shape
carat
color
clarity

Your 2016 Bling Project?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
These projects are currently in progress:

1) 3.35ctw three stone oec ring. Diamonds just got back from GIA and David Klass will be starting as soon as I can decide on a profile design! 1.57ct N VS1, 0.90 J VS1, 0.88 K SI1. (came back exactly as I predicted so I'm thrilled!)

2) 2.01ctw oec earrings. GIA 1.01 H VS1 (came back w/ higher clarity than I expected!) and ungraded 1.00ct. Not grading the second stone due to one dark crystal inclusion under table... it'll probably grade I1 so not worth it, but the color is whiter than the GIA H and the pattern are fantastic matches.

3) Resetting GIA .76 D VS2 marquise into Artdecolover's fabulous marquise setting from DK. Plastic is already made and I just need to go in and try it on.

Upcoming projects, still need to send oec diamonds to GIA:

4) Dangle earrings with .76 and .90 oecs, around 5.8mm each. (probably M/VS)

5) Three stone with ~1.20ct 6.7-6.8mm oec with 5mm tsav sidestones. (probably J SI due to some tiny white inclusions on the side)

6) Three stone ruby and diamond ring. 6mm burmese ruby (can't remember ct), with .80ctw GIA D SI2 (tiny white feather almost impossible to find) rounds.

Plus setting a lot more gems that I've hoarded the past 10 years. So lots of bigger stones. :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thanks for sharing PSers. Exciting year ahead, big or small projects. I hope people will come back and update this thread throughout the year. Yay!! Can't wait to read more!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is that it will be something new from one of my favorite vendors, hopefully by the end of the year/beginning of next year... :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bumping up this thread to see what everyone is planning.

Personally I don't have any specific bling on my bling radar but I wouldn't hate finding a gorgeous old cut riviera necklace (that I could afford that is LOL). I am trying NOT to buy anymore old cut earrings (they are my weakness however) because I have too many as it is.
I don't want any more rings since I usually only wear my ER and WBs and have enough beautiful right hand rings for special occasions so nothing wanted in that category. Bracelets not a big wearer and I am happy with what I own in that category as well.

So that leaves a beautiful OEC or other combination old cut necklace for me though I would also love a big chunky pear diamond! Maybe as a pendant. :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1453470483|3979629 said:

Personally I don't have any specific bling on my bling radar but I wouldn't hate finding a gorgeous old cut riviera necklace (that I could afford that is LOL). I am trying NOT to buy anymore old cut earrings (they are my weakness however) because I have too many as it is.
I don't want any more rings since I usually only wear my ER and WBs and have enough beautiful right hand rings for special occasions so nothing wanted in that category. Bracelets not a big wearer and I am happy with what I own in that category as well.

So that leaves a beautiful OEC or other combination old cut necklace for me though I would also love a big chunky pear diamond! Maybe as a pendant. :love:

Dear Missy:

I found a necklace for you! :love: :wavey:

http://www.betteridge.com/tiffany-important-diamond-riviere-necklace/p/9719/

cheers--Sharon

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing major for me this year but would love to get a high karat yellow gold textured band like this one.

At some point I'd like to set a Zircon I've been holding onto for a few years. And eventually I want to upgrade my studs.

textured22ktgoldband.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1453227313|3978001 said:
These projects are currently in progress:

1) 3.35ctw three stone oec ring. Diamonds just got back from GIA and David Klass will be starting as soon as I can decide on a profile design! 1.57ct N VS1, 0.90 J VS1, 0.88 K SI1. (came back exactly as I predicted so I'm thrilled!)

2) 2.01ctw oec earrings. GIA 1.01 H VS1 (came back w/ higher clarity than I expected!) and ungraded 1.00ct. Not grading the second stone due to one dark crystal inclusion under table... it'll probably grade I1 so not worth it, but the color is whiter than the GIA H and the pattern are fantastic matches.

3) Resetting GIA .76 D VS2 marquise into Artdecolover's fabulous marquise setting from DK. Plastic is already made and I just need to go in and try it on.

Upcoming projects, still need to send oec diamonds to GIA:

4) Dangle earrings with .76 and .90 oecs, around 5.8mm each. (probably M/VS)

5) Three stone with ~1.20ct 6.7-6.8mm oec with 5mm tsav sidestones. (probably J SI due to some tiny white inclusions on the side)

6) Three stone ruby and diamond ring. 6mm burmese ruby (can't remember ct), with .80ctw GIA D SI2 (tiny white feather almost impossible to find) rounds.

Plus setting a lot more gems that I've hoarded the past 10 years. So lots of bigger stones. :bigsmile:

For number 3,Are you doing sapphires too? Or rubies or something else?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to have to sit out this and probably next year out as far as bling purchases go (does not include inexpensive silver pieces).

