shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

Sfadman

Rough_Rock
Nice danj - alexandrites are so beautiful!

Just had my pendant reset into a ring and I'm not thrilled that it's not flush with the hand but ibalsondont want a super thick band...ill be redesigning soon likely ...here is the emerald cut in a brushed platinum band...

_3285.jpeg

Reactions: AV_

DanJ

Rough_Rock
Just picked up a new ring

received_10207967605605898.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zachscnider! your ring is beautiful! I love it.

Zachschnider|1457467022|4001690 said:
Im new to posting but wanted to try,

This is my ring- 2.02ct-Australian sapphire-14k Yellow gold-Half Bezel- No known treatments.
This ring I had custom made for me because its a memory of great things, times, and to keep going as nothing is impossible. The sapphire was a gift from some amazing friends well there more like family. Being a guy its not a typical to want a ring but it turned out perfect and is just stunning! What do you all think?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome taste.. just absolutely stunning!!!

Sfadman|1460833593|4020105 said:
Just upgraded my .91 h vs2 oval to a 1.4ct h vs1 emerald and am much happier with a step cut :loopy: :dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not soppy at all gregchang35, I have a great husband and believe his strength and guidance and his gift of our 2 sons has made my life remarkable, pretty perfect and extremely lucky.. we are the lucky ones Greg and our husbands are truly lucky to have us! peace.

gregchang35|1460854225|4020216 said:
Thanx. He may be lucky to own the blue FCD, but I am truly the lucky one to have him in my life... His strength and guidance is worth more than that blue. Yes, soppy I know... :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely eyecandy!! So many gorgeous rings!!!

My hubbies anniversary upgrade band from Mark Broumand
Hand forged 14k white gold band
7mm wide
5 stone
.75ctw princess cuts

20160719_212051-2.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a wonderful anniversary upgrade! Happy Anniversary!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate your kind words Rod, thank you!!!

DH has simple tastes and loves the contemporary look of the ring!!! Its perfect for him!!! :))

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Sfadman|1461514718|4023093 said:

Just had my pendant reset into a ring and I'm not thrilled that it's not flush with the hand but ibalsondont want a super thick band...ill be redesigning soon likely ...here is the emerald cut in a brushed platinum band...

Sfadman: Gorgeous ring!! It needs it own thread! :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Sfadman|1461514718|4023093 said:

Now that you have had the reset for a while, how did you find it? Still thinking of a reset?
Do you have any profile shots/ side shots so we can see it how high it is from teh finger/ band?

I am not sure that any stone will be able to sit flush with the band without the band being thick or elliptical shape.
I have always loved the tension setting that Kenny mentions. have you seen the settings on those?

Sfadman

Rough_Rock
Thank you Westjenn! Very glad you like it :wavey:

gregchang35: hello there! After several months with it, it still is very enjoyable to look at and I really like the spread of the stone. I do think that it is a bit raised and am afraid of knocking it loose when I wear it. Originally I was thinking of a bezel setting, but the jeweler indicated that it would not let as much light pass through which makes sense. When I got this stone from Derco (worked with John) here in SF, I saw a 1.5ct G vs2 Asscher and preferred the spread of this EC more (1.4 H vs1). That said, all I can think about is that Asscher and I have been trying to sit on this one and enjoy it before running back to upgrade. I have also been toying with a cushion cut just for the fun of it but in the end I jut might move to an Asscher cut with the next upgrade and just deal with the spread adjustment.

I have indeed been obsessed with Kenny's Asscher(s) setting and of course his FCD collection, but I am afraid of knocking the stone loose with my clumsyness. I also am aware that with a larger stone there will have to be elliptical, so I likely will get a bezel (signet style?) next. Knowing I'll have a stepcut with the reduced light performance of a bezel makes me consider other cuts like cushion or something, totally open to setting suggestions if you have anything in mind.

Oh and here are some other pics I took on a red notebook as well for you to check out.

Thanks for letting me ramble!

img_12956.jpg

img_12966.jpg

img_12967.jpg

img_12962.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Zachschnider

Rough_Rock
@Sfadman

I know your feeling. I once had one very similar with the setting except no side kind of tension like yours has. When I wore it it was a treasure but as you mentioned that god awful day came when I knocked it clean out of its setting. This however is not the same way mine was set so you have almost a frame or wall protecting it. I think you should be good but maybe talk with the jeweler and ask him his opinion :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Sfadman,

Nice geometry of the ring.
The setting seems secure.

with respect to tension settings, there are only a few ppl that do them well. I think kenny has mentioned it in another post...

off the top of my head:
boone rings does chrome cobalt (far cheaper than precious metals like gold and it keeps the white colour really well)
Gelin Abaci (sp???)
S Kretchmer ?????

there is possibly another vendor, but i forget.

however, if you do not like the tension setting per se, there are other options. My asscher is in a semi-tension and, it is elliptical in shape that you are most probably aware of. there is a bar that connects the 2 sides of the ring which eliminates the concern that you have with stone falling out in a true tension setting. there are vendors taht can help you with this kind of setting, as you probably already know.
Note, the thinnest of the bar is not to be trusted. see the second link with new pics.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-tension-coming-my-way-soon.180591/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-tension-coming-my-way-soon.180591/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/careful-with-asscher-semi-tension-setting.185377/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/careful-with-asscher-semi-tension-setting.185377/[/URL]

hope that make sense.

