shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies...has any body tried Lip Fusion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if anyone has tried that new lip gloss called Lip Fusion that is supposed to plump up your lips and make them look and feel full. Im intrigued but skeptical!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=UMHOWPSVTCSKFLAUCLABXCQ?id=P91112&_requestid=387077

CanadianGal

Rough_Rock
I haven''t tried Lip Fusion, But I do use Lip Venom by Duwop all the time! It sounds like it''s pretty much the same thing. It makes your lips plump, and just the right colour, they look perfect! Its pretty expensive though, its about $25 here for a teeny tiny little vile, but I think it''s worth it
26.gif

http://www.duwop.com/

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I tried Lip injection its listed at sephora along with the duwop brand. It does pump them up for a while but if you really want fuller lips you would need collagen injections such as cosmoderm/cosmoplast.
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha when i saw just the subject of this i thought...WHAT is lip fusion?? some new surgery? hehee.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Coincidently I've been wondering the same thing and even added this product to my Sephora order yesterday. My shopping basket is still sitting there as I'm debating as whether or not to drive to the store instead and pick out more very necessary goodies. I love makeup and face products, so going to the actual store is a huge thrill for me! lol (the simple pleasures
2.gif
)

Regardless of HOW I manage to score some lip fusion (lol), I'll post what I think of it when I get the results.

If this stuff works I may try and plump up other parts of my body too
9.gif
(hahaha)

ETA - I cannot remember which brand - either lip venum or lip fusion was listed in one of the magazines (Elle?) as a must-have product as voted by readers, so they must work at least a little bit.

Michelle

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC,
Let us know how it works. I just wonder HOW it works, and if it''s anything that one might be allergic to??

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 7:49:52 PM
Author: kaleigh
MC,
Let us know how it works. I just wonder HOW it works, and if it''s anything that one might be allergic to??
they probably use some sort of vasodilator to open up the blood vessels in your lips, making them swell.
...wonder what that feels like!
23.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I tried two products yesterday. Plump Lips Lip Plumper by Freeze 24/7, cost $40 at Nordstrom and Lip Injection by Two Faced, cost $18.50, also at Nordies
3.gif

I applied one of the glosses on the left side of my mouth and the other on the right. Both worked, but Lip Injection worked a bit better. I could see a visable difference between the two!

That said, my lips looked weird and unnatural. Maybe I put too much on, but the gloss was TOO glossy and my lips puffed a bit too much around the edges & turned a really strong shade of orangie red - looked like I had plastic-like lips. . .Of course, I was looking up close in my mirror for like 10 minutes and over obsessing over the details, but regardless, I found myself upset that there was lumpiness around the edges of my lips. In no way had my dream of having Angelina's sexy volumptious lips come true. . .

(BUT, if you're interested in trying, as I said these products DO work, I'd recommend trying them in person rather than ordering online!)

And, there is some sort of vascular action (or whatever). Benefit has a product too and the woman at that counter told me theirs doesn't do anything along this line and therefore doesn't work as well! Lip Venom has snake venom in it!
6.gif
. . .the Plump Lip product uses Niacin.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I put in my vote for Lip Venom by DuWop. Except for the fact that the effect only lasts for about 15 minutes at a time. I noticed that it works best when you properly exfoliate your lips before you use it and no other lipstick or primer on before hand. Just bare lips. Also, if you can handle the tingle, it is great. My friend hates it because of the off-putting tingle, but I sort of like it!

Good luck, and don''t consider lip surgery, because my friend got collagen injections and it was real easily botched and now her smile is crooked, and the corrective surgery is just too painful, time consuming and expensive... Just my $.02.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The newest one on the market - the Lip Plumper by Freeze 24/7 one - is suppose to last the longest. I didn''t mind the tingle, either. It felt kind of cool
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the reviews guys! curiosity has the best of me yet again....i may have to try it
13.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 12:15:23 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

Okay, I tried two products yesterday. Plump Lips Lip Plumper by Freeze 24/7, cost $40 at Nordstrom and Lip Injection by Two Faced, cost $18.50, also at Nordies
3.gif

I applied one of the glosses on the left side of my mouth and the other on the right. Both worked, but Lip Injection worked a bit better. I could see a visable difference between the two!

