shape
carat
color
clarity

A small black blemish on my VVS2

ukvg2005

Rough_Rock
Hi all

I am nearly about to buy a VVS2 F 1.7 carat for $20,000. It seems like a very good stone, GIA certified, triple ex , fluorescence is none, table 58%, depth 61.7%, there is a small cloud / pinpoint on the table. My jeweller here took a while to spot the pinpoint through his magnifying lens, he did how ever find the blemish when he looked at it from behind through his lens. He thinks it is a v.good stone but the blemish is small black spot rather than white cloud as originally being sold by the diamond trader. All else, he thinks it is a very good stone at a very good price

I am not confused now if I should be buying a stone with a small black blemish or to wait for another stone which has some blemish but not a black one.

Please advise!

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
Inclusions are such personal preference. I think you have to decide whether or not you're happy with the inclusion. In a VVS2 I personally probably would not care much what the inclusion was.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a small grain of "pepper" in my stone. It only shows from the side with a scope. I love how easy it is to confirm it's mine, when I have any work done on it!! - I mean I trust my jeweler, but it does go out to be transported to his bench and all. I know it's silly, but I always just look.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
In a VVS2 should you see anything at all, especially if you're a layperson? Is it identified in the plotting of the stone? That would pretty much free me out. Sorry. I don't want to care you. Just me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results