shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Dreamer's new (to me) Aurora band!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dreamer,
Congratulation for getting your five-stone (or rather 13-stone) ring. Your old solitaire is pretty, but your new Aurora ring is an exceptional stunner. I always said if I could have only one ring, I would definitely go for a five-stone ring for maximum bling and best value. Well, 13-stone Aurora (or Garland) is even better.

By the way, the ring looks very nice on you. If I didn't already own two, five-stone rings, I would have snatched this ring first. Glad that it has gone to the right owner.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, Dreamer, you are a hot mama! You look fabulous!

Second of all, could Ryder be any cuter and smooshier? Squee!!! :love:

That band is blinging off the charts! You're right, it has a ton of presence on your finger and screams elegant, classy married lady. I love that it's so dimensional and 'full' like you said. It really pops! Most of all I really admire you for making the choice to sell your RB for your family. Glad it all worked out perfectly!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1317879767|3034390 said:
Cozystitches|1317876758|3034377 said:
I'd love to see some pics of this stacked w/a plain (actually a 4mm scattered band, but I won't be too picky ;-) ) as I love the presence of this band and am saving pennies to buy a 5stone (or maybe one of these). :D I looked at BGD, but I'm not seeing it listed, were they going to offer this band as a stock piece or is it still the custom route?

Cozy I will be happy to oblige as soon as I buy the platinum band I plan to get! I sold all my white gold today, and have sold a bunch of other things too, and will be buying a 3mm heavy dome comfort fit wedding band soon to stack with this baby on occassion and also wear with my semi-bezel solitaire. Hopefully will buy it this month! For now, though, I don't have any bands to stack with it except my diamond half-eternity!

Hi Cozy, I stopped in to admire more of Dreamers amazing photography and saw you ask about BGD offering it. They were planning on it but the price varies so much depending on the color/clarity and point size of the larger stones you chose (and those in turn affect the size color and clarity of the smaller stones) that ultimately they decided that they would take each order as it came in and go from there. If you ask Lesley or Brian about it they will be able to help you better.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Shoppin' at the Future Shop! Don't mind me, I'm just taking pictures of my baby!"

Which baby?

::SNORT::

R does make an awfully cute backdrop though ;)) And those perspective shots are totally drool-worthy. It really does have HUGE presence on your hand.

Thanks so much for the detailed review, it's more helpful than you might guess. I will definitely approach my vendors about doing something to remove the clear demarcation between endstones and setting. The only thing I can visualize is a mini-semi-bezel prong, but maybe they'll have some other ideas as well. I've also dropped from 3.5mm each to 3.3ish on the endstones which should make quite a bit of difference in how it sits. And hey, if it's not even actually, prominently *visible* when you're wearing it... what's to worry about either way? Poor Victor is going to have kittens when I email him about yet another change ::)

You make an interesting point about preferring the band to your solitaire RB because you feel it's a more "mature, high status" look. Which is in some ways counterintuitive at first, given the usual plain solitaire descriptions of "simple" and "classic"... but, really, I think I know exactly what you mean. It's a bit like wearing a plain band, it doesn't tell anyone anything about how much you spent on it, how much you could afford to spend on it, what your social status is... other than the fact that you *have* it, as opposed to *don't have it*.

I'll be honest and say I'm over the "I have a big rock" look too. I think turning my ring into a 5stone will have much the same overall effect of your band, at least from far away - just a big mish-mash of sparkle, no definition and no way to easily tell how big any one stone is. And y'know what? I think this is EXACTLY what my husband recognized and wanted from the very beginning. The look of a band as opposed to a honking rock. He's always said a band is a more 'classy' look, despite being more blingy... substitute 'mature' for 'classy' and that's pretty much word for word what you just said.

Hah, good thing you didn't get the AVC! They really could not be more different - different finger coverage, different light return, different colour... it was a gorgeous stone, but clearly meant for someone with different tastes :bigsmile:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness - your little Ryder is so darn cute!!!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer -

LOVING you new look. I think I have to agree about a band vs a solitaire. AS a mom to 5 kids I have to say that these days I wear my new :naughty: asscher eternity band more days then my "ering/wedding ring". Don't get me wrong I love my BIG bling but with kids a band is just so much more practical.

Wear it in good health and have fun with your boys
:bigsmile:

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Cutest baby ever! --the human one! Love those "real-life" shots. :lol:

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous!! :cheeky:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1317918351|3034638 said:
Hi Cozy, I stopped in to admire more of Dreamers amazing photography and saw you ask about BGD offering it. They were planning on it but the price varies so much depending on the color/clarity and point size of the larger stones you chose (and those in turn affect the size color and clarity of the smaller stones) that ultimately they decided that they would take each order as it came in and go from there. If you ask Lesley or Brian about it they will be able to help you better.

Hey Gypsy,

Thanks for the heads up! I had rethought about it, and I think I'll have an easier option of begging, er, convincing, er, requesting, er, saving for a 5 stone ring. :D That and I'm concerned w/the width issue... :D BUT that ring is BEAUTIFUL and if hubby bought it for me, yeah I wouldn't complain (actually, we'd have a hospital bill from me having a heart attack that he got me that!) :D :D

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures look great and I am so happy for you that you are so happy with this new ring!

