shape
carat
color
clarity

CVB LAD Communication?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone else having lack of communication from either?

I'm waiting on the Riviera Band and its been (now 15 weeks so far)
I am by no means a high maintenance customer. All I want is a realistic time line, which was missed about three times now.
I have been a member of this board for quite sometime and have worked with many many PS vendors and on PS vendors.
I don't come on here to post my grievance this is my first (other than a not so great experience at local jeweler), as my few emails have not been answered or addressed. I have paid in full, already and I am at this point sad that I will miss yet another special occasion to wear this band :blackeye:

I have worked with Caysie before when she was first new to PS, turn around time 3 weeks - Amazing communication throughout! completely custom modern ring, 2nd time, was the Alexandria band, took a little longer than expected -completely missed my birthday, when I specifically asked if it will be ready and now this Riviera band, and it will most likely be my last working with them, Unfortunately.

Anyone else feel my pain? I'm just beyond frustrated - Please don't tell me something will be done within 8 weeks now 15 weeks.

..... Edited.... Just received a response :roll: immediately after this posting (email hosting issue) -unfortunately I did send out two emails in two weeks. :sick:

SunnyDelta

Rough_Rock
Well I'm glad it was an email hosting issue for you.....I was not so lucky. My project with them took FOREVER and was BEYOND frustrating. Good luck!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently working with Caysie on my new setting, and she has been wonderful -- great communication. But I can totally understand being frustrated about it. I can't wait to see your new CVB beauty!! (hopefully very soon) ;))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh No Sunny- I hope you got something beautiful out of it :?:

I think its more the promise and lack of delivery/acknowledgement of emails. When I email to ask "Please provide status?" and I get a response "will check on it, and get back to you" a week later, I still haven't heard a peep, then I have to ask again about status... "remember you'd get back to me?" and I get a response back "band will be done soon" that was in mid March ;(

Anyhoo, supposedly it will be done this week, but I've heard that before.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1461616045|4023475 said:
I'm currently working with Caysie on my new setting, and she has been wonderful -- great communication. But I can totally understand being frustrated about it. I can't wait to see your new CVB beauty!! (hopefully very soon) ;))

can't wait to see it. No doubt the end product will be beautiful :love:

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Funny - I wrote LAD last week with a basic question and haven't heard back. Maybe they are super busy?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fulvia|1461616321|4023479 said:
Funny - I wrote LAD last week with a basic question and haven't heard back. Maybe they are super busy?

here is what I have noticed:

When I write an email that says I'm ready to buy... I get a pretty quick email response back.

When I write to ask about resizing cost on a ring that I have am selling that they made, I Had no response, luckily my go to jeweler responded and turned around the ring internationally very quickly with great results. Basic questions, I do not receive a response for, but honestly when I'm ready to buy, its a quick one.

Hopefully that's just a coincidence.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't know what your question pertains to, but I always contact Caysie via FB Messenger. She may take a day (sometimes two) but she always gets back with me.

FWIW, I had an issue with my email and LAD... It was worked out, but took three tries. ::)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandT|1461616168|4023478 said:
msop04|1461616045|4023475 said:

can't wait to see it. No doubt the end product will be beautiful :love:

Thank you -- I'm super excited about it! :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandT|1461616821|4023483 said:

here is what I have noticed:

When I write an email that says I'm ready to buy... I get a pretty quick email response back.

When I write to ask about resizing cost on a ring that I have am selling that they made, I Had no response, luckily my go to jeweler responded and turned around the ring internationally very quickly with great results. Basic questions, I do not receive a response for, but honestly when I'm ready to buy, its a quick one.

Hopefully that's just a coincidence.

It may just be a coincidence... I've had similar questions regarding resizing my band (not CVB/LAD), and Caysie has been very prompt in her responses. I do think they are very busy these days though, which will always slow down responses sometimes. :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is not cool. I have had a lot of vendors drop the ball with communication. Maybe they need to hire another employee to keep up.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm having a hard time with DK.....have him sourcing a stone for me and the communication is far and inbetween. :confused:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jetmal|1461619931|4023492 said:
I'm having a hard time with DK.....have him sourcing a stone for me and the communication is far and inbetween. :confused:

Jetmal - I would recommend you call and leave a message referencing your email. After a couple of emails, I would call him. Hope that helps - Really excited to see your OEC!

edit... I just noticed LAD has a phone number...but I was always communicate with Caysie....

