shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
I originally bought Gia G vs2 earrings from Blue Nile. The had a great hca score and were very sparkly but yellow, one slightly more than the other. I wish I had a picture to show that. Granted I am color sensitive but even another person pointed it out. Fortunately Blue Nile has a nice return policy and I returned them with no issue.
I purchased these Tiffany & co I, vs2 and they are much whiter! As was my Tiffany & co G solitaire ring in comparison to the gia graded g's. I am now convinced that Tiffany grades more stringently than the Gia. (Unless I just got duds)
My Tiffany studs: 20150930_203725.jpg

20150930_0.jpg

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Zizzy, I think your earrings are the perfect size. Thanks for sharing! They look beautiful on you. Enjoy! :angel:

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium
Finally posting my GOG platinum select 2tcw, H, absolutely eye clean SI2 studs in custom platinum 4 prong martini setting. GOG were so fantastic to deal with, even went so far as to have the settings remade because they weren't happy with them - talk about customer service. Sorry for awful pics :???: DSS has definitely hit though :shock:

_35512.jpg

_35513.jpg

_35514.jpg

_35515.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fige|1449573189|3958926 said:
Finally posting my GOG platinum select 2tcw, H, absolutely eye clean SI2 studs in custom platinum 4 prong martini setting. GOG were so fantastic to deal with, even went so far as to have the settings remade because they weren't happy with them - talk about customer service. Sorry for awful pics :???: DSS has definitely hit though :shock:

They look fabulous! Honestly, I'm not minimizing your feelings but they look really big and perfect on your tiny earlobes! Congratulations, I love them!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fige, they look really nice on your ear. I think you have really good coverage but I can understand wanting something bigger. I'm not necessarily a diamond girl except for studs (just got a new pair for my b-day!) but maybe you can give them a bigger feel with a jacket? That could help with the DSS you feel right now.

JulieKae

Rough_Rock
This thread has been so fun to go through! I have drooled over many of your pairs! I also took the time to take a not so great shot of my studs - I have a pair of french cuts, a pair of oec's, a tiny pair of rounds and some carre cuts - my favorite surprisingly are the oec's with the carre and french tied for second place :)
The way I tucked my hair makes me look like I have elf ears (not that there's anything wrong with that - but I don't) my_diamond_studs.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rockhoundofficiando|1448672413|3954811 said:
I originally bought Gia G vs2 earrings from Blue Nile. The had a great hca score and were very sparkly but yellow, one slightly more than the other. I wish I had a picture to show that. Granted I am color sensitive but even another person pointed it out. Fortunately Blue Nile has a nice return policy and I returned them with no issue.
I purchased these Tiffany & co I, vs2 and they are much whiter! As was my Tiffany & co G solitaire ring in comparison to the gia graded g's. I am now convinced that Tiffany grades more stringently than the Gia. (Unless I just got duds)
My Tiffany studs: 20150930_203725.jpg

I LOVE these since they are very like mine! :bigsmile: I love the size!!!!! (mine are also .50ctw, F color). Small but mighty!!! :appl: Tiffany rocks!! :saint:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love checking in here! The GOG 1 ct each studs are fabulous as well as the .25 each Tiffany studs! Love the little french cuts, too!

I upgraded earlier this year to 1.15 cts each and almost immediately had DSS. But I am glad I didn't change them because these are plenty big for my world. I appreciate larger diamonds, but sometimes the delicate smaller ones are just gorgeous and preferable to me. I have the same problem with rings...I love larger diamonds but always feel I went too big!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Diamond seeker .I love checking in her also. I also had DSS right after I got my 1.20 each but I am now settled in and know they are the perfect size for me. But now I am researching dangling studs for my daughter who is turning 25 in February . I am thking JA dangle setting with .75-.80 tcw studs But I am going to get them at IDJ I have already let them know I'm looking. This way I can go to New York and see them before I buy them and maybe take my daughter with me for the adventure

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1450536114|3963488 said:
I love checking in here! The GOG 1 ct each studs are fabulous as well as the .25 each Tiffany studs! Love the little french cuts, too!

I upgraded earlier this year to 1.15 cts each and almost immediately had DSS. But I am glad I didn't change them because these are plenty big for my world. I appreciate larger diamonds, but sometimes the delicate smaller ones are just gorgeous and preferable to me. I have the same problem with rings...I love larger diamonds but always feel I went too big!

I hear ya. I love large diamonds.

I am an earring gal: I love large earrings but wear very few studs. So smallish diamond studs makes sense for me. But I adore studs of all sizes on everyone else!!