Enjoy every blingy moment!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love this and it really seems so much more "you" (like I know you at all :rolleyes: but somehow it seems more like how you seem...) anyway, it's gorgeous, your photos cracked me up and also made me go :love: :love: :love: :love: and Ryder is of course also gorgeous :Up_to_something:

Seems like it was a win-win-win scenario!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great on you! congrats!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add that the RLP photos really do show better how it is blinding on your finger. The close-ups dont really show well enough (in my opinion that is...) how much finger coverage that ring provides!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer your photos are brillant! Your little guy is way, SUPER cute, and the band looks brilliant on your hand, it is so YOU!

And how smokin' hot do you look?!?! Wowzas lady! You've seriously got it all! :appl: :appl:

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Dreamer.. Ryder is adorable...that ring is major.. looks incredible on you..

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LittleRiver|1317912756|3034569 said:
Dreamer, those real life perspective shots *do* put it all into perspective! What an amazing and substantial ring it is on your hand. I totally agree that this band says "mature and married" in a way that a solitaire doesn't.

Btw I laughed out loud at the purse shots because I actually do carry my purse that way! Or at least I did until I got my ER this weekend and realized I can't do that anymore!

Why can't you carry your purse like that?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments on my son. He is indeed a cutie pie, and the sweetest little baby to boot.

Laila619|1317916167|3034614 said:
First of all, Dreamer, you are a hot mama! You look fabulous!

Second of all, could Ryder be any cuter and smooshier? Squee!!! :love:

That band is blinging off the charts! You're right, it has a ton of presence on your finger and screams elegant, classy married lady. I love that it's so dimensional and 'full' like you said. It really pops! Most of all I really admire you for making the choice to sell your RB for your family. Glad it all worked out perfectly!

I call him "chubba bubba" because he is so smooshie!

And dimensional is a great word for the ring, that is exactly right! Thanks for all your support, Laila, you have been unfaltering!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovemybling|1317919771|3034656 said:
Dreamer -

LOVING you new look. I think I have to agree about a band vs a solitaire. AS a mom to 5 kids I have to say that these days I wear my new :naughty: asscher eternity band more days then my "ering/wedding ring". Don't get me wrong I love my BIG bling but with kids a band is just so much more practical.

Wear it in good health and have fun with your boys
:bigsmile:

Five kids! Wow, my hat's off to you, that must keep you on your toes!

Around the house I have not been wearing the Aurora with the kiddos. There is just too much hands on time with a toddler and an infant. I've been wearing my platinum semibezel which is the perfect mom ring! But if I leave the house, on goes the bling for sure!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1317950817|3034975 said:
I love this and it really seems so much more "you" (like I know you at all :rolleyes: but somehow it seems more like how you seem...) anyway, it's gorgeous, your photos cracked me up and also made me go :love: :love: :love: :love: and Ryder is of course also gorgeous :Up_to_something:

Seems like it was a win-win-win scenario!

I think it is more me! It feels like it reflects my personal style really well, so I am very happy with it!

I'd like to see some more pics of B if you have a moment, too!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1317951664|3034985 said:
Just wanted to add that the RLP photos really do show better how it is blinding on your finger. The close-ups dont really show well enough (in my opinion that is...) how much finger coverage that ring provides!

That's why I posted them! The ring is just so striking in person, and I think the RLPs show it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi|1317954931|3035051 said:
Dreamer your photos are brillant! Your little guy is way, SUPER cute, and the band looks brilliant on your hand, it is so YOU!

And how smokin' hot do you look?!?! Wowzas lady! You've seriously got it all! :appl: :appl:

Wow, thanks Dandi! I still feel pretty lame since I have so much weight to lose post-baby, but your compliment sure helps pick me up!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring! I've read some of the posts here and agree entirely that there is something about bands that are so classy yet flashy in a way that one larger diamond just isn't. I've always been very fond of bands, and they can attract some major attention - I hope you're coping with it well ;-)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did end up getting a band to stack with my Aurora, I love the look and think it looks very "complete"!

The plain band is 2.3mm, soft knife edge, about 2mm tall, 18k white gold.

Cozy stiches, hope this helps!

auroraband1.JPG

auroraband2.JPG

auroraband3.JPG

auroraband4.JPG

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love the two together. They look great on you!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am aware that is was an old post but wanted to check to verify that Gypsy did first order the ring from BGD? I love the ring and would like to use my current diamonds in my band to create this.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Staceyjan|1455577757|3991397 said:
I am aware that is was an old post but wanted to check to verify that Gypsy did first order the ring from BGD? I love the ring and would like to use my current diamonds in my band to create this.

Yes, she did. I contacted BGD about making a similar ring a few years ago, and they were very helpful.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan|1455577757|3991397 said:

I don't know how I missed this thread and that GAWWWWGEOUS ring :lickout: , but seeing it bumped made me get out my stash of small OECs to see how I might be able to do the same someday. :naughty:

oecs_5.jpg

oecs_3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results