Laila619 said:
That is not cool. I have had a lot of vendors drop the ball with communication. Maybe they need to hire another employee to keep up.

You know typically I wouldn't bother with a vendor after a couple of emails, BUT in this case I already paid, so I'm invested now :(sad and after hearing other horror stories with other Etsy vendors, I just get worried when your money is being held hostage.. :devil: and no communication or little to vague communication coming your way.

This is probably a sign for me to stop commissioning anymore pieces anyways :lol: :???:
Thanks everyone :wavey: I will await the results. Honestly, PS was my last resort, but I did get a response today.

susief

Shiny_Rock
If they are too busy to respond to reasonable communication with existing customers, they shouldn't be taking on more. That's just basic manners.

Maybe there are personal circumstances, IT issues, who knows. They are a business and that's their problem to fix, not yours.

Hope you get resolution soon and thank you for posting this. I looked into working with LAD once (internationally) and it is always helpful to have the full picture.

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock
Yes I've had similar communication issues with lad. I was told my emails were going into her spam folder, but then she told me she would get back to me 'tonight' and then didn't hear back for 4 more days. Now I don't mind if it takes 4 days to research an answer, but don't tell me 'tonight' and then not update me, kwim? Always err on the cautious side, then if it takes less time, your customer is pleasantly surprised (I learned that working for a high end clothing catalogue in college lol). At the least, follow up and tell the customer it is taking longer than expected and give a new eta. Granted my experience has been with a design inquiry and not an order, but it did not impress me.

With cvb, I have contacted her with inquiries via Etsy messaging a couple of times and her communication has been prompt and reliable (once a day) thus far.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also use FB messaging with Caysie during a project and almost always hear back from her within a day. I have also messaged Erica from her Love Affair Diamonds fb page.

I will just say from working with Caysie more than once, she has more than one bench and sometimes one of the benches gets behind. It is not that she is taking on too much work, but she can't control if the bench does. I am sure Caysie and Erica are unhappy with delays as well. I would just strongly recommend reaching out by another method if you aren't getting replies from an email. Almost ever vendor here has missed emails before.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E-mails going into the spam folder is always the excuse. I've gotten that one so many times.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems likely that the multiple means of communication -- Facebook messages via both CvB & LAD, etsy CvB convos, emails (to/from more than one address?), plus phone calls -- are compounding the problems for current and would-be customers.

But someone should get a handle on it all, act as "projects manager", keep tabs on the status of orders, check the Junk/Spam folders-filters manually twice daily (and get the server reconfigured so it does a better job of assigning emails!), take the initiative in keeping customers abreast, etc. Heck, get a student intern or hire a part-time employee to handle these fundamental tasks that will help grow good will & the enterprise.

That one or more of their benches gets behind is understandable since none of the benches is working exclusively for LAD/CvB so they don't have ultimate control over the benches. But that doesn't excuse LAD-CvB's failure to frequently ascertain how the benches are doing and/or the failure to inform customers with orders in the pipeline of the revised ETAs. And yes, they are taking on too much business if orders for designs already in their wheelhouse, like the Riviera band, can't be turned out in 4-6 weeks. When the benches are running behind or CvB is swamped with design projects, be forthright in advising prospective customers to the reality -- before taking a 50% deposit -- so the customer can decide if they are ok with that or would prefer to go elsewhere.

Jewelry is not a life essential that merits 911-type response time (and I never expect a gem-jewelry vendor to respond to me during off business hours; figure they are entitled to down time too). But I doubt any of us work in a place where repeatedly "dropping the ball" is given a pass.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DandT,

My sincerest apologies that you have felt a lack of communication. As soon as I saw your email this afternoon, I pinged Caysie and she mentioned that she had replied to you, so I did not. I am only seeing this thread now, as I don't come onto PS every day - usually just a couple times a week, as I have time.

As Caysie explained to you, we had an issue with the cutting of the french cuts for your band, due to the customized lower profile you requested, resulting in a delay because the stones needed to be sent back for additional cutting. You are currently at 9 weeks of production time (since CAD approval) which, while longer than our usual 6-8 week estimated time frame, is not the 15 weeks you've mentioned in your original post. The ring is scheduled for completion this week, as you know. So we're running about 2 weeks behind our initial estimate, due to the french cut issue, which was communicated to you at the time it happened. Your money is certainly not being "held hostage".

