shape
carat
color
clarity

Neiman Marcus pearls

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone bought/looked at pearls at Neiman Marcus? I have had my eye on a few ropes at their last call site that look fairly reasonably priced, but my concern is that the pearl quality might be reflective of this....Belpearl seems to be the brand name.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I understand why you might be concerned. Can you not return things to that site? With pearls it's difficult to know since each one is different.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Returns are definitely possible. It's just with international shipping, duty, and what you lose every time you are doing back and forth currency exchange, it's better to be as sure as possible before ordering anything. Belpearl seems very high end on their website, but it looks like what they produce for Neiman Marcus may be somewhat different than their regular collection. I was just hoping someone might have been curious at some point and looked in the stores. I suspect (as always) it's a case of you get what you pay for...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh I see, you are not in the United States. I would look around the internet and see if there are some photos elsewhere like pinterest or Ebay.

KittieCat

Rough_Rock
Hi cmd2014, I bought my Belpearl Tahitian with GSS and WSS rope 50" from Neiman Marcus. The pearls are lustrous, clean and with circles - I like them. You can see its picture from "What are you wearing today" page 137. Unfortunately I can't take decent pictures from my phone - my camera is at work - but will try to post some pictures after work :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KittieCat|1468304482|4054638 said:
Hi cmd2014, I bought my Belpearl Tahitian with GSS and WSS rope 50" from Neiman Marcus. The pearls are lustrous, clean and with circles - I like them. You can see its picture from "What are you wearing today" page 137. Unfortunately I can't take decent pictures from my phone - my camera is at work - but will try to post some pictures after work :)

Thanks! One of the ones I've been looking at looks very similar to yours. There's a pastel version too that I've been eyeing.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Kittie, That is a very nice necklace! I like the doubled look.

KittieCat

Rough_Rock
Thank you innerkitten, very kind of you :)

KittieCat

Rough_Rock
As promised, I'm posting more pictures. I took them outside trying to catch the natural light but it was already 7:00PM so the pearls might look darker than real life. I apologize for my lack of skills. :(

sdc11748.jpg

sdc11760.jpg

sdc11759.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
KittieCat- I love your Mixed Rope ! That was from NM? Nice placement of the pearls !

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! I appreciate the comparison to your other Tahitians as well. It looks like a beautiful rope. The larger WSS and GSS scattered throughout give it a lot of visual interest (it's what first attracted my attention on the website). They have a lot of interesting designs.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like the mix of colors and sizes in KittieCat's rope.

cmd, Belpearl has a nice website. They seem reputable. If you see something you love at a comfortable price, give them a try.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Posting an update to my last post in case anyone searches and finds this thread

The neiman Marcus pearls were a bust. The Tahitian strand was composed of uniform dull lifeless pearls. They had some dents, which I would have lived with for the price, but they seriously lacked luster

The Tahitians on the other strand were actually quite nice. Lovely color and luster. Not quite round but a nice set of shapes. The moonstone, however, looked really crappy and cheap, almost like cloudy plastic beads. I considered having the Tahitians restrung since the necklace was about $400 and it seemed like good value but just decided to return and try something else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results