PS--here is a new ring I found for you DS! heheheee

http://www.doverjewelry.com/product/beaudry-8-61ct-diamond-blue-tanzanite-platinum-enagement-ring/

cheers--Sharon

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I was completely surprised this Christmas with my first pair of diamond studs. I've always loved emerald cuts but they are uncommon for studs. I'm thrilled with these!
1 ctw -perfect for my tiny lobes. Any larger and they would hang off the edge.
E color, VVS2
4 prong platinum setting

I'm terrible at photographing them but here they are...

earrings2_7.jpg
earrings_15.jpg

himni

Shiny_Rock
I wanna play :)

My first pair of diamond studs. Diamonds and setting by Victor Canera.

here is a video of the stones from VC's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6jyTlTW5Zs

here is a video of the completed earrings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK94W7HXKNA

the stats:
h/vs 0.80ct each and are set in a double row halo with single-cut melee.

They were a gift from my husband.

here is the original thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/come-see-my-beautiful-diamond-stud-earrings-by-victor-canera.218270/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/come-see-my-beautiful-diamond-stud-earrings-by-victor-canera.218270/[/URL]

vc_custom_studs_ear_0.png

victor_canera_collection_0.jpg

victor_canera_1.png

vc.png

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1450833191|3965073 said:
Diamond seeker .I love checking in her also. I also had DSS right after I got my 1.20 each but I am now settled in and know they are the perfect size for me. But now I am researching dangling studs for my daughter who is turning 25 in February . I am thking JA dangle setting with .75-.80 tcw studs But I am going to get them at IDJ I have already let them know I'm looking. This way I can go to New York and see them before I buy them and maybe take my daughter with me for the adventure

heididdl--I would love to see what you decide on for DD! :love: :love: When I got my stud (earring not husband :lol: :lol: ) upgrade last year, it put my prior studs into semi-retirement. I need to re-set those puppies, & have been thinking along the same track as you with those dangles for your DD. I hope you will come back with a SMTB thread when you finish the project!! :appl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Going to IDJ next Monday......

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small by PS standards but are perfect for me.
Tiffany .50 ctw. Platinum.

irl_tiffany_earrings.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1454186435|3984269 said:

Sharon, seriously, they look SO beautiful on you! They really do look perfect! :appl: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1454209275|3984418 said:

Sharon, seriously, they look SO beautiful on you! They really do look perfect! :appl: :love:

Thank you dear JuneB!! You made my day! (hugs) :))

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Sharon I love the way your new studs look on you and your haircut is so sassy and sexy!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1454260075|3984660 said:

Sharon I love the way your new studs look on you and your haircut is so sassy and sexy!!!

There are no sweeter ladies than on PS! :)) :wavey: Thank you for your kind compliment Sundial!!!! Keep well my friend!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon...love the earrings and the haircut is great!

Heidi...so glad I checked in and saw your daughter's new studs! I think that is a great choice! I am still watching for some for my girls!

RenniPenni..love your ACAs!

Himni...wow, those are some of the most gorgeous earrings ever!!!

Luce...gorgeous diamond collection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heidi, just wanted to say that I just picked up a pair of .38 each, I VS1 ACAs from pre-loved for one of my girls!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My daughter absolutely loved the studs .82 hearts and arrows from IDJewelry F color eye clean si1.

_2169.jpeg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1456452122|3995839 said:
Heidi, just wanted to say that I just picked up a pair of .38 each, I VS1 ACAs from pre-loved for one of my girls!

That's awesome ..I'm glad you saw them first I would have loved ACA for Dana but I am so happy ..The only thing is the are bothering her ears as she hasn't used those second holes in a long time.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my .90 E SI H&A studs from IDJ!! I love them so much! I think they're a HUGE difference from what I was wearing before, are a great size for right now and I love IDJ's trade up policy!!

stud_on_0.jpg

stud_on_1.jpg

diamond_82.jpg

studs_with_wedding_0.jpg

Q

Queenie60

acano117|1458330180|4007536 said:
Here are my .90 E SI H&A studs from IDJ!! I love them so much! I think they're a HUGE difference from what I was wearing before, are a great size for right now and I love IDJ's trade up policy!!

are they .90 each or .90 total cw? Just curious. IDJ is currently making a pair of studs for me. one stone is a .91 and .93 for 1.84 total carat weight.

Beautiful earrings and they look great on your ears.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
so awesome isnt IDJ so terrific

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
heididdl|1450833191|3965073 said:

This is my new favorite also. A few years ago it would have been unthinkable that someone would have DSS at over 1 carat each, but now I get it. I will hopefully have my 1.2 ctw soon and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that DSS won't hit too soon or my hubby will really lose patience with me :wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results