But- if I had the spare money would love to re-set my solitaire into a 3 stone ring
I would love to have ideal cut sides like this http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/3-stone-trois-brillant-diamond-engagement-ring-1426.htm

OR, be able to get a 5 or 7 stone band to layer with the solitaire. I'd prefer the 3 stone, but a stacking band may be more reachable.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) I will reset the diamond of my ER in a three-stone, custom made, setting. I already have all the diamonds that I need for this project and my jeweler and I are very close to finalizing the design of the new setting.
2) I will also do a reset of my half eternity wedding band.
I guess, when i'm all finished, my wedding set will be...unrecognizable! (hopefully in a good way! :D )
3) I would like to keep the original setting of my ER and have a CS set in it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1453472792|3979648 said:
missy|1453470483|3979629 said:

Dear Missy:

I found a necklace for you! :love: :wavey:

http://www.betteridge.com/tiffany-important-diamond-riviere-necklace/p/9719/

cheers--Sharon

Ooh la la thank you my dear Sharon. You have impeccable taste. :love: This would be a dream necklace. :love:
Now how do I convince Greg it is worth the money...it would mean delaying retirement for a few years I think. :Up_to_something: 8)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhhhh...I need to add pendant to my 2016 list. My mom just adopted my new AVR necklace...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1453504198|3979961 said:
Uhhhh...I need to add pendant to my 2016 list. My mom just adopted my new AVR necklace...

She works fast! :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1453481982|3979732 said:

I considered rubies, but am going with a medium blue. I wear a lot of blue and I just love everything about Artdecolover's ring. Picked up the plastic today and it is the perfect size!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1453525877|3980104 said:

I considered rubies, but am going with a medium blue. I wear a lot of blue and I just love everything about Artdecolover's ring. Picked up the plastic today and it is the perfect size!

That makes sense. I think if you're going with a white metal blue is the best way to go, it'll really make your D color pop.

I hope you share photos when you're done its a lovely ring I don't think I could see too many versions of it

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1453525800|3980103 said:

She isn't really wearing the huggies I bought her. She's too paranoid about losing them. Then I put the necklace around her neck and told her to wear it during the day. She kept it on for three days. She's totally color sensitive and the J doesn't bother her at all. Says a lot about AVRs. :)

Now i need to decide what I'm going to get, if any. I wore the huggies for a day and didn't love it. Nothing wrong with the earrings but I am just more of a studs girl. I returned them. I wonder if I should consider going for a 3+ oec... I think about my visit to Adam at OWD quite often...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No projects for me (at least not currently), but I love reading about everyone else's :D

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a small lot of 2.8mm pink/purple sapphires.

It was one of those weak moments, acting on impulse. I know little to nothing about them except the size and color and that I think they are very pretty. Luckily, they weren't expensive. Not sure what to do with them. Band ring? pendant? Not sure where to begin, even. I think I'll have to visit the colored stone board for assistance and inspiration. Not a bad place to be.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1453594992|3980488 said:

She isn't really wearing the huggies I bought her. She's too paranoid about losing them. Then I put the necklace around her neck and told her to wear it during the day. She kept it on for three days. She's totally color sensitive and the J doesn't bother her at all. Says a lot about AVRs. :)

Now i need to decide what I'm going to get, if any. I wore the huggies for a day and didn't love it. Nothing wrong with the earrings but I am just more of a studs girl. I returned them. I wonder if I should consider going for a 3+ oec... I think about my visit to Adam at OWD quite often...

Your mom has good taste...like her daughter! lol! You need a bigger pendant anyway!

Gosh, a 3+ ct OEC in F-G color, VS clarity is going to have a hefty price tag and be hard to find, too! Or would this be a second ring and lower color? Sounds wonderful, regardless! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a one thing underway, and have gotten a couple of things in 2016 already!

1) got Cartier Trinity hoops for anniversary at end of Dec.
2) bought WF 1.2 ctw studs on pre-loved either to save for a daughter or use the diamonds for side stones
3) CVB is currently making a setting for a sapphire we bought for my birthday last year, but I didn't decide on a setting until recently

Then for the remaining 2016 wishlist:

4) a ring for our anniversary next December, and yes, it takes me a year to decide, find stones, get a setting designed and made! I may do a three stone ring with a ruby and diamonds or all diamonds. I have a 1.65 ct ideal cut that I may use.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1453581449|3980383 said:
ForteKitty|1453525877|3980104 said:

That makes sense. I think if you're going with a white metal blue is the best way to go, it'll really make your D color pop.

I hope you share photos when you're done its a lovely ring I don't think I could see too many versions of it

I'll post pics of everything when they're done!