In the mean time, enjoy your current ring.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sfadman|1476217723|4085812 said:

gregchang35: hello there! After several months with it, it still is very enjoyable to look at and I really like the spread of the stone. I do think that it is a bit raised and am afraid of knocking it loose when I wear it. Originally I was thinking of a bezel setting, but the jeweler indicated that it would not let as much light pass through which makes sense. When I got this stone from Derco (worked with John) here in SF, I saw a 1.5ct G vs2 Asscher and preferred the spread of this EC more (1.4 H vs1). That said, all I can think about is that Asscher and I have been trying to sit on this one and enjoy it before running back to upgrade. I have also been toying with a cushion cut just for the fun of it but in the end I jut might move to an Asscher cut with the next upgrade and just deal with the spread adjustment.

I have indeed been obsessed with Kenny's Asscher(s) setting and of course his FCD collection, but I am afraid of knocking the stone loose with my clumsyness. I also am aware that with a larger stone there will have to be elliptical, so I likely will get a bezel (signet style?) next. Knowing I'll have a stepcut with the reduced light performance of a bezel makes me consider other cuts like cushion or something, totally open to setting suggestions if you have anything in mind.

Oh and here are some other pics I took on a red notebook as well for you to check out.

Absolutely STUNNING ring. I love the East-West setting. I had this done with an emerald cut as well, looks a lot more masculine this way I think.

<3

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't been in a while, but always love seeing what people are posting. Took this shot of my wedding band and liked how it came out.

ring_40.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sfadman|1476217723|4085812 said:

I love this ring :sun:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod|1476823142|4088351 said:
Haven't been in a while, but always love seeing what people are posting. Took this shot of my wedding band and liked how it came out.

ring_40.jpg

That really suits you, I hope you are very happy with it! :))

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1476981723|4088938 said:
Rod|1476823142|4088351 said:

ring_40.jpg

That really suits you, I hope you are very happy with it! :))

I am immensely happy with it. Thanks! It also happens to hold diamonds that were my fathers and I was with him as a child the day he bought the ring the stones came from.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod|1476981817|4088942 said:
I am immensely happy with it. Thanks! It also happens to hold diamonds that were my fathers and I was with him as a child the day he bought the ring the stones came from.

The added history just makes it more special, may you enjoy it for many years! :sun:

Razz

Rough_Rock
I don't own this one (yet) but it's soon to be 'ours'

men.jpg

Zachschnider

Rough_Rock
My sapphire before was stunning but I sadly broke it. To any bad situation is a positive that is so alluring and majestic. In my case this all to stunning color change Blue sapphire to Purple. This stone is so stunning and clean! It is 2.62 carats. So I pared it with my dads gift to me, A beautiful 950 platinum band with 7 diamonds. There is Vs2-Si1 Quality stones. They are very white not sure color. Around 1.70 carats total weight in it. I love these and they mean so much to me. Let me know your opinions on the new sapphire! :angel: :twirl: :)

14875809_1009795319129500_1617984932_o.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The saphire, actually both rings are stunning! Truly! Wear them in the greatest of health and happiness!

Zachschnider

Rough_Rock
Ok had a opportunity to get a few things and this was one of them. What do you guys think! I need help do you think its manly or more womanly ? Its 10 1/2 i don't know please help me decide lol! I personally have the vote to a woman ring but a lot of people have said mens idk why, but let me know what you guys think:, Center stone vs1, g color, .25 and a round brilliant. Its all art deco and set with smaller singe cut diamonds.

14894433_1014700241972341_224547256_o.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zachschnider|1478038569|4092766 said:
Ok had a opportunity to get a few things and this was one of them. What do you guys think! I need help do you think its manly or more womanly ? Its 10 1/2 i don't know please help me decide lol! I personally have the vote to a woman ring but a lot of people have said mens idk why, but let me know what you guys think:, Center stone vs1, g color, .25 and a round brilliant. Its all art deco and set with smaller singe cut diamonds.

While I think the ring is very pretty, I would say that for me personally, it might be more of a ladies style. But that shouldn't matter in the least if it makes you happy when you wear it.

Zachschnider

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much I agree personal I think its for a woman that has larger fingers and would look stunning.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zachschnider|1478042568|4092795 said:
Thanks so much I agree personal I think its for a woman that has larger fingers and would look stunning.

I'm not sure a lady needs to have larger fingers to wear this. She could easily wear it on her middle or index finger. But it definitely would look better on a ladies hand.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VDK

Rough_Rock
VDK

Thanks Rod. I thnk you are a "diamond lover"!
The diamond in the ring is 3 EX, VVS1, G color, HCA=1.1!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results