement.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results