shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxury Beauty Products

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Any favorite luxury beauty products, or any items you want to purchase?

I know for me I have been talking myself out of buying Les Merveilleuses De Laduree Face Color Rose (with pot) and a few Kashoen Makeup Brushes. I was wondering if anyone else had the luxury beauty product bug.

$150 blush, yeah I know but look at how pretty!!!

81de72-l.jpg
tumblr_n2123yiqty1ruw5mdo2_1280.png

and I have drooling over those brushes for pretty much years!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is so cool!!! Not something I would splurge on unless I won the lottery, but I can definitely appreciate the art there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so funny, I know products like this are out there, but I am always surprised by them and how much they cost and that there is such a large market for them.

It's very pretty but... I use ELF brushes and blush from Target. I almost bought a lovely blush from Benefit. But the 20-something price tag was more than I could justify for something I wear 24 times a year.

If I am spending money on luxury products it's not likely to be make up. I used to buy expensive lipsticks. I discovered the Sephora Line of lipsticks. 12 bucks and they are better than any of the luxury lipsticks I have ever owned except one discontinued Chanel one.

I consider my crabtree and evelyn hand cream (10 bucks a tube) a HUGE luxury.

I am clearly outclassed. :lol:

I don't think I'd buy that even if I DID win the lottery. I think I'm too practical.

I hope it brings you joy, if you do splurge. That's the point after all. =)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a few high end products that I really like. Most of those are skincare though. Most of my makeup is probably mid-high range actually. Same with skincare...But these are the higher end things I use. I am a snob.

-I use the La Mer cleansing gel every day. It is $85 a bottle. The bottle lasts me around 6-9 months? I really should date the container when I open one. I actually have started to hoard that, I buy two at a time because they only make two batches a year, and I've gotten caught in the middle twice now, and had to try other things...I haven't found any other cleanser that my face likes in any price range. I ended up scraping the dregs of my travel bottle of it while I waited for stock to come in, and my SA at Nordstrom gave me a spare travel bottle to get me by. It was really sad how panicked I was. Sometimes in the summer I'll use a pump on my body sponge to clean my back and chest. I feel like a spendthrift when I do that, but my skin feels clean and spiffy.

-My favorite face powder is the Charlotte Tilbury 'Air Brush Flawless Finish' Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder. It's $45 a compact. But again, I haven't found anything like it. It doesn't feel dry or weird on my face and it sets my makeup perfectly.

-I found an eye cream that works even better on my face. I use a tiny amount because it's $85 a jar. It's the AMOREPACIFIC 'Moisture Bound' Rejuvenating Gel Eye Treatment. It's like a weird cream-gel texture, and since I use retinoids, it's made a HUGE difference in how "plush" my face feels and how I molt. That plus my Vitamin C serum (One Love Organics which is $75 and worth every cent and more) have almost entirely cut down on the real irritation I'd get. Though I never use the retinoids more than 3x a week. I usually use Retin A two times a week, and the Sunday Riley Luna Oil in between. (So like every other day I use one or the other.) I also like the Amore Pacific AMOREPACIFIC 'Time Response' Targeted Eye Masque which is little individually wrapped jelly things that you put under your eyes. I think there are 10 or so in the box, and the whole box is $140.00. They are pretty nice.

-That one is really expensive too, the Sunday Riley Luna Oil. And it smells disgusting. But it works really well, I alternate it with Retin A. It is $105 for the full size. I have a "big spender" Rouge card at Sephora, and they usually have VIB sales twice a year where you get 15 or 20% off. I will usually buy my big ticket stuff that they sell during those events. I can get the Amore there and the Sunday Riley there.

-I've been trying out a few Lancome things lately too, the Energie De Vie Water Infused Cream and Melt-In Sleeping Mask and the Genefique serums. Those are all in the $55-$100 range which is madness.

-I also have a couple Tom Ford eyeshadow quads, those are $80 a whack (which is fcking insane!), and a Dolce and Gabbana eyeshadow quad (which btw I got at Costco for like $40 max, but if you bought it at Nordstrom or Sephora it would be $62!)

