shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh I hate having to find a catchy subject

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I remember the days when I couldn't keep up with all the posts here. I guess everyone has gone and gotten engaged and married, some have even started families, since I first joined (it was well over 7 years ago, and two engagements, however no weddings).

I long for an outlet to just spill all my woes. So here it goes. (Haha that rhymes)

I'm not even sure if I've talked about my beau. Let's call him K. K and I met via blind date set up by our parents... I wasn't even sure I wanted to date anymore, I'd been through two failed engagements and had come to a realization that I didn't need a man to make me happy, or to even get the family that I craved so much. So when K first called me I didn't know what to do, so after a wonderful hour phone date I decided that what could it hurt to meet him. However, I was in full swing of IUI and had a insemination scheduled for two days before our first date. But I didn't want to jump the gun and throw my plans out the window. So two days before our date I was artificially inseminated (not my first round, I'd been doing it for just under 10 months).

The night of our first date came, I was nervous. He was late. Maybe he saw me through the window and decided against it. But as the seconds passed through my head and I was thinking of leaving the front door of the coffee shop opened and in walked this tall slim man. His skin was tan and I could tell right away he was a hard worker because he had these hands that were beat up and slightly swollen.

I just stared, then he walked over to me, 'Are you M'?

We've been inseparable since. I had never believed in love at first sight, still not sure if I do but if I did that date I fell in love.

Two weeks later I found out I was pregnant.

I had to tell him. We still hadn't kissed. As I blurted out the words I had a feeling it was the end of K&M. He just looked at me for a really long time, said ok and left me standing on my doorstep. I walked inside my house and cried.

He called me the next day to apologize for his reaction and wondered if we could talk in person.

I can't remember much of that day or our conversation because only one thing mattered. All he wanted to know is if I was happy, and if I was then he was.

I knew I found my soul mate that night.

When I misscarried a week or two later he let me cry on his shoulder.

Anyways K is the best thing that has ever come into my life. He makes me happy even though I was happy before I met him, he makes my happiness more complete.

Hope you enjoyed my little tale.

And I hope we can get some action on this forum.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss! But I'm so glad that you had K to lean on when you were going through that. I enjoyed your story. How long have you been seeing each other? How did your parents know him?

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
K and I have been dating 2 years + 3 months. Our parents volunteered together through the Lions club.

Tomorrow I'm giving K a party as he is graduating from the Cal Fire academy. So proud of him....

Now if he'll just propose... That would be grand, as I spend most of my time thinking about it and I'm sure I could be thinking about other things... Haha

However it is a leap year ,(as everyone keeps reminding me) and maybe I should just do it myself... You know people always say if you want something done right you got to do it yourself.

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a lovely story ! (I'm also bummed there aren't more people around to read it)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old married women popped over from Rockytalk to see what's going on here... :wavey: .

Your story is lovely. I cant imagine having to spring an "I'm pregnant" on a man that I just started dating and really liked.
He handled it quite well in my opinion!

Hoping you get some good news soon...don't give up! It will happen at the right time!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a really sweet story! I have some less-traditional history, myself, so I especially appreciate hearing stories like you two meeting and making it through an unexpected beginning. Good luck!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Little update... K just got offered his DREAM job!!!!!! We are both just so excited!!!!!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1456441106|3995769 said:
Little update... K just got offered his DREAM job!!!!!! We are both just so excited!!!!!

Are you proposing to him since it's a leap year?!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ILoveSpinel|1456441106|3995769 said:

Oh, congrats! That is super exciting! Is it local? Do you have to move or anything?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to K! When does he start his new job?

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
no proposing... thought about it, but I was sooo sick yesterday!

His job is close to home, just sure of his station yet, but will be within a 2 hour drive. he starts as early as May 1.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results