Like most PS jewelers, CvB and I experienced a huge increase in setting orders over a short period of time, so I confess we've had some growing pains and are doing our best to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner. Our production times for some orders grew too long, so we added additional jewelers to better handle the increased volume of orders, but of course vetting new crafts-people takes time to implement. We now have expanded our team of jewelers to better serve our clients, and orders are returning to the usual production window of approx 6 weeks.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Erica,

Thank you taking the time to come on PS. Just to clarify the 15 weeks was when I first emailed and stated it was a go to start the project put my deposit down and one of the first question I had was the height/ rise of the ring which was stated that it would be the 1.8-1.9mm and that was all I had there were no other design changes at all. I left it in yours and Caysies hand but not sure why CADs would take another 2-3 weeks when I had no changes and it is a design in your wheelhouse. I would check in occasionally afterwards for status. First it was a personal issue then a bench issue and now email hosting issues. Then come to find out mid March I get an email stating you had to recut French cuts again to my specification? But remember this was stated at the beginning?

In any case maybe my understanding of your time frame is a little different than what I am now reading here?

I'm glad that things are coming together now but I sure wished you and Caysie would not get my hopes up even in February when I was awaiting for the Alex band to be completed, that it was mentioned this particular band would be completed shortly after.

And to be honest, coming onto PS was my last resort becuase I truly felt like I was not getting any response until now.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The jeweler ordered the french cuts but received stones which were too deep for the lower profile casting. These things sometimes happen - obviously everyone knew that we needed shallower stones, however that's not what was delivered, so we had to send them back to the cutter to be cut further. The lower profile is a customization from the original band.

Production time begins upon CAD approval. CADs took a little while because your job was commissioned during a particularly busy time for us, but CAD's are necessary in order to create the casting. I know it seems that making a setting should be fast, and if yours was our only job it would have been. But much of any jeweler's production time is simply due to jobs which are in the queue ahead of yours, which can change from one week to the next. We do our best to anticipate this when estimating production time, but there are always variables with any setting order.

As with your Alexandria band, you will receive a stunning heirloom quality Riviera band to enjoy. Yes, we are a little behind in delivering it to you, but it will be worth the wait!

SunnyDelta

Rough_Rock
DandT|1461616097|4023476 said:

I think its more the promise and lack of delivery/acknowledgement of emails. When I email to ask "Please provide status?" and I get a response "will check on it, and get back to you" a week later, I still haven't heard a peep, then I have to ask again about status... "remember you'd get back to me?" and I get a response back "band will be done soon" that was in mid March ;(

Thanks DandT,
I eventually did get a ring, but the journey was so extremely stressful that it ruined most of the excitement surrounding our engagement and caused a lot of tension at home. Like you, I also paid in full (upfront) and felt like I was being held hostage by the end of the project. When it comes to lack of communication, missed deadlines, delays, egregious mistakes, and excuses....I experienced and heard it all! It was literally a nightmare.

My take away from the experience is that there are definitely two personalities involved. I rarely communicated with Caysie, but when I did, she was reasonably prompt, polite, and responsive. Erica was the opposite, often ignoring my inquiries or selectively answering only some questions. Like you, I also experienced a honeymoon period with LAD, where during the initial courtship phase she was amazing, attentive, almost too friendly and very involved. I also noticed (and was baffled by) the immediate switch in her behavior once I wired the money. By the end of the project I felt neglected, and to be frank, that she just wasn't paying attention anymore (to me or to important details pertaining to the ring). I was often left hanging feeling frustrated, confused, and at times angry.
In a way, the bad experience was my fault too because I did notice a lot of red flags during the beginning of the project. I choose to stay the course because I was excited, emotionally invested, had received a substantial discount, and mistakenly believed it was only going to be "a few more weeks".

Many times I felt the desire to vent on PS, but never did because there was another poster (who ordered a "Chloe" solitaire I believe) who turned to PS to vent during the exact time period I was having my LAD disaster. Her story was picked apart by some PSers and by Erica. She was made out to be a nuisance-personality, which who knows, maybe she was because there are certainly two sides to every story (even this one).....but at that time I had already experienced so much stress both with the ring and in my personal life (some job & health issues) that I decided to let it go for my own sanity.
It's been a few months and while I'm still not interested in mudslinging or fighting over the "who, what, when, where, and how's" of what happened to me, I do feel the PS community deserves to know that "something might be up" or that "maybe they aren't the only ones" when it comes to issues with this vendor.