-I have also fallen in love with the Shu Uemura Art of Hair Color Lustre Conditioner. It's $58 a bottle. I try to alternate it with my usual Loreal Professional stuff so I don't burn through it super fast.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Some of my bigger ticket (but not crazy priced) skin care is my Tatcha and SK-II stuff. La Mer creams and La Prairie stuff was to rich for my face, but I found that Japanese skincare (and korean) was wonderful for it

The Facial Treatment Essence from SK-II I am using (that I adore) can run from $165-$225 a bottle depending on size.
My first job was at a store similar to Sephora and we sold Creed fragrances, La Mer and La Prairie skin care and a ton of other luxury brands. I really started loving and appreciating them. But there are also a lot of amazing budget branded stuff too that works amazing!

I can go to the thrift store and get some slacks, or shirts, and I scoff at spending more then $20 on a new shirt, but beauty, fragrance, and skincare I never seem to have an issue with spending.

I will have to check out the La Mer Cleansing gel. I have been on the hunt for a new cleanser. Is it still available now?

I guess I love the blush because I have some blush palettes that I have spent $90 on, and for an additional $50-80 I can be fancy pantsy. But I haven't justified it yet, alas.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't consider my beauty products luxury, more in the 20-40$ range for most things, but I HAVE been looking at le mer recently. I haven't been able to justify the price YET, but I might be getting close haha. It's too expensive to order it from the states now (shitty dollar!) but if I see it in stores I'd like to pick it up before summer. $300 moisturizer gives me anxiety :shock:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1458831529|4010365 said:
I don't consider my beauty products luxury, more in the 20-40$ range for most things, but I HAVE been looking at le mer recently. I haven't been able to justify the price YET, but I might be getting close haha. It's too expensive to order it from the states now (shitty dollar!) but if I see it in stores I'd like to pick it up before summer. $300 moisturizer gives me anxiety :shock:
Before I would take the plunge for expensive cosmetics I would see if they had travel sizes first and buy those. That way if I didn't like it, or it had a bad reaction I wouldn't be out the money of a full sized amount.

But I loved La Mer, after awhile though it just started doing nothing for me as I got older.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1458832097|4010371 said:
telephone89|1458831529|4010365 said:
Before I would take the plunge for expensive cosmetics I would see if they had travel sizes first and buy those. That way if I didn't like it, or it had a bad reaction I wouldn't be out the money of a full sized amount.

But I loved La Mer, after awhile though it just started doing nothing for me as I got older.
That's a good idea actually. I don't have much as far as wrinkles go yet, but I'm starting to get some 11s. I'd rather keep everything at bay as long as I can without using something too harsh.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1458829087|4010345 said:
Some of my bigger ticket (but not crazy priced) skin care is my Tatcha and SK-II stuff. La Mer creams and La Prairie stuff was to rich for my face, but I found that Japanese skincare (and korean) was wonderful for it

The Facial Treatment Essence from SK-II I am using (that I adore) can run from $165-$225 a bottle depending on size.
My first job was at a store similar to Sephora and we sold Creed fragrances, La Mer and La Prairie skin care and a ton of other luxury brands. I really started loving and appreciating them. But there are also a lot of amazing budget branded stuff too that works amazing!

I can go to the thrift store and get some slacks, or shirts, and I scoff at spending more then $20 on a new shirt, but beauty, fragrance, and skincare I never seem to have an issue with spending.

I will have to check out the La Mer Cleansing gel. I have been on the hunt for a new cleanser. Is it still available now?

I guess I love the blush because I have some blush palettes that I have spent $90 on, and for an additional $50-80 I can be fancy pantsy. But I haven't justified it yet, alas.
It should be. It was available on the Nordstrom website as of this morning. I notice that it gets limited late spring and late fall, though January-February was one of the times I was in a panic in the past. I usually use like half a pump when I wash my face.

Those blushes really are a work of art. But I'd totally drop and destroy them.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Les Merveilleuses De Laduree whole line of make up is lovely, and their packaging is so darn cute!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results