shape
carat
color
clarity

Tourist Island Where You Can Cuddle Puppies On The Beach

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
There Is An Island Where You Can Cuddle Puppies On The Beach Or Even Adopt Them

There’s an archipelago in the Caribbean where white sandy beaches and turquoise waters come together with adorable potcake puppies, a mixed-breed dog found in the region. That’s right, you can play with and maybe even adopt a potcake puppy while on vacation on the islands of Turks & Caicos. Potcake Place K9 Rescue, run by Jane Parker-Rauw, is there to make it happen.
There’s not a single shelter on the islands, so the volunteer-based organization has been rescuing stray puppies and caring for them since 2005. The volunteers foster the potcakes until their forever home is found. Tourists interested in adoption receive a kit with food and other necessities for the dog so that they can socialize with the pups as naturally as possible. The rescue cares for about 50-70 dogs at once and adopts about 500 pups per year. More info: potcakeplace.com

http://www.boredpanda.com/rescue-dog-island-potcake-place-turks-and-caicos/

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE THIS!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in! :appl: Anyone want to join me on a cuddle the puppies trip? :love: :love: :love:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you clear USA Custom with the pup? How much does it cost to fly the dog home? Is there a quarantine?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next PS GTG should be this!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1461585366|4023296 said:
I'm in! :appl: Anyone want to join me on a cuddle the puppies trip? :love: :love: :love:
Umm... Heck... YEAH! The puppies are of a breed called potcake?!?!? Ok that is too awesome and I am just picturing my neighbors' faces as I explain to them that this is a potcake pup, and no I am not going to eat it.

Wiki says they grow to be 25-60 lbs. that's a lovely medium sized dog!

Oh, and I am dying to meet you, Missy!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
The Potcakes of T&C are adorable :) My hubby and I have been to Providenciales quite a few times and I've seen many tourists with their "adopt a potcake for a day" on the beach taking a stroll. I'm not sure what the costs are to get them back to the US but it is quite a common thing to do and seems like it's not too much hassle. T&C islands do not have rabies in mammals so I don't know if quarantine is necessary. There's several rescue organizations on Provo and one has a location right in the Salt Mills shops, I believe they do the adopt for a day there (right across from Grace Bay Beach).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1461639872|4023595 said:
missy|1461585366|4023296 said:
Umm... Heck... YEAH! The puppies are of a breed called potcake?!?!? Ok that is too awesome and I am just picturing my neighbors' faces as I explain to them that this is a potcake pup, and no I am not going to eat it.

Wiki says they grow to be 25-60 lbs. that's a lovely medium sized dog!

Oh, and I am dying to meet you, Missy!

Me too Pinto! And add puppies to the mix and it would be a memorable and wonderful meeting for sure. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results