shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of K color MRB's in YG setting w WG and YG prongs?

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Trying to determine if a really well-cut K color MRB will look best in a YG ring setting with a white mounting head or a yellow mounting head? Would love pics if anyone has any to compare. This will be for a diamond about 0.75 carat. Thank you!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on what you'd rather see... If you want it to appear whiter, set it in white metal prongs. To play up its warmth, set in YG prongs. [emoji1360]

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a last resort, if you can't find many examples I always go over to JA and do the Engagement Ring pulldown. On the far right
corner of the box that pops up there is an Inspiration Gallery link. Click on that and then filter on Yellow Gold. You can see
some "K"s with white heads and some "K"s with yellow gold heads.

I cant give you a link to the popup window because you have to do the pulldown but here is a link to the main menu.

https://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/all-settings/

Here are a few I found there...I dont know why but I like the yellow gold prongs better but most folks go with white gold/plat.

k_with_white_gold_prongs.png

k_with_gold_prongs.png

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Very helpful, thank you everyone! I hadn't realized that feature was there on JA, good to know!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a MRB, but here's my K colored AVR in yellow gold with white metal (platinum) prongs.

img_11793.jpg

img_11794.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results