carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Congrats Blacksand!

I am still here:) We are TTC #3 (our second pregnancy as our oldest joined our family through adoption). It took us 4 years to get pregnant last time, so who knows what will happen this time...we've been charting/trying for about a year this time but haven't ever used any birth control so I guess we've been intermittently TTC for longer than that.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

DH: In exasperated voice "You peed on a stick this morning?!"
Me: In a defeated voice "Yeah, I know, it's negative right?"
DH: In an incredulous voice "No, it has two lines!"

excited, terrified, and praying that a new baby will be joining us in early February!

this is almost the exact same due date/timing as DS#2:)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bella_mezzo|1465052421|4040121 said:

excited, terrified, and praying that a new baby will be joining us in early February!

Holy crap congratulations! Wishing you a smooth and healthy pregnancy!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bella_mezzo|1465052421|4040121 said:

Congratulations!!! :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

thanks Asscher and Laila, the lines look a lot lighter today, so I am not sure if this is sticking around. We'll see what tomorrow holds.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I got laid off on Friday. All of our infertility treatment money we had been saving is now money for unemployment supplementation. Sometimes it feels like I'll never be pregnant again :(sad

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bella, thinking of you and hoping those lines are getting darker. If not, I'm so sorry, but the silver lining is that you did get pregnant. Hang in there my friend.

RT, I'm sorry, that really sucks. I hope you find new employment really quickly and can start saving up again.

AFM, I'm going back and forth, back and forth, whether I'll ever be TTC again. And actually, I wouldn't really be TTC in the traditional sense because my decision is whether to do another FET with our remaining two embryos of unknown quality. We've struggled a lot with one of our twin's health issues, so DH is leaning toward thinking we've got all that we can handle. But something in me tells me I'm not quite done yet. I'm 35, so I want to make that decision soon....

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

thanks MP-the good news (I guess) is that I used up my tests with the first ones, so I have to wait until my new tests arrive tomorrow from Amazon. I am not going to break down and buy an overpriced drugstore test...I am determined...I think....:)

You have so much on your plate with N's medical issues (and with having twins in general:) but I totally empathize with the tough decision over FET. I know that you feel the clock ticking (I am turning 38 this summer and feel the same urgency) but maybe in another 6-12 months you could reevaluate? It seems that N just got home and still needs a great deal of time and attention and your family needs to heal from the very real trauma of the past year of illnesses and hospital stays. You and your DH may feel very differently in a year once N has had some time to get stronger, meet more developmental milestones, and your family has been more knit together in the daily routine of everyone being at home. Much love as you figure out the best next steps for your family!

RT-I'm sorry, that sucks! Hope that you find something new that is an even better fit soon.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RT, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been laid off. Hopefully new employment is just around the corner.

Bella, what wonderful news! Hoping for a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby.

MP, what a difficult decision! I think you'll ultimately know what's right for your family. Age 35 was a cut off for me personally (in terms of making a decision about any more kids) but I've had friends who decided to wait longer (or were forced to wait longer) and have no regrets. One of my best friends has a 21 year old, 8 year old and is pregnant with another due in August. She's 39. I know that the uncertainty of your daughter's future needs makes it more complicated.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Bella, I was so excited when I read your post about taking the test. I am keeping everything crossed for you that you have a sticky bean. Wishing you the best!! (and hoping that if this one does stick, this pregnancy is easier on you!)

RT, I can't imagine how emotionally exhausted you must feel after the up-and-down roller coaster you've been on recently. I really hope you are able to find something soon!

MP, I always love reading your posts. I know how much you've been through (and are still going through). I can imagine you must go through a variety of emotions every day. Exhaustion from taking care of an active preschooler and infant twins...especially N. Having the two remaining embryos in the back of your mind. And of course the age factor. You probably change your mind about what to do all the time, but it sounds like if something is telling you you're not quite done, then that feeling will probably grow with time. That first year is so tough, even when you have a completely healthy singleton. As you find a little more balance in life, that door might feel like it's opening a little wider. If you were to try again, would you just do the 2 remaining embryos?

