carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
himni|1451284874|3967185 said:
I wanna play :)

My first pair of diamond studs. Diamonds and setting by Victor Canera.

here is a video of the stones from VC's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6jyTlTW5Zs

here is a video of the completed earrings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK94W7HXKNA

the stats:
h/vs 0.80ct each and are set in a double row halo with single-cut melee.

They were a gift from my husband.

here is the original thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/come-see-my-beautiful-diamond-stud-earrings-by-victor-canera.218270/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/come-see-my-beautiful-diamond-stud-earrings-by-victor-canera.218270/[/URL]
Those are gorgeous. I looked at Victor Canera's martini settings but just can't justify the cost at this time since I don't know if I will be upgrading. Your hubby did a good job!

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
She is going to love those. That is so sweet of you to get her such beautiful earrings.

Q

Queenie60

img_1790.jpg

These are my 1.84 ctw studs from IDJ. One is .91 G SI1 and the other is .93 H VS2. Setting is 6 prong wg. Can't tell the difference in color, they match perfectly. Just love them and they are very sparkly GIA XXX stones!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1459145801|4011940 said:
img_1790.jpg

These are my 1.84 ctw studs from IDJ. One is .91 G SI1 and the other is .93 H VS2. Setting is 6 prong wg. Can't tell the difference in color, they match perfectly. Just love them and they are very sparkly GIA XXX stones!!

Queenie, they are absolutely beautiful :love: You must be beyond thrilled, I hope you get lots of enjoyment from them! (I have a feeling you will lol!)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Add me to this list! :D My studs are orange garnets but my jackets are diamonds. LOL I was fortunate to buy a pair of preloved jackets from Phoenixdarling back in January. She had a pair of unset loose orange garnets from Yvonne Raley which I also purchased. I had Phoenixdarling send them to David Klass who set the garnets for me (3 prong Martini). No job is too small for David, he's quite accommodating. ;)) In fact, the 1st setting, had a tiny bit of metal under the pavilion making 1 of the stones noticeably different from the other. He voluntarily reset the studs in a new set of mounts. :clap: The studs are 5mm & the jackets are 11 x 3 pts. I was never a stud person, or so I never thought so till I got a hold of these jackets. I'm in serious love now. So crazy! I'll be on the lookout for new diamond studs soon. The orange garnets from Yvonne are really lovely & have a nice glowy sparkle. They match colourwise with 1 of them ever so slightly deeper, definitely no issue on the ear. I'm not normally an orange person, & truthfully, this is probably the only orange gemstone item I'll own, glad I picked them up. I don't have on-ear shots because I'm obviously not as talented as some of you to take my own ear pics. :errrr:

Earring20Jackets-3_zpsqqwilf5q.jpg

Earring-Jackets20-1_zpsuuma2o9h.jpg

Judy

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
Wow, these are so pretty!

Q

Queenie60

mrs-blop|1461004529|4020844 said:
My BGD 1.95ctw K VS1 and K VS2 yellow gold studs.

Gorgeous studs! Ear shots please!!! :love:

drum747

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to post a thank you to everyone who has posted, I have read the whole thread many times and this has been an enormous help. I just ordered some .806 ctw E VS2 Hearts and Arrow studs from BGD with Platinum bezel's and La Poussette backs for my wife for our 10th anniversary. I'm sure she thanks you all as well!

Q

Queenie60

drum747|1461267315|4022147 said:
I just wanted to post a thank you to everyone who has posted, I have read the whole thread many times and this has been an enormous help. I just ordered some .806 ctw E VS2 Hearts and Arrow studs from BGD with Platinum bezel's and La Poussette backs for my wife for our 10th anniversary. I'm sure she thanks you all as well!

Please post photos when you receive them! Happy anniversary. :wavey:

drum747

Rough_Rock
Will do Queenie60!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
New pair of studs. My Mother's Day gift. They are half the size of my previous pair from IDJ, but I'm much happier with these. .46ctw F VS2 GIA. They are in 3 prong martini settings. They are so pretty and they sparkle so much. Best part is they can be upgraded down the road. I feel better about them this time around :). I can't figure out how to rotate these on my iPad. Sorry :oops:

_3301.jpeg

_3302.jpeg

Aschloss

Rough_Rock
My IDJ diamond studs. 1.42 carat with .76 jackets. Can't speak highly enough of IDJ, I am in Australia and the purchase was painless. Ex cut, f/g colour and SI. image_696.jpg image_699.jpg

rennipenni

Rough_Rock
Love all of the approx 1.5 tcw studs posted lately. That is the size I choose, too. I feel like they are HUGE, no DSS!! :love: :love: :love:

Mrs_Ace

Rough_Rock
Got these about a week ago for our anniversary. I'm in love they are 1.1 ctw and I VS2. But my husband couldn't be less clueless, pictured my previous pair and the new one (same size and clarity) color is different and I don't remember what it was from the old pair. Now I have to figure out what to use the old pair for ! Lol ❤️

_4391.jpeg

_4392.jpeg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are 1.12 per ear, F color, VVS2 from T & Co. Lousy picture.

