shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Brazilian Paraiba halo ring from Yvonne Raley is here!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Re: My Brazilian Paraiba halo ring from Yvonne Raley is here

Mochiko, I love your style! Another beautiful addition to your collection! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Speechless. :love: :love: :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Wow! Your new ring turned out beautifully! :appl: :appl: :appl: I love everything about it! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: :love: :love: Loving the new photos mochiko, thank you! GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. :love:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Amazing :bigsmile:

Vampira

Rough_Rock

It's gorgeous!! And I love the sweet pics with the little ceramic kitties, too. ^^

briolette

Shiny_Rock

That is like, one of the most stunning rings I've ever seen on here. Period! Drop dead gorgeous!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No don't stop posting pictures Mochiko42.. these are just gorgeous, beautiful.. stunning..

:love: :love:

mochiko42|1461849983|4024563 said:
Thank you Catmom, yennyfire, pinkjewel, DandT,canuk-girl Sharon, diamondseeker, lovesvintage, and Crystal24k!! :)

The light was finally a bit nicer today (it stopped raining!), so I managed to get a few nice photos (can you see the reflection of the buildings in the center cab? :bigsmile: ) OK I'll stop posting so many photos... for now. :wavey:

With its shabby-chic Mozambique cousin
mrsbox1_0.jpg

A few glamor shots in the Mrs Box
mrsbox.jpg mrsbox2_0.jpg mrsbox3_0.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock

I agree! More pics more pics more pics!
It looks like I'm looking into the ocean

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel said:
Love your new photos!! I also ordered a Mrs. Box type box for my camellia!! These little flower rings just seem to need them :lol: Love the color of yours- mine is much lighter and more of a tiffany blue.

Thanks pinkjewel! It's so awesome we have sister rings from Yvonne. I love your new paraiba camellia ring, it is exactly what I would have done if I had gone the more colorful route.. I think it's so cool we can share photos of our rings and see the similarities and differences! I would have loved to have gone with hauynite but I am not so bold at heart and my personal style if too laid-back, I didn't think I could pull it off so I went with diamond instead. I look forward to enjoying your ring through your photos!! :love:

I have a couple of Mrs Boxes (pictured here, it's the Windemere and the Victoire) and also a grey one from Weft and Whimsy on Etsy. I just saw that Mrs Box released some new colors, I'm really digging the lavender one but not sure if I need another $75 box..

Chrono said:
mochiko42|1461648882|4023635 said:
Also, a big thank you to everyone on the Colored Stones forum for fuelling my Paraiba obsession and for sharing beautiful eyecandy and ideas. ::)

And I am thrilled to find more pictures of your new ring here and you are welcome (for succumbing to the Paraiba pressure). I was looking all over PS for it and you know I rarely peek over here unless whacked over the head and dragged here. It is so classy, clean, and huge!
Glad you made it over, Chrono! :lol: I think you started a trend with your paraiba flower ring..
Since this ring is so big, the size is already a statement; so I wanted to keep it simple with only two colors (paraiba and white metal & diamond melee), so it would still be wearable even though I have a very casual lifestyle. I didn't want to have a too bold or too colorful cocktail ring that I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing, because fancy cocktail parties and black tie events are just not part of my social calendar. :lol:

rayt2688 said:
Love the color!
KaeKae said:
It's just stunning!
ajane5524 said:
Absolutely love this! :love:
mr148th said:
This color is amazing.
pinkgem2522 said:
Wow I wish I had this ring!
Vampira said:
It's gorgeous!! And I love the sweet pics with the little ceramic kitties, too. ^^
briolette said:
That is like, one of the most stunning rings I've ever seen on here. Period! Drop dead gorgeous!
Tekate said:
No don't stop posting pictures Mochiko42.. these are just gorgeous, beautiful.. stunning..
:love: :love:
HegemonyCricket said:
Mochiko, I love your style! Another beautiful addition to your collection! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Lovinggems said:
Speechless. :love: :love: :love:
Rockinruby said:
Wow! Your new ring turned out beautifully! :appl: :appl: :appl: I love everything about it! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations! :clap:
missy said:
:love: :love: :love: Loving the new photos mochiko, thank you! GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. :love:
LJsapphire2304 said:
Thank you everyone for the comments. I'm so glad I can share my excitement with you!! :love:
Vampira, the cat figurines are from Japan. The large one is an incense burner from Kyoto and the others are from a 'dollar store' equivalent in Tokyo. :) I'm such a cat lady; I have two very spoiled fat and lazy kitties.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aaaah, I realized I had to update with some handshots where I actually had a mani and some nail varnish... *feeling a little embarrassed for the 'naked' hand shots I posed before..not glamorous enough for the ring! :lol: :oops:

The side profile of the ring fascinates me, it reminds me of a ballerina's tutu.

Handshots
shade.jpg hand3_0.jpg hand2_0.jpg hand1_4.jpg

Faux art still life :razz:
shells.jpg oillamp.jpg

Comparison with other tourmaline and other blue-green or copper-bearing gems:
- emerald cut is non-copper-bearing Afghan tourmaline
- the faceted oval is a green Mozambique cuprian tourmaline
- oval cab in yg is copper-bearing gem silica cabochon
20160430_145343.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh so pretty--love the turquoise colors and the matching nails! :love: :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely breathtaking! I love everything about this piece. Just stunning. :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The color reminds me of the beautiful turquoise water off Bermuda. :love: mesmerizing ring!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I need to comment on here (already did on CS), and reiterate how much I adore this ring! And the pic with your blue nails is just perfection! I'm so thrilled at the outcome, and happy you are loving it! :love: :love:

Vampira

Rough_Rock

mochiko42|1462067486|4025665 said:
Comparison with other tourmaline and other blue-green or copper-bearing gems:
- emerald cut is non-copper-bearing Afghan tourmaline
- the faceted oval is a green Mozambique cuprian tourmaline
- oval cab in yg is copper-bearing gem silica cabochon
20160430_145343.jpg

:o They're all so pretty! Especially love the E-W emerald cut. :lickout:

I have a spoiled older traditional Siamese, myself. Card-carrying cat lady over here, too!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko42,

Perhaps I missed this part, where did you get your Paraiba from, it's lovely and I would love to find one that color?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

autumngems|1462463452|4027663 said:
Mochiko42,

Perhaps I missed this part, where did you get your Paraiba from, it's lovely and I would love to find one that color?

Hi autumngems, the ring and all the stones are from Yvonne Raley on Etsy. She sells both loose stones and melee as well as settings, so you can opt to have your ring designed by her or someone else. She currently has some nice Paraiba and hauynite on her site which have gorgeous color.. I have to stop myself from splurging on another paraiba ring from Yvonne! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the new pics, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock

This ring is truly a work of art, mochiko! :love: :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Love that GLOW ! :love: :love:

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade

WHOA that's a stunning ring! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Those prongs around the cabochon are tdf too! Maybe I've been watching too much Game of Thrones lately, but it reminds me of a beautiful dragon egg :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results