Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Got em! They are stunning!!

_37711.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woah! They ARE stunning! The blue opal! So happy for you!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah the custom opal is my favorite. It is soooo glowy.

Will post proper pics and threads later

_37713.jpg

_37714.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

*crystal opal

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, all three are beautiful! But that opal does truly glow, it's definitely a special piece! Congrats on calendar all of them!

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

I have this 2.01ct Merelani Mint Garnet coming to me from Jeff White. I asked for a strong blue secondary and I think he delivered, I will know for certain when I have it in hand. Hopefully the wife likes it, it's going to be a pendant set diagonally in rose gold.

thumbnail_gar003.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GregS|1467904797|4052554 said:
I have this 2.01ct Merelani Mint Garnet coming to me from Jeff White. I asked for a strong blue secondary and I think he delivered, I will know for certain when I have it in hand. Hopefully the wife likes it, it's going to be a pendant set diagonally in rose gold.

thumbnail_gar003.jpg

wow, that's incredible! I love merelanis with blue secondary :) They are like the holy grail and super hard to find. I hope you love it in person!

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you! The color looks incredible on my phone but so so on my laptop. I will have to see it in person.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Got 2 little packages today ("little" because I paid less than $200 for both of them together, which means I just have more $ to set them, right?? :saint: )

1.6 red garnet from Dan Stair, it's about 7.6mm I believe and a Malaya. I told him I wanted a RED stone without the price of a spinel :) and without it being too dark in low light and he delivered! I love it! It does go a bit dark in direct sunlight, but that's a small sacrifice for such a great color at an affordable price.

The 2nd is a .87 blue zircon from Allyce Kosnar (via FB). Couldn't believe how quiet her auctions were this weekend so took a chance on this even though it's much smaller than I usually go for. BUT SO HAPPY I DID! It's a totally different color from my Roger stone--it almost looks like another species altogether. Much lighter and so sparkly!

Collage%202016-07-08%2017_28_03.jpg Collage%202016-07-08%2017_28_30.jpg

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock

GregS do you know if he had any of that rough left?

Love that colour.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GregS, if your wife doesn't like it, please let me know. ;-)

I was actually popping on here to post a mint that will eventually come my way, but was blown away by yours! lol. That cut is TO DIE FOR. I need something in that cut.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for the kind words, I got it today and it's a killer stone. Beautiful pastel green, no off putting yellow or brown, just bluish green.

He most likely does have more Merelani Mint rough, I didn't ask but his wording indicated that he had several pieces.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Feel free to start your own thread with lots of pics, Greg. :)

He said that was a special piece of old stock rough. He does have more mint rough, but not the same. You scored! :)

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock

Some handshots are in order at the very least...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GregS|1468116658|4053805 said:
Thank you for the kind words, I got it today and it's a killer stone. Beautiful pastel green, no off putting yellow or brown, just bluish green.

He most likely does have more Merelani Mint rough, I didn't ask but his wording indicated that he had several pieces.

WE NEED PICS! I'm so excited for you (but also suuuuper jealous! :mrgreen: )

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

greg: what a magnificent stone!!! Such a pefect bluish green :love: Please post your own pics of the stone :appl:

lovedogs: beautiful new stones. I love them both! Any ideas on how you will set them?

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks again for the kind words, here are a couple quick pictures. They pictures are inverted for some reason and look true to life on my phone, but again look rough (yellowish) on my laptop. In diffused natural light it is a cool mint green.

20160710_133344_1.jpg

20160710_133349.jpg

20160710_133229.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Greg: I can definitely see the blue and green in the stone--it's incredible even in the quick pics. Happy for you and your wife!!!! :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You definitely hit the jackpot GregS! :love: I have been looking for a mint garnet with that color and saturation for a year! Congratulations on a fantastic find!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

GregS stunning stone congrats.
Lovedogs great find at a great price, nice work.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GregS's mint stopped me in my tracks that I didn't look back at all I missed.

Beautiful rings Making the Grade...the leuco garnet caught my eye immediately and is beautiful as are the others.
Love your stack combination ilovegemstones...I need to get more creative in stacking rings together.
And lovedogs, you did very well too. I love garnets and Dan always does a great job....great pick up on the auction!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade|1467812220|4052036 said:
Yeah the custom opal is my favorite. It is soooo glowy.
Wow, love the glow. It looks like the ocean glittering when the sunshine dances on the waves.

GregS|1467904797|4052554 said:
What a beauty. Lucky, lucky wife!

Lovedogs,
Drop pendant with the 2 stones as shown?

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

Greg what a cool and cooling green. Reminds me that I have an afghan tourmaline that needs to see the light of day! I'm sure your wife will be very happy to see it!

Lovedogs WHAT a pretty garnet! and that sparkling zircon, too. What are your plans? :appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="Chrono

Lovedogs,
Drop pendant with the 2 stones as shown?[/quote]

Before seeing the picture- just looking at the description, I would have never thought...but yes! Seeing the two stones together like they are- they are lovely together! A pendant - my vote yes!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

makingthegrade - lovely x 3! Beautiful!

gregs - Beautiful stone - gives me the blues and the greens. Great find.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I have been hunting for a red zircon. This is my new baby.
new_zircon.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1468353598|4054841 said:
I have been hunting for a red zircon. This is my new baby.
new_zircon.jpg

Lovely, Vesper! Where did you find it? Red zircon is a great (and under appreciated, IMHO) stone!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

@lovedogs I work across the street from an amazing jeweler who specializes in colored stones. I saw it in the case and he let me buy the stone without the setting. I am going to pick it up after work today and then I need to figure out what to do with it. I feel a bit like I robbed him leaving the setting. :lol:

I can't help myself. I tried this ring on today.
yellow_0.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1468356132|4054864 said:
@lovedogs I work across the street from an amazing jeweler who specializes in colored stones. I saw it in the case and he let me buy the stone without the setting. I am going to pick it up after work today and then I need to figure out what to do with it. I feel a bit like I robbed him leaving the setting. :lol:

I can't help myself. I tried this ring on today.
yellow_0.jpg

haha don't feel bad--you are lucky you live so close to a jeweler! I'm jealous, but my walled is probably grateful :D

Also PLEASE say you took some handshots of that incredible ring! It's huge and colorful and beautiful!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

@lovedogs He has dogs at his shop so I go in at lunch to play with them. It really is a Vesper trap. I picked up my zircon today. I am so excited. Now I need to figure out what I am going to do with it and what color gold to use.
new_red_zircon_2.jpg
Oh yes. I tried it on. It took all of my self control not to sprint out of the shop.

unnamed__2__9.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results