shape
carat
color
clarity

Esperanza Diamond- Must read for pricescopers!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's traveling. It will be in Ponte Vedra today and tomorrow. I think I will have to swing by to swoon too!

This is the picture from the local B&M.

_1946.jpeg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No touching but I did get to see it. Really pretty amazing.

I was able to see it at Underwoods Ponte Vedra location. Talked DH into taking me there at lunch time.

_1955.jpeg

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has it been sold? I found this in several news articles, but nothing recent.

Black, Starr & Frost will auction the diamond through an open bidding process, which is open until Feb. 15. The diamond is estimated at $1 million.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ChristineRose|1458398319|4007816 said:

Black, Starr & Frost will auction the diamond through an open bidding process, which is open until Feb. 15. The diamond is estimated at $1 million.
Yes, I understand that it has found a home but I do not know any details. Look for an announcement from the Esperanza folks in the near future.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Texas Leaguer|1458403180|4007845 said:

Yes, I understand that it has found a home but I do not know any details. Look for an announcement from the Esperanza folks in the near future.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tyty333|1458405012|4007852 said:
Texas Leaguer|1458403180|4007845 said:

Inquiring minds want to know!
I know. Me too! It feels like she is part of our family. Or we are part of hers. :love:

I wonder I we will approve of the new owner... I might feel a little like the Dad sizing up the boyfriend of the teenage daughter :snooty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! I am very interested, too, but they may not disclose the identity of the new owner!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1458409294|4007873 said:
Lol! I am very interested, too, but they may not disclose the identity of the new owner!
That is possible. Or they may reveal the owner (or basic facts about the owner) and not the purchase price.

It might be better for me not to know too much. I have been pretty opinionated about what I think her destiny should be. And there was only the little matter of about a million bucks standing in the way of making my vision come true :bigsmile:

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Obviously I’m not at liberty to say if, who, how much, or really anything else of substance, but I do anticipate a press release on the topic reasonably soon. Obviously that’s entirely at the discretion of the owner and I will fully respect their privacy.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see it, but... I do appreciate that you made us aware of this stone and gave us all a chance to admire it online and follow its story online.

Looking forward to the next revelations!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Smithsonian Institution received the Hope Diamond as a gift from Harry Winston. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the purchaser of the Esperanza were to donate (or later bequeath) this unique USA diamond to the Smithsonian's gem collection, so that millions of visitors could see the stone in person, and with the aid of videos, etc., marvel at its masterful cutting, the synergy of this project?!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MollyMalone|1458418563|4007923 said:
The Smithsonian Institution received the Hope Diamond as a gift from Harry Winston. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the purchaser of the Esperanza were to donate (or later bequeath) this unique USA diamond to the Smithsonian's gem collection, so that millions of visitors could see the stone in person, and with the aid of videos, etc., marvel at its masterful cutting, the synergy of this project?!
That is exactly what I have been lobbying for Molly. That would be the perfect ending to the fairy tale.

My dream scenario would have been for the buyer to be an American company who's brand is known for "Made in America" products. They would actively use Esperanza for promotion and publicity for a few years, maybe more, and then donate it to the Smithsonian where the brand will be forever coupled with an iconic American diamond and a generous donation to the American people.

American buyers had the opportunity. Not sure any of them had quite the same dream for Esperanza that I had however!

Man, do I need more money. My dreams are A LOT bigger than my wallet. :cry:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
A million would be way to low if thats all the are getting the owner should have sat on a good while longer me thinks

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1458418563|4007923 said:

Oh Molly...that would be my hopes too! I would love to be able to see her again and have thousands of other people see her too!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo... any news?? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results