carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera cathedral Emilya is here!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
mrs-blop|1424523780|3835893 said:
Logan Sapphire -

My niece is considering haloing her 1ct oval, currently set in a solitaire. Do you happen to have any comparison side/by/side mocked up shots, or could you possibly post one of your solitaire so I can do something similar and show her? I think your solitaire -> halo is one of the best examples on PS. I looked in the solitaire to halo thread, but can't find yours there.

And I hope all is well with you and that you're enjoying your glorious new ring! :wavey:

I only can find one bad picture of my solitaire. It's not really an accurate comparison though because that stone was smaller at .78 and only a good cut versus the GIA triple excellent I have now.

I hope your niece finds a setting she loves!

_27319.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
toade|1424539028|3835963 said:
Logan,

Did you request a thinner halo on your ring? I noticed yours is much more delicate, with a total of 24 melee diamonds. Most of the other smaller halos have 16-20. Even Frankie's 3CT halo only has 24 and her original was only 20.

I'm having an Emilya done by Victor (probably 1.08CT) and I'm trying to decide how delicate to make the halo. I'm thinking 24 is probably too delicate for such a small stone, but maybe a little more than the standard 16 (Harry Winston also uses 16 for 1CT size rings).

Are you happy with the thinner halo? Thanks!

I didn't ask specifically for a thinner halo but I did request a delicate one and left it in Victor's hands. It even says on my work order "delicate halo." I love how thin it is and wouldn't want any bigger.

Can't wait to see your ring!

_27320.jpg

BIGDOGGY4EVER

Rough_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1424546475|3836057 said:
toade|1424539028|3835963 said:
Logan,

Did you request a thinner halo on your ring? I noticed yours is much more delicate, with a total of 24 melee diamonds. Most of the other smaller halos have 16-20. Even Frankie's 3CT halo only has 24 and her original was only 20.

I'm having an Emilya done by Victor (probably 1.08CT) and I'm trying to decide how delicate to make the halo. I'm thinking 24 is probably too delicate for such a small stone, but maybe a little more than the standard 16 (Harry Winston also uses 16 for 1CT size rings).

Are you happy with the thinner halo? Thanks!

I didn't ask specifically for a thinner halo but I did request a delicate one and left it in Victor's hands. It even says on my work order "delicate halo." I love how thin it is and wouldn't want any bigger.

Can't wait to see your ring!

Hi logan do you know how big each pave is? 1mm 1.1mm 1.2mm 1.3mm etc? Looks so good!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I'm afraid I don't know how large the pave are; I just sent the stone to VC and asked for a delicate halo with no set specifications.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

ETA: I looked at my appraisal. It doesn't give a breakdown for the pave in the halo vs the the shank, but it does say .43ctw for 56 stones, which is an average of .0076 ct. I don't know what the carat weight equivalent is.

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
This is gorgeous! Is the cathedral version on his website? Are u the first to have it?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
ringsearching|1457482978|4001815 said:
This is gorgeous! Is the cathedral version on his website? Are u the first to have it?

Thanks!!

No, I'm not the first to have it; I saw at least one other one when I was making my decision. I don't believe it's on his website.

lizz1234

Rough_Rock
:ugeek:
Thanks!!

No, I'm not the first to have it; I saw at least one other one when I was making my decision. I don't believe it's on his website.

Sorry for the late late response but was curious about your ring and the donut. You mentioned that you purchased no pave on the donut so you can wear a wedding ring flush. I was told that if you have a donut you can’t wear a flush ring but I love the idea of a donut so it’s more low profile. Thanks in advance!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
:ugeek:

Sorry for the late late response but was curious about your ring and the donut. You mentioned that you purchased no pave on the donut so you can wear a wedding ring flush. I was told that if you have a donut you can’t wear a flush ring but I love the idea of a donut so it’s more low profile. Thanks in advance!

Sorry if I wasn't clear- I have a no-pave donut because I didn't want diamonds rubbing against something else, not because I wanted the band to sit flush. No band sits perfectly flush with mine, unless it was something like the Tiffany Soleste band with the deep V. I actually prefer not-flush.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results