I have to admit that I've struggled a little with turning 35 (which happened last month). As you know, I am content with having 2 and being done, but D would still like to try for a 3rd. I don't want to completely shut him down, but have been hoping that in time either I would feel the urge to have one more or he would start to re-think starting over now that our youngest is getting older and life is getting easier. I hadn't been feeling much pressure, but suddenly I feel like we need to make this decision now. I'm trying to relax about it since nothing is really any different than it was before I turned 35, but I'm surprised at how pressured I suddenly feel. I'm actually a bit frustrated about it.

Thinking of you all tons!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bella, fingers still tightly crossed for you! You have much more patience than me. I am the first to admit I was always a complete and utter psycho when it came to pregnancy tests. I don't even want to know how much I have spent on those dang things over the past 5 years! But seriously, I'm really pulling for you. You're right that now seems like not the bet time to even be contemplating this decision because we are far from being out of the woods with N. But like I just said, I'm not a patient person, and I always obsess over things like this until I make a decision.

Pupp, I think it's great when people can have children when they are older - I saw this morning that Savannah Guthrie is pregnant again at 44! But my body wasn't even capable of getting pregnant at 29/30 when I first started trying, so that is definitely not in the cards for me. I'm in a weird place where I get sad at the thought of not being pregnant again or having another newborn, but I'm also kind of over the baby stage and ready to move on to the toddler/preschool age and beyond. It's so weird I'm even conflicted when I think about it. There were times that I thought I'd be lucky to just have one or even two kids. Maybe I'm just crazy!

NEL, great to hear from you. I wish I had that sense that I'd be happy being done. But I know it must be really hard knowing your DH would like another one. Hopefully, one of you will be swayed to the other side soon. I feel like it's one of those decisions that the person who is done having kids will get the final say. It kind of has to be that way. DH and I were just discussing Savannah Guthrie's decision not to go Olympics because of the Zika situation (which I wholeheartedly agree with), and I asked him, if he'd ruled out having another baby, and he said, "Well, no, not if Savannah can do it at her age." So not really an endorsement of the idea, but it makes me think he is not as against the idea as I have been perceiving. But it probably depends on the day. Last night, all three of our kids were having meltdowns during dinner time, and we just looked at each other and shook our heads and wondered what we have gotten ourselves into. See, I'm completely crazy to even be considering my options!!! Oh, and yes, if I did try again, it would be just to use the embryos we have. If not for them, I'd be completely done at this point. I'm definitely n ot considering any further fertility treatments. The thought of even go back to the RE's office kind of makes me want to throw up.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

After looking at how long my post was, I just had to say sorry for threadjacking here! I try to keep up with this thread in case I can ever offer any suggestions or encouragement and then congratulations, but I try not to say too much because I realize how lucky I am to have had three little ones, even though it certainly wasn't easy!

I'm pulling for all of you - April, Bella and RT and others!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Promise to keep this short, but I had to laugh when you said all three were crazy last night. I was going to say the same thing, but ended up deleting it because my post was already really long. I take kickboxing on Monday nights (which I only started when C turned 2 because life was a little too crazy before then), so D is in charge for an hour, which is mostly the bath and bedtime routine. I got home the house was a wreck, then I heard K upstairs refusing to let D brush her teeth, so I knew it was probably a trying evening. After we got the girls to bed and we were cleaning up downstairs, I said "you really want a third?" and he laughed and said it was a bad time to ask him. Then this morning when I dropped them off at daycare, the babysitter's 3-month-old grandson was there and they were so sweet and gentle that my ovaries ached. Anyway, just saying that I definitely feel that back-and-forth at times!

Okay, I'm bowing out, but still love following this thread!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Bella, I hope you get better test lines today!

RT: I'm sorry to hear you've been laid off. That sucks. I can imagine it's completely frustrating to feel like you've been pushed back ten steps.