I do think Erica has good taste in diamonds and offers fair prices. I also feel that Caysie does beautiful work. I am trying to love my ring. I do however regret the purchase and will likely have it reset in the future to try and "reset" the negative emotional cloud it cast over my engagement. I know that sounds a little dramatic, but it's honestly how I feel.

Sorry for rambling...I wasn't trying to high jack your thread. Just know you are not alone in your feelings or experience. I hope your project turns out well!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandT and Sunnydelta. Thank you for sharing you experience even though you both knew you could get criticized. I for one find this information very helpful.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunnydelta, no need to apologize you are not thread jacking at all. It is good to hear your experiences and I'm so sorry to hear that it was such an awful ordeal for you during a time which should be one of the happiest moment. :(sad . When it is time for you to reset I'm sure the joy in that new peice will overshadow this experience.

Take good care of yourself.

I appreciate all of your comments and while this thread was based on my frustration in the lack of communication I have received until today, I did have one positive experience in the past.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SunnyDelta|1461645026|4023615 said:
DandT|1461616097|4023476 said:

Thanks DandT,
I eventually did get a ring, but the journey was so extremely stressful that it ruined most of the excitement surrounding our engagement and caused a lot of tension at home. Like you, I also paid in full (upfront) and felt like I was being held hostage by the end of the project. When it comes to lack of communication, missed deadlines, delays, egregious mistakes, and excuses....I experienced and heard it all! It was literally a nightmare.

My take away from the experience is that there are definitely two personalities involved. I rarely communicated with Caysie, but when I did, she was reasonably prompt, polite, and responsive. Erica was the opposite, often ignoring my inquiries or selectively answering only some questions. Like you, I also experienced a honeymoon period with LAD, where during the initial courtship phase she was amazing, attentive, almost too friendly and very involved. I also noticed (and was baffled by) the immediate switch in her behavior once I wired the money. By the end of the project I felt neglected, and to be frank, that she just wasn't paying attention anymore (to me or to important details pertaining to the ring). I was often left hanging feeling frustrated, confused, and at times angry.
In a way, the bad experience was my fault too because I did notice a lot of red flags during the beginning of the project. I choose to stay the course because I was excited, emotionally invested, had received a substantial discount, and mistakenly believed it was only going to be "a few more weeks".

Many times I felt the desire to vent on PS, but never did because there was another poster (who ordered a "Chloe" solitaire I believe) who turned to PS to vent during the exact time period I was having my LAD disaster. Her story was picked apart by some PSers and by Erica. She was made out to be a nuisance-personality, which who knows, maybe she was because there are certainly two sides to every story (even this one).....but at that time I had already experienced so much stress both with the ring and in my personal life (some job & health issues) that I decided to let it go for my own sanity.
It's been a few months and while I'm still not interested in mudslinging or fighting over the "who, what, when, where, and how's" of what happened to me, I do feel the PS community deserves to know that "something might be up" or that "maybe they aren't the only ones" when it comes to issues with this vendor.

I do think Erica has good taste in diamonds and offers fair prices. I also feel that Caysie does beautiful work. I am trying to love my ring. I do however regret the purchase and will likely have it reset in the future to try and "reset" the negative emotional cloud it cast over my engagement. I know that sounds a little dramatic, but it's honestly how I feel.

Sorry for rambling...I wasn't trying to high jack your thread. Just know you are not alone in your feelings or experience. I hope your project turns out well!

SunnyDelta,

You approved your CAD's on Nov 3rd. You then admitted that you told your fiance it would be ready by Thanksgiving, which I very clearly explained would be impossible for a custom setting. We corresponded about the production time frame extensively, and I even sent you copies of our correspondence where I clearly told you that the ring would take 6-8 weeks from CAD approval. You then began emailing Caysie asking that the ring be ready faster, and when I asked you why you said it was because you promised your fiancee and it's causing problems at home, that he feels you sent "his money" to some shady online company, that you've "strung him along since summer because of the whole James Meyer debacle" (which had nothing to do with CvB/LAD), etc. I will admit that you suggesting my business was somehow dishonest or shady was very offensive to me, but I did my best to put your mind at ease during a time when, frankly, there's nothing to do but patiently wait for the ring to be finished.