That said, my lips looked weird and unnatural. Maybe I put too much on, but the gloss was TOO glossy and my lips puffed a bit too much around the edges & turned a really strong shade of orangie red - looked like I had plastic-like lips. . .Of course, I was looking up close in my mirror for like 10 minutes and over obsessing over the details, but regardless, I found myself upset that there was lumpiness around the edges of my lips. In no way had my dream of having Angelina''s sexy volumptious lips come true. . .

(BUT, if you''re interested in trying, as I said these products DO work, I''d recommend trying them in person rather than ordering online!)

And, there is some sort of vascular action (or whatever). Benefit has a product too and the woman at that counter told me theirs doesn''t do anything along this line and therefore doesn''t work as well! Lip Venom has snake venom in it!
6.gif
. . .the Plump Lip product uses Niacin.
MichelleCarmen, I was wondering how long they both lasted. Funny on my lips, the Lip Venom actually made the center part puffy and the outer edges didn''t have much of a reaction. My lips got a bit more red (which I don''t like) and yes, I also noticed it was a bit TOO shiny. Unnaturally shiny...
23.gif

Well, I loves me some snake venom, but I maybe should switch to something less poisonous...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 12:18:02 AM
Author: Nicrez

MichelleCarmen, I was wondering how long they both lasted. Funny on my lips, the Lip Venom actually made the center part puffy and the outer edges didn't have much of a reaction. My lips got a bit more red (which I don't like) and yes, I also noticed it was a bit TOO shiny. Unnaturally shiny...
23.gif

Well, I loves me some snake venom, but I maybe should switch to something less poisonous...
lip injection is suppose to last 10-15 minutes (I think - as I didn't actually test the time). . .while in the mall, i was in a huge hurry, so I put on both brands, grabbed the sales girl's card (out of courtesy) and raced on out of there to head to my next stop (supplies a Target
3.gif
). . .when I was in the car, I realized my lips looked ridiculous so I wiped them clean. . .they DID look a bit better while bare yet slightly puffed

I kept thinking everyone in Target was pointing at me and laughing about my terrible collagen lips, but, lol, in reality I was mostly self conscious of the lack of naturalness. . .
9.gif

Oh, and on a side note, while at the mall, I scored. . .BIG TIME. . .the woman in L'occitane gave me, get this, ***31 samples***!. . . Yes, thirty one.

Isn't that insane? lol I asked for lots of samples while buying my over-priced shea lotion and soaps and she sure accomodated.
36.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the City Lips product for a little bit of plumping! They now come in colors too. I love the Sun Diego color, perfect for summer.
www.citylips.com

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
where did you here lip venom had snake venom? It is cinnamon that makes your lips swell....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A cosmetic sales woman at Nordstrom told me snake venom was an active ingredient - I figured she knew what she was talking about. . .lol
20.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve tried a similar product, it didnt work for me. I''m so picky I think I just wiped it off because I don''t like when things tingle.

This is what it says on Sephora: "Lip Venom is a spicy, tingly gloss that enhances the natural color and shape of the lips by increasing circulation with a blend of essential oils including cinnamon and ginger. The result: shiny, bee-stung lips."

I always thought it was cinnamon or other spices too, like peppers. That''s where the "tingle" comes from.
Just in case you''re interested in some of the other products out there, I did find this online:

New York Daily News - Thersday - Pure puffery
if that link doesnt work try this:
http://www.nydailynews.com/city_life/thersday/story/183641p-159331c.html

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried to bite a hot peper instead ? It lasts about 20 minutes and doesn't make your lips glossy... Less glamorous than snake venom or cinamon, more "pepper class"
9.gif

OMG !

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried it because I was curious and it had nothing I was allergic to in it (which is very rare.) and seriously, not impressed. I felt I got a better foof out of Lip Venom Lite.

Lip Venom contains natural oils, cinnamon etc, I had to run "trials" with the lite and original and flash to make sure I wasn't violently allergic to it. What kind of idiot saleswoman would say such a thing as that....

LipFusion is really pricey but it's a fairly big tube, but it took an hour to see ANY difference and it was pretty sad what showed.

I was just glad that these products didn't make me have my typical reaction, usually all I can wear on my mouth is vaseline, neosporin and Lorac sheer wash.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results