I'm sitting her at CD27 and nothin'. My temps have been holding steady in the high 96's for the most part. I almost thought I might have O'd and was bummed because when I put in dummy temps to see where crosshairs would land, we would have missed the window. My temp dropped again though, so I'm still waiting. I'm up slightly today and felt like I could maybe be O'ing, but who knows. Things are all wonky with me still BF'ing several times a day. I'm just trying not to get frustrated and I'm focusing on the fact that I'm still trying to lose weight and every week I don't O is another week I've lost weight.... I finally lost all the baby weight plus about 4 lbs so now I'm losing weight that was 100% my fault. Ha.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Thanks ladies. Hopefully my tests will arrive today. I looked at the old tests again and realized the whole test window is a darker color on the first test, so I don't necessarily think my lines are darker as compared to my other tests. AF has not shown up, I am exhausted and ravenous, and my abs feel like I have done about 1000 sit-ups (all of which I had when first pregnant with E) so I am trying to relax and hope for the best.

MP-it's all an illusion really:) I am so not patient and totally obsess until I make a decision too. If I could, I would probably hook myself up to a constant hormone check/ultrasound to see what was happening real time (and ideally fast forward it!), but...I am trying to stay as calm as I can.

E is a VERY spirited, passionate 2 year old and my 7 year old B has some special learning challenges and other needs, and we are moving and DH is starting medical school, so DH and I are frequently looking at each other like "are we ready for this?" But we are so excited and really hope this little one joins our family in 2017!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Things are looking good..digi says "pregnant" and the FR got a nice line today. I think I am 14 dpo today. Cycles are kind of irregular lately, so could be anywhere from 12-16 dpo.

I had so much anxiety (and awful, awful nausea/hyperemesis) when pregnant with E. I am going to enjoy this as much as I can right now.

imag1073.jpg

imag1076.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

In the first pic you can see the progression (though they are a little darker in person). You can also see the darker whole window on the first test. In the first pic the 6/7 test was taken after less than 1 minute--I was just so happy to see the line. He second pic was the 6/7 test after 5 minutes.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :appl: :appl: Yay!! Congrats Bella!! Such wonderful news!! Happy and healthy 8.5 months to you!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh, Bella!! So excited for you!! Continuing to keep my fingers crossed! CONGRATS!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Yay, Bella!!! I had a good feeling about this. Grow, baby, grow!!!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I think I'm going to take a break from this thread for awhile. It's just too hard emotionally. I wish I could just get pregnant naturally, even with being laid off it would be welcome. I'm not sure IVF will ever be in the cards for us financially and adoption is much less money in Colorado so I think I might spend some more time looking into that. Baby dust to all of you!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Sorry things have been so hard for you, RT. I will you keep you in my prayers that you have another little one come into your life.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Guys, is this OPK positive or close to positive? I had what felt like O pains last night and got some action in. Temp is 96.59 today (96.53 yesterday), though both temps were taken 1/2 hr early thanks to DD waking up then. This is the darkest line I've ever seen on a Wondfo OPK.
678b8dd0b70de62ad942d3bbf747a273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

April, that looks near positive to me. Sounds like your timing was good. I'd take another opk tonight or tomorrow morning to see if it's even darker. And try to get more BDing in over the next few days. Good luck!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Thanks! No way am I going to get any in tonight. We're old and he's tired. :) Maybe I can tomorrow night......

April20

Ideal_Rock

Oh. I also looked at t again after I took this pic and it dried even a tad bit darker. CD29 here and really hoping I O. Even if it's just to get back to a more normal pattern.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

April that looks pretty close to positive for me. I am a huge fan of the smiley face OPKs though as my Wondfos tend to hover on near positive for a long time. This cycle I just used 2 smiley face OPKs, but in the past I would use wondfos throughout and then when it looked close to positive would use the smiley face to double check. I found that super helpful! Good luck!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Here's the progression. Yesterday am on top, afternoon in middle and just now on bottom. My temp is up to 96.93. I put in a few fake temps to see where crosshairs land and it says today.
b051aaae27f6b7aba69ad05713fcfcf6.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

I started bleeding today, bright red, and got a negative HPT, so pretty sure I am miscarrying...I am just 5 weeks along, do I need to call my Dr? What should I expect?

April20

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Are you RH-? If so you need to go in for a rhogam shot. Otherwise I wouldn't go in unless the bleeding gets super heavy or lasts more than a week or so. I bled for about five days with my last m/c.

Be gentle with yourself, though I know that can be easier said than done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results