shape
carat
color
clarity

Cute jacket for travel

Trillium

Rough_Rock
I am horrible at clothes shopping, so I thought I'd ask you for some help.
I need a jacket for travel to central Europe, early to Mid May. I'm going to Prague,Budapest, Vienna. I need something that I can use walking around outside looking at gardens during the day, as well as for nice dinners out.

I have do a short navy jacket from Land's End styled like a trench coat, but lightweight rain proof nylon I'm not sure I love it.....

I'm 5'4" and curvy, size 14.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
What about something like a classic Burberry trench? Good for rain, travel and belted to define the waste.
For May, you might want something more than a blazer (my other choice for travel).
I've only been to Prague in summer, but the weather varied quite a bit.
Have a great trip!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have a Burberry light quilted jacket. It's very versatile and can be dressed up or down. However, if you're needing something that is appropriate for dinners out at night, I'd say maybe look into some blazers (which can also be dressed up or down). I own about 12 J Crew blazers (mostly the "Schoolboy" and "Hacking" styles). They look great with casual jeans or dressed up for a nice dinner out.

Prettygirl-dress

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think you buy jacket which is comfortable for long journey but also need Cute so from my prospectus you have to one look to prettygirl-dress it will have different variety in dress with bolero jacket that will look cute too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a Duffle coat as seen on The Paddington Bear?

As for myself, my go-to-coat is a 3-in-1 water-proof jacket, as in an water-proof outer shell with a removable fleece jacket inner that can be worn on its own. I like this style so much I always have a spare in the cupboard.

It serves me well for most occasions except very formal evening wear, that's when I would bring out my long black wool coat with leather lapels and cuffs.

DK :))

stevenhydeforeman

Rough_Rock
Anything comfortable enough will work. From my experience of traveling to Europe you do not need something fashion, but simple. What is most importantly: make sure it's good for a rainy weather: you will never guess when it starts and ends. Usually it is quite warm there in May already so may check something like Sporty Zip Jacket from TravelSmith.
I mean you may find something similar, not advertising here :hand:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As others have said, it could be quite nice in May, but weather is changeable in Europe so it's never easy to just have one thing!

A smart lightweight quilted jacket/blazer type would be good, as momhappy said, definitely ok on its own over a blouse/t-shirt or can be layered.

Perhaps a scarf/wrap/shawl/pashmina is useful too, that way if it's warmer just use the shawl and if it's colder use them together.

A decent quality fitted lightweight jacket ( sorry can't think of any makes other than Barbour -but not their waxed ones- but I've seen lots in the shops) in a 'sensible' colour ie Navy Blue, Green, Burgungy etc would do for most occasions, except for extremely formal ones.

A foldaway umbrella might be useful too!!

Good luck with your search and the weather, hope you have a lovely trip.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results