shape
carat
color
clarity

S.O.'s supportive of Jewelry/diamond passion?

Does your SO support your jewelry/diamond passion?

• Yes. They help budget, or contribute to jewelry purchases.

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • No. Opposed to jewelry purchases.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Indifferent. They neither support nor oppose. you do what you want with your $$$

Votes: 24 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DH is supportive, in that he wants me to do whatever makes me happy. Our money is separate, so we don't need to negotiate about how our disposal income is spent. We tend to support each other in making whatever spending decisions we each feel makes sense.

I buy all my own bling, save for original wedding set and e-ring stone upgrade. I'm getting to a point in my management career where I'm earning a lot (for me anyways), so it's nice to be able to both save and spend more. Must beware of lifestyle creep of course! Lol

Overall, I'm very happy with our spending dynamic (we split joint household & kid expenses), and would not change it. It works well for us.

Anne

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH is too kind :halo: My dad always tells him to keep me grounded, but I think that is his only shortcoming, lol. Example: I had an unspecified diamond ring on my wish list, because I wanted a diamond with my wedding band - the one he got me as a surprise was kind of mind blowing - and the reason that I found PS :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby always let's me buy what I want if we have the funds! Great guy.. love him.. =) =)

ringnut

Rough_Rock
I am very fortunate that my husband is very supportive of my jewelry and diamond passion. He encourages me to buy pieces, but he has ulterior motives a little bit too because he has his own collecting passions. ;-) However, I am still fortunate because he realizes it goes both ways when many don't and won't acknowledge that. My dad would buy whatever he wanted no matter the cost, but if my mom came home with a $5 coffee mug she liked, he would complain about it to the stratosphere and back.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's Persian. Nuff said.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results