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
1. First up, to figure out a setting for 2 mrb stones I had recut. They're now both 1.5ct+ each and 3x and I'm absolutely obsessed with them! They'll be earrings but I can't decide plain 'ol studs or maybe some dangles....(what better way to catch the light my dear!). I've even toyed with selling one and using the money to pay for a setting for the remaining one. Dunno if I want to wear so much $ on my ears though.

2. Set a 1.06 BGD recut...either a bezel pendant or a halo ring. Been waffling for years on this....still no closer to a resolution.

3. Find a large (10mm) CS for my empty Erd/be tapered bullet setting which my OEC lived in for less than a year. I'm still kicking myself for paying so much for a setting.....never again. I've turned into the setting scrooge!

4. Finally reset my large OEC in a more refined solitaire, probably LAD's Julia. For now it lives happily in a $250 cheap setting.

Realistically, none of these will be done until I can sell off some of my unwanted pieces. I went on a bender when I lost out on an amazing vintage Cartier and bought a few old cuts to soften the pain. One was non returnable (an amazing tranny in a calibre cut emeralds halo) and will need to sell before any of my resets happen. In fact, my two (newish) 3x mrbs are held hostage until I can pay for them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh jerichosmom your ERD with bullets is one of my favourite settings! A CS would look magnificent in it :love:

Can I ask why you decided to remove your OEC though? The Julia and the ERD are very different styles - is it a style preference? Are you still considering changing your stone/recutting?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, regarding your #4, my 3 stone has a 1.6 center. I wanted to add this comment, that our center sizes are so similar. My sides are .8-9 each. Just in case you wanted to look at it.

I have been following your deliberations re AVR. It seems to me you may have talked yourself into keeping it with the latest post. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1453654569|3980706 said:
DS, regarding your #4, my 3 stone has a 1.6 center. I wanted to add this comment, that our center sizes are so similar. My sides are .8-9 each. Just in case you wanted to look at it.

I have been following your deliberations re AVR. It seems to me you may have talked yourself into keeping it with the latest post. :)

Ohh, yes, I forgot your ring had close to the same proportions! I'd love to see it again! I'll check your posts and see if i can find a pic, but I also was thinking about responding to your weight loss and watch topic, so maybe we could have a separate thread in hangout to talk about all that? A prize at the end might give me the incentive to do the same! Lol! Yes, I am schizophrenic when it comes to my ring...love it completely but not really sure I need one this size for my very casual lifestyle (and mainly because I am afraid my girls won't want a stone this big...but I just can't keep worrying about that!).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've inherited my mother's diamond ring and this year I'll probably be 1) getting the diamond certified, and 2) re-setting it. The diamond is a ~2.15 ct transitional-cut diamond that originally belonged to my paternal grandmother. She had it re-set and gave it to my mother the first time they met, which was when I was in college. My grandmother, who was Chinese, said that the diamond was given to my mother not because she was married to family's oldest child and only son, but because the marriage made her the eldest of my grandmother's three - and then four - daughters. It has some history because it was among the family treasures hidden to keep them safe when my father's country was invaded in WWII.

Anyhow, an old assessment by a local jeweler pegged it as being in the O-P color range. I'm really curious as to what GIA would call it. Under some lighting it's very tinted, and I'm wondering whether it actually wanders into the "fancy colored" range. I really like the bronzy tint and I think I want to play it up with its new setting, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to set the color off with whiter halo stones (not to mention the fact that halos aren't my favorite style :wink2: ).

So... more to come!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IN PROGRESS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Waiting to hear back from BGD and IDJ...

:naughty: :Up_to_something:

Here's a hint - looks like MICKEY MOUSE!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1453844926|3981960 said:
IN PROGRESS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Waiting to hear back from BGD and IDJ...

:naughty: :Up_to_something:

Here's a hint - looks like MICKEY MOUSE!

Excited!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1453608970|3980581 said:
LLJsmom|1453594992|3980488 said:

Your mom has good taste...like her daughter! lol! You need a bigger pendant anyway!

Gosh, a 3+ ct OEC in F-G color, VS clarity is going to have a hefty price tag and be hard to find, too! Or would this be a second ring and lower color? Sounds wonderful, regardless! :love:

Hi DS, if I do seriously consider an OEC it would probably be K or J. And I would have to do a trade in. I would want a 3 plus carat so I would have to give up my MRB. Are you glad you traded in for an OEC type stone? I am concerned I would miss the sparkle of an MRB. I think I should start with a small AVR or OEC on my finger so I can see if I like the sparkle.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure what my bling project will be but I am counting on finding something crazy wonderful at the Miami Beach Antique show that begins on Thursday. I have a very big Bday coming up in June and my DH is prepared for me to choose something special. I do want it to be something that I can look at on me without using a mirror. So I guess it means a ring or bracelet! I hope to post some pictures from the show of some of the fantastic bling I see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results