shape
carat
color
clarity

does anyone have a stack/wedding set like this?

glimmer

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone has an engagement ring with diamonds on the shank paired with a plain wedding band?
I've seen many solitaires on plain shanks with diamond wedding bands but not the other way around and was wondering if anyone has a photo of a set like this?
Also would love to see if you have a stack of an ER with a diamond shank, plain wedding band, and then a second diamond band.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Glimmer, so funny you ask this! I'm actually attempting to settle on a plain band right now. My e-ring (reset) has diamonds on the shank and I have my original wedding band that sometimes is too small with pave diamonds. I will post pics of the ring couplings you asked about. It's likely slightly different than what you are looking for as the plain band is a cable design, but I think you will still get the point.

I like having a plain band option in case I want to simply wear that without stones. I did try a plain band a little while ago, but I didn't like it how it looked with my e-ring. If you want though, I could find some pics of that and post them.

I'm debating about going custom on the plain band to match it even more perfectly.... :think:

img_13.png

img_14.png

glimmer

Rough_Rock
Ooh I love this! Yes I like the idea of having a plain band for traveling and for the day to day when a diamond band might not be practical. I'm also worried about damage to the setting from the diamonds on the band and shank of ER rubbing against each other and against the metal of the head. Your set is beautiful and I think a plain band made to match the same pattern on the shank of your ER would look lovely!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My older set image_3871.jpg

hmhmhm

Rough_Rock
Here's mine - the wedding band is the Tiffany knife edge 2mm:

image_371.jpg

image_370.jpg

image_369.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a diamond shank (but with a halo so not sure if that's really the look you're going for).

_1612.jpeg

_1613.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E-ring size 4.5
Band size 5

_1617.jpeg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Plain shank ering, 2mm that i stack with a flush set 3mm anniversary band and my 2mm wedding band. 5.5 finger
It's not exactly the look your are after since I don't have diamonds on my ering shank, but hopefully it'll help!

20160117_093104-1_perfectlyclear.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
glimmer|1453663474|3980772 said:
Ooh I love this! Yes I like the idea of having a plain band for traveling and for the day to day when a diamond band might not be practical. I'm also worried about damage to the setting from the diamonds on the band and shank of ER rubbing against each other and against the metal of the head. Your set is beautiful and I think a plain band made to match the same pattern on the shank of your ER would look lovely!

Thank you, Glimmer! I'm glad you got some more pics to look at here, too. I wanted to add that although it isn't in the pics, I do usually wear a .8mm spacer in between my e-ring and band ring. One of the things I'm wondering is if it's worth getting a custom when if the ring spins anyway, the swirls won't be exactly in line. That would probably drive me more crazy than having a slightly different swirl effect like I do now. And I know sodering is out of the question for me because I like having options. :???: Feeling a little like this right now.... :loopy: Plus my original e-ring band with two beautiful side baguettes awaits something worked out there.... So perhaps saving the additional money to do something custom with those...???? Sorry, this is for another post.... :Up_to_something:

glimmer

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for the photos everyone! these were exactly what I was looking for! :appl:
Your sets are all gorgeous :love:
I will try to make a trip to the jewelry store soon to play around with some bands and take some photos and maybe y'all can help me decide which looks best! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results