shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new Victor Canera Masterpiece - Emilya Halo meets GOG H&A

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Re: My new Victor Canera Masterpiece - Emilya Halo meets GOG

Susimooooo! Long time no see. Your ring is beautiful! I love the delicate halo. I bet it sparkles like crazy. The stone looks much bigger than 1.7. I thought it must be 2.20. It's partly the halo and partly your small finger. Anyway, it's stunning!

Are you still wearing your Links topaz drops? Did I tell you that I got some too? I like 'em.

Glowstone

Rough_Rock

Absolutely gorgeous!! Would you please share the size of the melees in the halo and the width of the halo? Thanks!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Glowstone|1466813474|4047861 said:
Absolutely gorgeous!! Would you please share the size of the melees in the halo and the width of the halo? Thanks!

Glowstone, the halo is made by Victor Canera. The thread below accumulates his pieces.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/

Susimoo might actually know the size, but when you have Victor make a halo, you just need to trust him. If you are going to try to copy it exactly, good luck. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just that if you want that quality of a halo, you will need to ask him, Steven Kirsch, a select few more, to make it. Attempts to copy by local jewelers have not turned out well.

I suggest going through the thread as a first start. Click on the links to each PSer's SMTB threads. Then come back with questions.

Linny

Shiny_Rock
Hi Susi,
I know this is an old thread but wondered if you are still on here! I am planning on doing an Emilya (with a cushion halo) and am debating between a 1.7 and 1.8 ct. center stone. My finger is about. 4.5 (a hair smaller). The stone dimensions for the 1.7 are around 7.7mm and the 1.8 are around 7.8mm. I think you said yours was a 1.7ct RB and that your finger size was similar to mine? I’m wondering if you have more hand shots I could see since I loved the finger coverage of yours! Since you’ve had it for a while now, if you were me, would you do the 1.7 or 1.8 carat? Thank you so much in advance for any help!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Linny
I just found your message.
Thank you for your lovely comments. My ring size is 4.5 and my 1.7 RB is 7.7mm.

I’d go with the diamond that makes your heart sing, taking into account all aspects (color etc). I’m not sure that visually you’d see much difference between a 1.7 and a 1.8 once haloed. So choose the best diamond for you,
If I get the chance I’ll try and take some pictures for you. Is there something in particular you want to see?

I still love my ring. It’s still the most beautiful thing I own. Victor is an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to work with. I am forever grateful to him and his team for all that he has done for me!

Linny

Shiny_Rock
Oh you make me so excited and thank you for your thoughts! I am going to see 4-5 CBI stones that Wink has kindly offered to send to a local retailer for me to see this upcoming Wednesday. I’ve been heavily researching super-ideals from WF, BG, VC, and several of his perfectly meet my criteria so I’m so excited to see several side by side. I think my jaw might drop since I’ve never seen this quality of a cut. And then I can’t wait for VC to set it. I’ve been in contact already and I’m very excited to wait for his mastery and he sounds so wonderful to work with. THANK you for your insight! I’ll let you know what I see on Wednesday! I’m practically counting the hours!

Oh yeah and only if it’s not too much trouble I’d love to see a few hand shots to get a sense of finger coverage since we have about the same size finger and I’m looking at similar sized stones as yours. But only if it’s not too much trouble!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results