The ring was finished on January 8th. That's about 9 weeks, including three major holidays and related closures during the industry's busiest time of year, so it was completed within the promised production window. Due to a problem that we had regarding the proportions of the basket motif, which was our fault entirely (and for which I apologized profusely), we then immediately offered to remake the ring for you, but first we shipped the solitaire to you at our expense so that you and your fiancee could see it in person, have the opportunity to make other changes, and to see your OEC because you had bought it sight-unseen. Upon receipt you raved about the diamond and the setting and told me that sending it put your minds at ease, and we proceeded with the remake to correct the problem area in the basket. You seemed completely happy.

At your request, we sent the job to the new jeweler we hired, because you were very taken with a sample ring he had just finished, so the remake went to a different jeweler than the one who made your band (which, in hindsight, was a mistake due to subtle differences in how each jeweler does his metal work). The remade ring was completed on Feb 25th. Upon receipt, you told me that you loved the solitaire but didn't like the wedding band, so I refunded you in full for the band. At every step we have been accommodating and tried our best to make you happy. To hear that your gorgeous solitaire makes you so miserable is a shock, to be honest, because despite a couple of bumps in the road, I thought you loved your solitaire and diamond and have been happily wearing it for the past 2 months.

Since you have such terrible feelings about it, I will gladly buy the ring and diamond back from you. Just shoot me an email letting me know when you'd like to return it, and I will send you a label and refund you in full. I'll happily take it back into my inventory and find a new home for it, since it's causing you so much unhappiness and, as you said, has become a dark cloud hanging over your engagement, which I would never want for any of my clients.

I'm also sorry that you felt at times I was "too friendly" and then at other times I guess not friendly enough - it's hard to maintain the same exact tone across many emails and periods of time. I never intentionally ignored or selectively answered only parts of your emails - we corresponded a lot during your project and I always tried to be prompt and thorough - if I ever overlooked a specific question, or answered 9 out of 10 things - a simple reminder was all it would take to get an answer because I most likely just missed answering that particular question. There's no conspiracy there, I assure you.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I obviously didn't realize, until I read Sunny's latest post and then reread DanT's earlier posts, that LAD-CvB required you two to pay the full cost of the setting upfront. :shock: I have never been expected to pay more than 50% as a deposit for the fabrication of a custom jewelry piece & have paid as little as 20% upfront.

ETA: Just looked at LAD's Settings FAQ page. As it stands now, it speaks only of a 50% deposit, so being charged the full freight would not sit well with me, but perhaps there's Ben a recent policy change. It presently advises the reader not to expect any status updates during the 6-8 weeks between the time you sign off on the CADs & when the piece is ready to ship --and urges you to "sit on your hands" if you are tempted to make a status query before 6 weeks have elapsed:
http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/signature-settings-policies/

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MollyMalone|1461652071|4023652 said:
I obviously didn't realize, until I read Sunny's latest post and then reread DanT's earlier posts, that LAD-CvB required you two to pay the full cost of the setting upfront. :shock: I have never been expected to pay more than 50% as a deposit for the fabrication of a custom jewelry piece & have paid as little as 20% upfront.

ETA: Just looked at LAD's Settings FAQ page. As it stands now, it speaks only of a 50% deposit, so being charged the full freight would not sit well with me, but perhaps there's Ben a recent policy change. It presently advises the reader not to expect any status updates during the 6-8 weeks between the time you sign off on the CADs & when the piece is ready to ship --and urges you to "sit on your hands" if you are tempted to make a status query before 6 weeks have elapsed:
http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/signature-settings-policies/

No policy change, we only ask a 50% deposit and the balance on completion. Sometimes client's opt to pay in full.

DandT sent a deposit, then many small payments over several weeks until she had paid in full, which was her choice - not something that was requested by us.

Sunny paid in full for her diamond, and her solitaire was almost free - she only paid $500 for the upgrade to a pave shank. She loved the diamond and I offered to make her a simple solitaire at my expense in order to keep the project within budget and get her the diamond of her dreams. The simple solitaire eventually morphed into a more complex custom design, however I only charged her for the pave shank, while the CAD revisions, shipping costs, and solitaire expense were all on me. In hindsight, like the switch in production jeweler from the one who made her band, this was a mistake. This is what she is referring to when she mentions the "substantial discount" she received.

As for my policies, yes I insert a fair bit of humor into them. Most people find it funny, though clearly you do not, lol. But that's part of choosing a vendor to do business with - personality fit is very important, and I'm very open about my style. Maybe it's not for everyone, even though I think I'm pretty darned hilarious.