_4806.jpeg

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful MB. I imagine they look huge too! Gotta love T & C. Nice addition to the jewel box. :love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Monnyjay. This pic is a little better. On second thought, it isn't a better pic.

_4816.jpeg

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1468786569|4056415 said:
Thank you, Monnyjay. This pic is a little better. On second thought, it isn't a better pic.

They are beautiful! I have a Tiffany & Co pair too, mine are the same specs but tcw 0.24. They look bigger. Bigger is always on the list. I have a stone 0.80ct just waiting for a match and then I will give my daughter the Tiffany's.

Enjoy wearing those, along with the beautiful chandeliers. :wavey:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1468992303|4057470 said:
Madam Bijoux|1468786569|4056415 said:

They are beautiful! I have a Tiffany & Co pair too, mine are the same specs but tcw 0.24. They look bigger. Bigger is always on the list. I have a stone 0.80ct just waiting for a match and then I will give my daughter the Tiffany's.

Enjoy wearing those, along with the beautiful chandeliers. :wavey:

Tanks again, Monnyjay :wavey:

Needshelpearrings

Rough_Rock
janiced163|1290737695|2779444 said:
Here are my studs... 2.25 tcw (1 ct each stud with .25 in micro pave mounting)
Hi can you please share who did your setting? I have been looking for a pair of earrings with this delicate halo everywhere it is so hard to come by. Even custom places that I have been to in New York don't offer this type of flat and micro setting. Please share!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.23ctw Blue Nile cushions (E SI1 and E SI2) set in BGD bezels, and my tiny 13pt E VS cushion set in platinum by David Klass.

Great for every day wear.

img_12657.jpg

img_12658.jpg

img_12659.jpg

img_12660.jpg

lage

Rough_Rock
For my birthday two years ago, DH upgraded my studs (Blue Nile H-SI1, GIA 3X, 1.32 btw, HCA 1.4 & 1.8). This year he upgraded the setting (custom low-set 6-prong in platinum with large La Pousette backs). Chris of Brilliantly Engaged was great to work with - gracious, conscientious, and accommodating. He arranged the reset so I could drop off the old earrings and pick the reset a few hours later. The new settings are much more comfortable to wear and much easier to take on/off. I could not be happier - just wish I had done this two years ago before the screw-back posts chewed up my ears.

ear_6.jpg

side_56.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I/SI GIA EX3 .61 and .62 from IDJ. They are 5.41 and 5.42 respectively. Looked at some super ideals but all were higher colors. If I get into the 1.5+ range I will likely go to super ideal cuts.

I prefer lower colors though not only for affordability in larger sizes ( I think Y. was hesitant to go any lower...lol) but also as a matter of preference. But these are pretty and face up quite white. I guess I should go ahead and get that tsavorite pair of stones set if I want color...lol

Anyway I did regular 4-prong with LaPousette backs. No ear shots yet, its been a long 48 hours. These are pics from the day I received them...

this is the third pair :shifty: The last pair is 1tcw OEC with a small culet. appraised as an H color, I think they're closer to J-K. Love them but those chunky facets really weren't well suited for earrings. I may use them as side stones for another project.

My first pair is a .91ctw not the greatest cut (steep/deep) Looks like maybe M-N or lower with brown tint. I really liked them but they were a bit small in the worst setting ever...and I want to get these bezeled in RG. Anyone know who's good with that sort of thing with outside stones?

p1120657.jpg

p1120701.jpg

p1120652.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally have some pics of the darn things on! (those pics are hard as hell to take!)
Like most people I have bathroom lights that turn everything yellowish in pictures.

FYI my hair is a rats nest today. jus sayin...

So why do I feel like I can go bigger all of a sudden ? :think: Part of me thinks 6mm would look fab :shifty: the other part of me says thats too expensive! :silenced: Maybe I should consider some jackets :whistle:

20161028_152622.jpg

20161028_154332.jpg

20161028_154538.jpg

Rika

Rough_Rock
Erica at Love Affair Diamonds matched these beeeeautiful flowery OECs for my new 2 carat bezel studs. 6mm diamonds make for about a 7mm diameter with the bezel setting. They're AMAZING and it seems my dog loves them too as you can see :lol:

bezel_set_old_european_cut_diamond_earrings.jpg

bezel_set_old_european_cut_diamonds.jpg

old_european_diamond_studs.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results