You're correct that I don't have ability to field regular status inquiries when I routinely have a dozen rings in production at any given time. It would be impossible to constantly interrupt the jewelers for detailed status updates, which will only cause delays - I don't want them to be sitting on their phones talking to me, when they need to be on the bench finishing orders. Once a ring goes into production, we do keep track of where jobs are in the queue, but we also ask that clients be patient and allow our artisans to do their work without interruption. A few weeks ago a client texted me to say "I know I'm not allowed to ask how my ring is coming, even though it's 9 days until the 6 week mark, but I AM allowed to send you pics of my goddaughter..." and then I got a gorgeous family photo and we had a laugh and friendly chat and her ring actually shipped out a couple days later. That's the spirit in which the humorous portions of my policies are written, in case you are taking it all too literally.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1461652916|4023653 said:
As for my policies, yes I insert a fair bit of humor into them. Most people find it funny, though clearly you do not, lol. But that's part of choosing a vendor to do business with - personality fit is very important, and I'm very open about my style. Maybe it's not for everyone, even though I think I'm pretty darned hilarious.

You're correct that I don't have ability to field regular status inquiries when I routinely have a dozen rings in production at any given time. It would be impossible to constantly interrupt the jewelers for detailed status updates, which will only cause delays - I don't want them to be sitting on their phones talking to me, when they need to be on the bench finishing orders. Once a ring goes into production, we do keep track of where jobs are in the queue, but we also ask that clients be patient and allow our artisans to do their work without interruption. A few weeks ago a client texted me to say "I know I'm not allowed to ask how my ring is coming, even though it's 9 days until the 6 week mark, but I AM allowed to send you pics of my goddaughter..." and then I got a gorgeous family photo and we had a laugh and friendly chat and her ring actually shipped out a couple days later. That's the spirit in which that portion of my policies is written, in case you are taking it too literally.
Well, I don't know why you think I "clearly do not lol" find any amusement in your Policy page; I didn't insert the eyeball-rolling emoticon or make any other sort of editorial comment, and I linked the page so everyone could see the excerpt in its full context, without me having to type out the stuff about kids and puppies.
(I do think it was poor form of you to have included here in your public responses personal confidences.)

Additional bench people is good news. But I'll still hope that you'll make some office administrative changes and enhance business-related communications with current customers (e.g., DanT not learning until mid-March about the need for a new batch of French cuts; not letting her know, since she had no personal involvement with the CADs for her Riviera, when you/Caysie approved them for the casting, so she could reset her clock of expectations) and prospective customers, like Fulvia & cookiebuttermonster.

P.S. I agree that you should not be "constantly interrupt[ing] the jewelers for detailed status updates", but sending you an email update once a week on 12 or so rings should be no biggie for them (I trust they are already keeping tabs on all their orders) or for you, so you could at least let customers know when the ring is actually in the queue & then give those dozen (give or take a few) customers weekly updates after the post-CAD approval 6-week mark. And who knows, maybe asking the benches for pre-production, status update checklists will result in your customers getting in the queue faster!

susief

Shiny_Rock
Don't know about anyone else but I'm feeling really uncomfortable about the level of personal detail (exact dates, specifics of orders and cost, who said what when, even problems at home!) about customers being shared on this thread. Pricescope is an open worldwide public forum and such behaviour is unprofessional. I am having a custom ring made right now and assume that any correspondence between my jeweller and I is confidential unless agreed otherwise.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh goodness,

Erica,

This is the most communication we've had, I paid in full, yes it was my choice I don't like to owe people money. THIS issue is communication -I had to come on to PS to get a response (which happened momentarily after this thread was posted). I think you and I only communicated about 4 times, throughout this band project the other 10 times (give or take a few emails) were from Caysie.

I don't share much personal info anyways, but I respectfully ask that you please keep other's personal info out.

When I ask for status update, its just what have you done? I wasn't asking every two days, I did ask about 7-13 days in increment after receiving such emails stating the band would be done "soon", mostly to send a reminder email for the updates that you/Caysie had indicated.

after 11 days of non response, and most recently 13 days of non response I did email my frustration and nothing was addressed, until this post.

Soon, is a relative term, what is that? - 2 days, 1 week? 2 months?

What other jewelers have done when I ask for status is:
"casting now"

a couple of weeks later

Any news?

" with Setter now"

two weeks later

"still waiting on setter"

ok.

But when I get a "it'll be done soon" repeatedly, what does that mean for CVB/LAD? That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results